Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I think it's pretty ironic how you get on guru and I for not listening to more KRS-1, Nas, all of those old heads you love who used to rap about this sort of injustice happening on the streets and in their projects. You love to rock to the music, but your ideologies suggest otherwise.

Not all cops are bad, but the bad ones need to be punished.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
      THANK YOU.

How the hell are they to know he was a crack dealer and a coke dealer when they approached him?
      I dont know how either of you take that from what Im saying.

We dont know why he was stopped yet. Cops most likely recognized him from previous arrests.

Comment

And I think it's pretty ironic how you get on guru and I for not listening to more KRS-1, Nas, all of those old heads you love who used to rap about this sort of injustice happening on the streets and in their projects. You love to rock to the music, but your ideologies suggest otherwise.

bad argument. my selection in entertainment doesn't HAVE to reflect my social values. I love hip-hop, but don't have to have a definitive stance on social injustices really.

not saying youre wrong, but, it's prob not the right argument to make.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• except the part about how bad cops should be punished accordingly. I think we can all agree on that.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

And I think it's pretty ironic how you get on guru and I for not listening to more KRS-1, Nas, all of those old heads you love who used to rap about this sort of injustice happening on the streets and in their projects. You love to rock to the music but somehow still support bad cops.

Agreed 100% bad ones should be punished. Not really big into KRS for that reason actually. But you know whos also bad? Most of these people that have been killed, then people act like theyre saints and it happened because of their skin color without any evidence to back it up. Just as many white people were killed by cops last year, dont hear anything about it.
            Last edited by dezzzR; 04-28-2015, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              cops are precogs, you didn't know?!?!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                Agreed 100% bad ones should be punished. Not really big into KRS for that reason actually. But you know whos also bad? Most of these people that have been killed, then people act like theyre saints and it happened because of their skin color without any evidence to back it up. Just as many white people were killed by cops last year, dont hear anything about it.
                You
                Are
                Missing
                The
                Point

If you do something bad and get arrested, ok. NOBODY IS PROTESTING OVER THAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                  bad argument. my selection in entertainment doesn't HAVE to reflect my social values. I love hip-hop, but don't have to have a definitive stance on social injustices really.

not saying youre wrong, but, it's prob not the right argument to make.
                  I see what you're saying but we are always told that we need to listen to "real music"
                  What makes it real? The **** that they are rapping about actually happens.

So it's cool and dope to listen to, but when the **** they rap about actually happens then it's a different story.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    How many unarmed white people were killed by cops last year vs. unarmed black people?

Comment

How many unarmed white people were killed by cops last year vs. unarmed black people?
                      Here you go.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...whites-blacks/

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...about-shootin/
                      1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

• They don't mention Puertorricans being shot. I am safe then.....
                        1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

You
                          Are
                          Missing
                          The
                          Point

If you do something bad and get arrested, ok. NOBODY IS PROTESTING OVER THAT.
                          I disagree, many of them say they feel white cops are suppressing them.
                          But over 60% of Balt is Black. I bet their police force has many minority officers just like NYC does.
                          Why isnt it a story when a black cop kills an unarmed black teen?

Comment

My brother was arrested once before.

Does that give a cop a right to break his spine or shoot hit 8 times? Be honest.

Just because you have a rap sheet doesn't mean you deserve to die.
                            No, but if your brother is stupid enough challenge the police to a race, the chance of him being seriously hurt through, key word, "excess" force is going to rise substantially.
                            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

This is a good article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...d9e_story.html
                              sigpic

Comment

• Both of these numbers are faulty and it suggests so in both articles.

Comment

Working...
                                X