This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post
    If a team comes calling and is willing to offer us similar to what the Falcons gave up to get Julio Jones, I would trade back in a heartbeat.
    Years later, and I still feel like that was trade-rape.....lol

All them picks tho!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

If a team comes calling and is willing to offer us similar to what the Falcons gave up to get Julio Jones, I would trade back in a heartbeat.
      agreed. All depends on a teams needs as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
        You're a genius
        THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          agreed. All depends on a teams needs as well.
          Yea, but what's funny is.....some teams (ours being one of them) never seems to draft what everyone considers their "need".....not in the first round anyway....
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

scenarios like that aren't even brought up though. Its always something dumb like trading back to Clevelands spot for a third or something and passing up on a game changer. I probably wouldn't even do a trade like Cleveland and Atlanta since Julio has shown to be a game changer while guys picked lower in the first are usually a way bigger gamble
            "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
            - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              Yea, but what's funny is.....some teams (ours being one of them) never seems to draft what everyone considers their "need".....not in the first round anyway....
              Im sure most fans from every team feel the same

Comment

Our team is actually one of the few teams whose first rounder Ive never been able to predict properly. Ive only really been paying attention to the draft since like 09 or so and every year the pick comes out of nowhere. Clevelands a team that Ive been able to guess well and they've been pretty sucky
                - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• After thinking about it the past week or so.....I think I would like us to draft another playmaker on offense again. Gurley or Cooper would be legittttt on this team. DO WANT!!
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

That's why all of these mock drafts on TV are just a waste of time. Then we get to watch them rip the team and get all butt hurt when a team doesn't follow their mock drafts. The only so-called expert that got Odell Beckham Jr to us right was Todd McShay and most of those people ripped the giants for that pick.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                      Our team is actually one of the few teams whose first rounder Ive never been able to predict properly. Ive only really been paying attention to the draft since like 09 or so and every year the pick comes out of nowhere. Clevelands a team that Ive been able to guess well and they've been pretty sucky
                      I think 09 was actually the exception. I kinda figured it would have been Nicks or Britt.

'10 is where it started to get cloudy. I don't think anyone saw the JPP pick....
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

That's why all of these mock drafts on TV are just a waste of time. Then we get to watch them rip the team and get all butt hurt when a team doesn't follow their mock drafts. The only so-called expert that got Odell Beckham Jr to us right was Todd McShay and most of those people ripped the giants for that pick.
                        Yeeeaaaa but also those guys are CLOSE to accurate. Even if they don't always get the EXACT picks right, they get a lot of the same groupings correct. both McShay and Kiper had mocks this year that had us taking Cooper....though, that was last month, I haven't looked at the more recent ****.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I think 09 was actually the exception. I kinda figured it would have been Nicks or Britt.

'10 is where it started to get cloudy. I don't think anyone saw the JPP pick....
                          I had Derrick Morgan as our pick that year. JPP basically came out of nowhere. I was cool with it because I at least got the position right. Mayock called it a boom or bust pick. Turned it to ESPN right afterwards. McShay and Kiper were pissed and called the giants out for that pick.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeeeaaaa but also those guys are CLOSE to accurate. Even if they don't always get the EXACT picks right, they get a lot of the same groupings correct. both McShay and Kiper had mocks this year that had us taking Cooper....though, that was last month, I haven't looked at the more recent ****.
                            Most of them are usually right with their top 5. After that, it gets crazy. Don't get me wrong, I respect what they do and it is very difficult to get it even half of the time. I just get turned off by the bashing that usually comes afterwards for not following their mock.
                            sigpic

Comment

I had Derrick Morgan as our pick that year. JPP basically came out of nowhere. I was cool with it because I at least got the position right. Mayock called it a boom or bust pick. Turned it to ESPN right afterwards. McShay and Kiper were pissed and called the giants out for that pick.

The problem with those guys is that theyre not really talent evaluators, they base their opinions on what they've heard from others. The actually scouting guys like Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks, Matt Miller and the guys on twitter are much better if you're looking for real analysis of picks.

I read this from Miller today which applies to Kiper and Mcshay

Evaluating, grading and ranking players based on immediate ability and long-term upside. I've always said that my player rankings are what should be judged—and the same goes for NFL teams.

Analysts who prop themselves up for getting "X" number of picks right in a mock draft aren't proving they can analyze talent; they're proving that they either have good connections in the NFL or are really good at guessing.
                              - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

I honestly don't even remember who I thought we would pick.....or who I wanted for that matter.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X