X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    Nice start to the playoffs last night.

Dude, did you see when they showed.....errr crap I forget his name from Pitt....come back to the bench after getting his nose stitched up? Dude wrenched his nose around for like 3 seconds in the most UNNATURAL way, and then just blew a snot rocket of like 10oz of blood onto his hand, wiped it on his pants, and then started watching the game again.....

Hockey is so badass haha
    Yea that was great. haha

Gaaahd I love that.

Comment

I'm much better looking.
      I admit that he is more hideous than you.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
        I think I got him with this post in the draft section

The premise behind this argument is nuts. Good players are found in every round of every draft, I could go back and list every player drafted after one of our picks and claim that we should pass on a position because another team got a guy in the 3rd. Ryan Leaf looked he had all the tools coming out how did we know that Eli wouldn't be the next Leaf and since the Pats got Brady in the 6th we should wait on drafting a QB until the later rounds. Is it clear how crazy I think the point your making is.
        If you really wanted to you could make this exact same point with UDFAs and claim we shouldn't draft anyone at all since UDFAs are cheaper and teams find studs all the time.
        RB is kind of a crapshoot.
        You could make the argument that 1st rounder RBs have traditionally have had less success than guys taken later.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

RB is kind of a crapshoot.
          You could make the argument that 1st rounder RBs have traditionally have had less success than guys taken later.
          Could argue the entire draft is really a crap shoot. 3 years ago everything was about how safe Joeckel, Fisher, Warmack and Cooper were since they were all highly rated ol's, and all of them have been pretty disappointing. O linemen and LTs in particular are considered safe picks in the first but they bust just as much as any other position. ESPN has just been telling everyone the RB isn't a position of value and people believe it.
          "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
          - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            I admit that he is more hideous than you.
            gee thanks.....
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Could argue the entire draft is really a crap shoot. 3 years ago everything was about how safe Joeckel, Fisher, Warmack and Cooper were since they were all highly rated ol's, and all of them have been pretty disappointing. O linemen and LTs in particular are considered safe picks in the first but they bust just as much as any other position. ESPN has just been telling everyone the RB isn't a position of value and people believe it.
              lol...wellllllll I've kind of always been in that camp. One of my first posts ever on these boards was about how I didn't care who was lined up behind the QB, because OL was good enough to make anyone look great. And it was 100% true.
              I still stand by it. OL is 99% more important than the RB
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

lol...wellllllll I've kind of always been in that camp. One of my first posts ever on these boards was about how I didn't care who was lined up behind the QB, because OL was good enough to make anyone look great. And it was 100% true.
                I still stand by it. OL is 99% more important than the RB
                I think you missed my point completely. I was talking about how you think the position is more of a crap shoot than others, even though the "safe" positions are just as much of a crapshoot. I also disagree about your other point, its much to find one RB, than it is to get 4 or 5 really good OLs to cover for a bad RB. Neither of the teams in this years Super Bowl had that great of an OL.
                - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

I think you missed my point completely. I was talking about how you think the position is more of a crap shoot than others, even though the "safe" positions are just as much of a crapshoot. I also disagree about your other point, its much to find one RB, than it is to get 4 or 5 really good OLs to cover for a bad RB. Neither of the teams in this years Super Bowl had that great of an OL.
                  youre definitely right. any position can be a bust. my last post was more addressing the point made by you saying people regurgitated ESPN nonsense about RB not being a position of value.

And although there are RBs who ARE significantly better than others......it's a fact that it's definitely nowhere close to the most important position to draft when you need help elsewhere. Saying otherwise just seems silly.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• both super bowl teams had a much better OL than ours lol
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

youre definitely right. any position can be a bust. my last post was more addressing the point made by you saying people regurgitated ESPN nonsense about RB not being a position of value.

And although there are RBs who ARE significantly better than others......it's a fact that it's definitely nowhere close to the most important position to draft when you need help elsewhere. Saying otherwise just seems silly.
                      We shored up the DL a lot via free agency with Selvie and Ellis, plus theres really no DEs that fit our scheme that are gonna be available at 9 unless a miracle happens and Williams slides. Theres not FS's or LBs even remotely close to value there and the guard position is really deep for the second and third round. Were really stuck with reaching on LT to develop, or maybe WR if we go in another direction.
                      - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

We shored up the DL a lot via free agency with Selvie and Ellis, plus theres really no DEs that fit our scheme that are gonna be available at 9 unless a miracle happens and Williams slides. Theres not FS's or LBs even remotely close to value there and the guard position is really deep for the second and third round. Were really stuck with reaching on LT to develop, or maybe WR if we go in another direction.
                        I just don't want you to think I'm making a case for one player or another......I'm not.....this might be one of the first years I don't really care about which way we draft.....

Let me rephrase that. As long as we get an impact player, I think I'll be content....
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I just don't want you to think I'm making a case for one player or another......I'm not.....this might be one of the first years I don't really care about which way we draft.....

Let me rephrase that. As long as we get an impact player, I think I'll be content....
                          What Im saying is, if we draft Scherff with the #9 pick Im becoming a Raiders fan
                          - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• Favorite Nirvana Song?
                            New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Antwuan View Post
                              Favorite Nirvana Song?
                              Alice in Chains is better than Nirvana. Boom, deal with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Antwuan View Post
                                Favorite Gucci Mane Song?
                                He's got a couple classics under his belt but Icy is probably my favorite
                                - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

Working...
                                X