• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Ya welcome.
    You work at Chipotle now? Moving on up
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      hmm....I've always assumed that just meant the person hated me. And I'm all like "Join the club, ****face!!"
      I dont understand why people who dont know the speed limit think it makes sense for them to be in the left lane. I was on the highway a couple days ago and there was this girl in the left lane doing the speed limit forcing everyone to go around her. Its not like there was anyone in front of her either, the next car was a solid 3-4 miles up. For context the the limits about 60 mph and the un written rule is 70.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vic Vinegar View Post
        I dont understand why people who dont know the speed limit think it makes sense for them to be in the left lane. I was on the highway a couple days ago and there was this girl in the left lane doing the speed limit forcing everyone to go around her. Its not like there was anyone in front of her either, the next car was a solid 3-4 miles up. For context the the limits about 60 mph and the un written rule is 70.
        THAT **** PISSES ME OFF
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Nobody seems to know that. It's not like they teach it here lol
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Also, it's not applicable to anything not considered a highway really, so.....people who dont have to drive at high speed roads wouldnt really care.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              Nobody seems to know that. It's not like they teach it here lol
              Usually when they're teaching you they keep you in the right lane unless you need to turn left. I also always thought it was common knowledge that the left lane was the fast lane though.

I like how some states have a law that you're only supposed to be in the left if you're passing. Too many people around here that just camp in it.

Comment

Usually when they're teaching you they keep you in the right lane unless you need to turn left. I also always thought it was common knowledge that the left lane was the fast lane though.

I like how some states have a law that you're only supposed to be in the left if you're passing. Too many people around here that just camp in it.
                Yeah, I feel like that's common knowledge as well.

Comment

• Caught up on The Blacklist

good sheet imfo

Comment

I believe it is a law in NY. In fact we have a law that says if you see police lights, you HAVE to pull to the far right lane or you could be ticketed.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Ok, I don't drive, so explain why they would call it a speed limit if you are supposed to go faster than it. Wouldn't it then be a speed suggestion?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                        Ok, I don't drive, so explain why they would call it a speed limit if you are supposed to go faster than it. Wouldn't it then be a speed suggestion?

Theoretically, yes but I think his objection was more about someone blocking the passing lane by only doing the speed limit. And regardless of the limit, one doesn't get to dictate what speed others go by blocking the passing lane.

Comment

no it would then be a misnomer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                            Theoretically, yes but I think his objection was more about someone blocking the passing lane by only doing the speed limit. And regardless of the limit, one doesn't get to dictate what speed others go by blocking the passing lane.
                            Or looked at it a different way, they are doing their civic duty by preventing others from breaking the law.

Comment

Or looked at it a different way, they are doing their civic duty by preventing others from breaking the law.
                              as you said you dont drive, you clearly dont know how the roads work.

It disrupts the flow of traffic because traditionally thats the lane thats moving fastst, because of her you have people moving to the centre lane and then back to the left on a busy highway while going extremely fast increasing the chances of an accident. Its actually really dangerous.
                              Last edited by Vic Vinegar; 06-10-2015, 01:14 AM.

Comment

errr...that's not how it works.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X