Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veal on the other hand, I feel like its a responsibility to eat veal when its on a menu. Dont want that poor thing to have suffered for nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
      Hey banker.....why does the stock market suck so much balls?
      What in God's name are you talking about?
      The market is friggin killin.
      Every day is a new high. Our funds are going crazy. (Thank God for income inequality)
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        What in God's name are you talking about?
        The market is friggin killin.
        Every day is a new high. Our funds are going crazy. (Thank God for income inequality)
        I'm getting pretty decent growth in my retirement accounts. Nothing crazy for me though, at the moment.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          I'm getting pretty decent growth in my retirement accounts. Nothing crazy for me though, at the moment.
          In the last 10 years the S & P is averaging about 8%/yr growth. And that includes the collapse in 2008.
          In the last 5 years the S & P is up more than 13%/yr.
          That is tremendous performance.
          Our 401K's and IRA's have tripled in the past 6 years. (that obviously includes contributions)

Comment

In the last 10 years the S & P is averaging about 8%/yr growth. And that includes the collapse in 2008.
            Our 401K's and IRA's have tripled in the past 6 years. (that obviously includes contributions)
            Better take some gains off the table. Goldman Sacks and Dorsey Wright suggested beginning defensive posture allocations. We have never had a 6 year bull run like this one without an average correction. This bull will become bear in the next 6 - 8 months. Act prudently. Retain Your Gains.
            1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
              Better take some gains off the table. Goldman Sacks and Dorsey Wright suggested beginning defensive posture allocations. We have never had a 6 year bull run like this one without an average correction. This bull will become bear in the next 6 - 8 months. Act prudently. Retain Your Gains.
              I'm not going to try to time the market. We have 10 more years before we retire. We have given Vanguard (who controls our biggest portfolio) permission to start allocating in slightly more conservative funds. But when there is a correction it just means we can buy into funds cheaper.
              While I think there will be a 5 to 10% correction (maybe this fall) I'm not going to be concerned. While there has been a huge bull market, I think a lot is due to the panicked sell off back in 08 and 09.

Comment

I've had quarters with 17% growth...but then other quarters with about 3-4%, so, I mean it's better than nothing I suppose. I have no complaints considering I get matched on my contributions. That said, I wish I had more expendable income to put away!!
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Favorite Ice Cream?
                  New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

I'm not going to try to time the market. We have 10 more years before we retire. We have given Vanguard (who controls our biggest portfolio) permission to start allocating in slightly more conservative funds. But when there is a correction it just means we can buy into funds cheaper.
                    While I think there will be a 5 to 10% correction (maybe this fall) I'm not going to be concerned. While there has been a huge bull market, I think a lot is due to the panicked sell off back in 08 and 09.
                    Wrong approach. Market lost 39% in 08. Why risk that again? Makes no sense. To buy at the new lows ? That's what dumb brokers say, sorry but true. " Don't worry you have time until retirement to withstand another crash.....market will always come back.....dollar cost average ....."""""

Tactical allocation and taking gains is key.
                    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
                      Wrong approach. Market lost 39% in 08. Why risk that again? Makes no sense. To buy at the new lows ? That's what dumb brokers say, sorry but true. " Don't worry you have time until retirement to withstand another crash.....market will always come back.....dollar cost average ....."""""

Tactical allocation and taking gains is key.
                      I don't "play" the market. I invest for the long haul. We are as diversified as anyone can be. Trying to time the market is a recipe for disaster. If I "took my gains" I would have missed out on more growth.
                      The only reason we've done so well over the past 20 years is because we have stayed the course. That includes plenty of down times.
                      Plus trust me.....The FED isn't interested at all in increasing interest rates much at all. They will probably remain very low for the foreseeable future.

I'm sure there will be down times....To me that's just an opportunity to continue to buy at a discount.

Comment

The FED isn't interested at all in increasing interest rates much at all. They will probably remain very low for the foreseeable future.
                        I think that in the next year there will be increases. slowly anyway.

That said, if people are relying on just bank interest rates to save retirement money....ouch. they gon' be broke!!
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Anyway.....back to more entertaining things:

Anyone see the movie "Whiplash" ?? Most excellent. I highly recommend it. You are welcome, in advance.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Antwuan View Post
                            Favorite Ice Cream?
                            mint chocolate chip

Comment

• Originally posted by Antwuan View Post
                              Favorite Ice Cream?
                              vanilla.

and no, it's not boring......vanilla is goddamn delicious and doesn't have to rely on candy to make it good.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                vanilla.

and no, it's not boring......vanilla is goddamn delicious and doesn't have to rely on candy to make it good.
                                Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz boring!!! Pistachio
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X