This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
    Outkast did not rap about getting crunk, oh my God man wtf......

trap music and crunk music did not originate from 2 Live Crew. Geto Boys was a great rap group, and the fact you think they started this whole trend of crunk music is really sad. You really need to brush up on hip hop history and i'm not trying to offend.

Lil Jon', Ludacris, all of those ATL rappers from 2005-2007 started that. Ludacris wasn't the only one, but you cannot deny he played a major part. Yet, you trash rappers today for doing the same **** Luda was doing.

My problem isn't that you don't like today's mainstream rappers because I don't either for the most part. My problem Is when you automatically assume they are trash because they don't flow like NY rappers. Not all of the songs I post are about turning up and getting high but you automatically write it off because it doesn't sound "authentic." That's nuts, you're missing out on a lot of great music that way. I'm not linking you to Young Jeezy and Soulja Boy.
    Typical rudy fashion, you change the whole argument. I cant with you....

Comment

• Lifestyles Ov Da Poor & Dangerous = Classic Album

One Of The Best East Coast Albums From The 90's.

"A-yo I'm serious I'm not the type to joke a lot
      Dressed in all black never seen in polka dots"
      New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Typical rudy fashion, you change the whole argument. I cant with you....
        So no comeback? I was right!
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Youre saying he made southern rap big and everyone copied him. I highly disagree. I dont put him a lil jon in the same category. I dont even know if there is a category for Lil jon.

Comment

Do you listen to BCC?
            New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Antwuan View Post
              Do you listen to BCC?
              Bootcamp? no she doesnt. She claimed she liked them, then I put a few sean p songs and she said it was bad.

They're good.

Comment

Youre saying he made southern rap big and everyone copied him. I highly disagree. I dont put him a lil jon in the same category. I dont even know if there is a category for Lil jon.
                She said he created the style basically every single guy you hate uses
                "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                  She said he created the style basically every single guy you hate uses
                  Isnt that what I just said....and i dont think any of them sound like Luda, so again, I disagree.

Comment

No i'm not. Read Dez to understand Dez, not to respond.

I said the same southern rapper who you like, is the same rapper who introduced this thug/trap lifestyle you always complain about. Your views are not consistent at all. That's like me saying I hate rappers who always rap about having it hard, but then say I like 2Pac and Biggie.

And I also don't get the flow argument. Not every rapper is going to sound the same, and just because they don't flow on beat (even though they are) doesn't mean they suck. At least to me. That's not very opened minded.
                    Last edited by Rudy; 05-16-2015, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• But I understand, if that's what makes a good rapper to you, then that's fine. We all have our preferences. I just don't think that if someone doesn't flow like Big L or Biggie that they are trash or suck. Some do, but some definitely don't.

Comment

But I understand, if that's what makes a good rapper to you, then that's fine. We all have our preferences. I just don't think that if someone doesn't flow like Big L or Biggie that they are trash or suck. Some do, but some definitely don't.
                        never said that....lol

Comment

never said that....lol
                          Yes you did.

Comment

No i'm not. Read Dez to understand Dez, not to respond.

I said the same southern rapper who you like, is the same rapper who introduced this thug/trap lifestyle you always complain about.
                            Thats exactly what I just said. Jeezzus.

Comment

Yes you did.
                              When, where?

Comment

Thats exactly what I just said. Jeezzus.
                                Ok. You didn't, but ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X