This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
    Im gonna keep it honest and let you know that I didnt even know there was an earthquake. Theyre usually pretty south of where my parents are from though.
    It was in Nepal, and they said some from India as well as China died. I'm not sure where in India though, but it might not have affected some areas.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

For some reason people dont like the people from neighbouring countries for basically no reason. My mom dislikes the people of Pakistan with a passion even though she knows like 0. (I think its because she's stereotyping the ones in Canada that have like 9 kids and collect benefits from the gov but dont work.)
      But back to this point, I've heard of of some Indians not getting along with Pakistani's so maybe there is a reason behind it. Some of it petty, some of it serious. I forgot what my friend mentioned, but she just didn't like the French people who lived in Italy..maybe they acted funky or something.

My friend Jay who is in the Navy told me once he traveled to France and went to a bar, and they basically snarled at him all night and kept saying "Get out of here Yankee" all this anti-American stuff.

Ghanians and Nigerians are always at each other too, but mostly for status. Lol the other day on Twitter, there was a war about who made the better Jollof rice (a popular African dish) and I'm like wtf? >.> It's a lot of petty stuff like that with them.
      Last edited by Rudy; 04-27-2015, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
        But back to this point, I've heard of of some Indians not getting along with Pakistani's so maybe there is a reason behind it. Some of it petty, some of it serious. I forgot what my friend mentioned, but she just didn't like the French people who lived in Italy..maybe they acted funky or something.

My friend Jay who is in the Navy told me once he traveled to France and went to a bar, and they basically snarled at him all night and kept saying "Get out of here Yankee" all this anti-American stuff.

Ghanians and Nigerians are always at each other too, but mostly for status. Lol the other day on Twitter, there was a war about who made the better Jollof rice (a popular African dish) and I'm like wtf? >.> It's a lot of petty stuff like that with them.
        Im pretty sure most of its really dumb petty stuff from back when all of those countries where part of the same empires/ countries and now they have the same culture in two countries so they just argue about who does it better.

With Indians and Pakistanis they were the same country like 60 years ago before England gave the muslims their own country out of a section of India near where my familys from. A lot of people got screwed out of their lands and stuff like that when the split happened. Not really sure how it affects my mom though since her family never really had much.
        "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
        - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• People who live in close proximity tend to focus on the minute differences between them, rather than numerous similarities. So their quarrels are mainly petty in nature.
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
            People who live in close proximity tend to focus on the minute differences between them, rather than numerous similarities. So their quarrels are mainly petty in nature.
            psychology **** imo

Comment

• I gotta stop saying that lol, I can't though

Comment

psychology **** imo
                basically tbh
                My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• This thread sucks.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                    People who live in close proximity tend to focus on the minute differences between them, rather than numerous similarities. So their quarrels are mainly petty in nature.

Thank god it's not like that on message boards where everyone is rooting for the same team.
                    Last edited by Sarcasman; 04-27-2015, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Im pretty sure most of its really dumb petty stuff from back when all of those countries where part of the same empires/ countries and now they have the same culture in two countries so they just argue about who does it better.

With Indians and Pakistanis they were the same country like 60 years ago before England gave the muslims their own country out of a section of India near where my familys from. A lot of people got screwed out of their lands and stuff like that when the split happened. Not really sure how it affects my mom though since her family never really had much.
                      Wouldn't it be great if they could create a common enemy that they could all hate like they do in the middle east?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                        Wouldn't it be great if they could create a common enemy that they could all hate like they do in the middle east?
                        What is your real name

Comment

I just PMd you back
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• You two gonna make out?

Comment

• It's raining. and hot like a..........!
                              1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                                What is your real name

Comment

Working...
                                X