Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Vic Vinegar View Post
    as you said you dont drive, you clearly dont know how the roads work.

    It disrupts the flow of traffic because traditionally thats the lane thats moving fastst, because of her you have people moving to the centre lane and then back to the left on a busy highway while going extremely fast increasing the chances of an accident. Its actually really dangerous.
    Hmmm...is it the driver doing the speed "limit" causing the problem or the people that want to exceed it? If they followed the law, why would they need to move into the center lane to get around somebody also following the law?

    Not denying that you are correct that is how the roads DO work, but should they work that way? It makes very little sense.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jmike View Post
      Hmmm...is it the driver doing the speed "limit" causing the problem or the people that want to exceed it? If they followed the law, why would they need to move into the center lane to get around somebody also following the law?

      Not denying that you are correct that is how the roads DO work, but should they work that way? It makes very little sense.
      It makes perfect sense. It's much more dangerous to have 1 person impacting the flow of all traffic in a 2-3 lane road, then having 15 people going 5-10mph over the suggested speed limit.
      We aren't talking about 30mph streets btw....we're talking major roadways where 55+mph is the norm.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

      It's too bad, I'm too good....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        It makes perfect sense. It's much more dangerous to have 1 person impacting the flow of all traffic in a 2-3 lane road, then having 15 people going 5-10mph over the suggested speed limit.
        We aren't talking about 30mph streets btw....we're talking major roadways where 55+mph is the norm.
        See this is one of the reasons why I don't drive, the whole mindset of the average driver makes little sense. "I want to break the law and speed and you need to get out of my way you law abiding citizen, you'll cause an accident!" And somehow they rationalize this into making sense. It is the same as the idiots on bikes who think the traffic laws don't apply to them and it is the person crossing the street (in the crosswalk with the light) fault when they hit them, or the drivers fault for knocking them off their bike when they blow through a red light.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jmike View Post
          See this is one of the reasons why I don't drive, the whole mindset of the average driver makes little sense. "I want to break the law and speed and you need to get out of my way you law abiding citizen, you'll cause an accident!" And somehow they rationalize this into making sense. It is the same as the idiots on bikes who think the traffic laws don't apply to them and it is the person crossing the street (in the crosswalk with the light) fault when they hit them, or the drivers fault for knocking them off their bike when they blow through a red light.
          I disagree with the comparison. These cyclists think they can go anywhere they want. They're so careless its scary. Last year I was pulling up to stop sign at an intersection and 5 cyclyist whip around the corner into my lane (on coming traffic) and they tried yelling at me like it was my fault.

          I cant imagine not having a car. Relying on other people for transportation sucks.
          Regarding the left lane, most people know its the fast lane. I hardly think going 10 mph over the speed limit is breaking the law and putting lives in danger.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
            I disagree with the comparison. These cyclists think they can go anywhere they want. They're so careless its scary. Last year I was pulling up to stop sign at an intersection and 5 cyclyist whip around the corner into my lane (on coming traffic) and they tried yelling at me like it was my fault.

            I cant imagine not having a car. Relying on other people for transportation sucks.
            Regarding the left lane, most people know its the fast lane. I hardly think going 10 mph over the speed limit is breaking the law and putting lives in danger.
            Agree on all points.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

            It's too bad, I'm too good....

            Comment


            • Right lane = turning lane because that's where all the exits would be. Left lane is for the standard flow of traffic. Even if you've never driven in your life, the logic is there.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

              It's too bad, I'm too good....

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                Hmmm...is it the driver doing the speed "limit" causing the problem or the people that want to exceed it? If they followed the law, why would they need to move into the center lane to get around somebody also following the law?

                Not denying that you are correct that is how the roads DO work, but should they work that way? It makes very little sense.
                If theres three lanes shes perfectly capable of staying to the far right when she gets on the highway where she can drive slowly and no one bats an eye. Were talking about a person who goes out of their way to disrupt the flow of traffic making everyone elses commutes tougher.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                  I disagree with the comparison. These cyclists think they can go anywhere they want. They're so careless its scary.
                  So are people who speed. You are using the same rationalization the cyclists are, but carry on with your self delusion. There is no win for me here, I won't change the world on a football message board.

                  Relying on other people for transportation sucks.
                  Who said I rely on other people for transportation? I have feet and when I have to go far in less time than it takes to walk there, busses and trains are available. So are taxis if I am in a particular hurry.

                  Comment


                  • I dont think this fella would surive in the Detriot metro area. The speed limits 70 and you will get tailgated in the right lane in most parts if your doing 75

                    Comment


                    • Top of the morning, or whatever.
                      Mood: WOOF!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                        So are people who speed. You are using the same rationalization the cyclists are, but carry on with your self delusion. There is no win for me here, I won't change the world on a football message board.



                        Who said I rely on other people for transportation? I have feet and when I have to go far in less time than it takes to walk there, busses and trains are available. So are taxis if I am in a particular hurry.
                        lol what's with the fightin words??
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

                        It's too bad, I'm too good....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                          Top of the morning, or whatever.
                          blaqirish?
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

                          It's too bad, I'm too good....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            blaqirish?
                            I would love to be blaqirish
                            Mood: WOOF!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                              Top of the morning, or whatever.
                              Top of da mornin.

                              Now say it like its all one word and stress the r.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                                Top of da mornin.

                                Now say it like its all one word and stress the r.
                                No. Bye.
                                Mood: WOOF!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X