This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    One of my dogs we rescued from a high kill shelter. Tizzie the pitbull is the biggest mush of all time.

I'm definitely a huge advocate of rescuing.
    I have a cat and a dog, both rescues. Dog is a lab mix, we think with beagle or something similar. Small for a lab. Great dog, dumb as a rock, but the sweetest little guy you will ever meet. I had to put a short fence along my roof edge so he wouldn't follow the birds off the roof.

Comment

haha. my lab barks at everyone.....
      Until they come close and then she's super friendly and just wants attention.

She tries to be protective by barking, but shes a scaredy-cat
      Same with Tuck. If he doesnt know you hell take a big leap, get in his "what up" stance, angrily bark 3-4 times, drop his guard and run up to you expecting some loving after he just scared the **** out of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        My sisters thinking about a rescue but I feel like you dont know anything about them and Iv herd horror stories. I feel like if you know a breeder like Byron, who we all know loves his pups and does everything in his power to take good care of them, will be straight with you. Let you know if the parents had any issues or something....
        But it is nice to rescue some of them, they need homes too..
        obviously about Byron....

but rescuing IS super important!! You wouldn't get a dog without seeing him or her first obviously....but if you get papers for them, and know they are at least THAT healthy, it's all about the dog's demeanor, and how the person treats dogs. when my sister got Tizzie, Tizz was facing the other way when she went to the shelter, she whispered her over, Tizz sniffed her a little bit, sat down, and just put her head between my sister's knees to continue getting pet. and then just laid down eventually next to wear Maura was crouched down.

ADOPT & RESCUE, YOU HEARTLESS SAVAGES!!!! These dogs didn't ASK to be abandoned!!!
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

ADOPT & RESCUE, YOU HEARTLESS SAVAGES!!!! These dogs didn't ASK to be abandoned!!!
          agreed

Comment

Same with Tuck. If he doesnt know you hell take a big leap, get in his "what up" stance, angrily bark 3-4 times, drop his guard and run up to you expecting some loving after he just scared the **** out of you.
            haha...yea Ella is a tad undersized, so she's not scaring anyone. Does Tuck do that thing where the hair on the middle of his back and up to his head stands up so he's trying to make himself look bigger?
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

haha...yea Ella is a tad undersized, so she's not scaring anyone. Does Tuck do that thing where the hair on the middle of his back and up to his head stands up so he's trying to make himself look bigger?
              lol yes. we were at a lake and ironically a guy with a black lab came a few hours after we were there. The dog wasnt well trained and he came running up to my mom. Tuck saw him running towards her and he got in between them and just keep barking in his stance with the hair up. Dog stopped dead in his tracks, waited a sec then tried to take another step and Tuck did the leap thing and snarled, dog ran away. I never seen him do the before or again.
              He loves his momma.

Comment

lol yes. we were at a lake and ironically a guy with a black lab came a few hours after we were there. The dog wasnt well trained and he came running up to my mom. Tuck saw him running towards her and he got in between them and just keep barking in his stance with the hair up. Dog stopped dead in his tracks, waited a sec then tried to take another step and Tuck did the leap thing and snarled, dog ran away. I never seen him do the before or again.
                He loves his momma.
                d'aaawwwwwwww
                my friends just got a black lab about 2 months, ago, shes still in that crazy puppy phase. I brough Ella over for a bbq a few weeks ago, and she was NOT HAVING the psycho puppy show(even though that's how Ella acts with Tizzie usually). So the other dog (Piper) was jumping up on her trying to play and stuff, and Ella was just kinda backing away. So I kept telling Ella "go get her!! get her!!" etc, and eventually she started to get territorial. she wouldn't do anything, but she growled and acted like she was protecting my legs from the evil puppy lol.
                idk....she's not around enough OTHER dogs to really know how to fight back if she's being bothered. she just kind of hides....
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

My sisters thinking about a rescue but I feel like you dont know anything about them and Iv herd horror stories. I feel like if you know a breeder like Byron, who we all know loves his pups and does everything in his power to take good care of them, will be straight with you. Let you know if the parents had any issues or something....
                  But it is nice to rescue some of them, they need homes too..
                  I know the guy and he absolutely loves his dog. He paid a lot of money for him because of the bloodline. He also isn't too greedy when it comes to selling the dogs. His dog isn't one of the biggest I've seen.

Last time he had pups I was gonna have to keep it at my dads yard for a month or two since we were selling the house and he wouldn't sell him to me because of it.

Comment

• Charlie >

Comment

• Originally posted by Vic Vinegar View Post
                      I know the guy and he absolutely loves his dog. He paid a lot of money for him because of the bloodline. He also isn't too greedy when it comes to selling the dogs. His dog isn't one of the biggest I've seen.

Last time he had pups I was gonna have to keep it at my dads yard for a month or two since we were selling the house and he wouldn't sell him to me because of it.
                      I'm more concerned about the overall health of the dogs to be honest.
                      My dad gets purebred Bull Mastiffs, which are amazing dogs....but they have a lot of issues from breeding, and its heartbreaking because they end up not living very long because of it.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

d'aaawwwwwwww
                        my friends just got a black lab about 2 months, ago, shes still in that crazy puppy phase. I brough Ella over for a bbq a few weeks ago, and she was NOT HAVING the psycho puppy show(even though that's how Ella acts with Tizzie usually). So the other dog (Piper) was jumping up on her trying to play and stuff, and Ella was just kinda backing away. So I kept telling Ella "go get her!! get her!!" etc, and eventually she started to get territorial. she wouldn't do anything, but she growled and acted like she was protecting my legs from the evil puppy lol.
                        idk....she's not around enough OTHER dogs to really know how to fight back if she's being bothered. she just kind of hides....
                        Yea Tucks really weird around dogs sometimes too. Sometimes he acts wacky like hes a puppy, other times he could care less and other times hes kind of on guard like Ella was, unless of course theyre females.
                        Hes a big baby though, all bark.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vic Vinegar View Post

Yea some breeders are really strict and want to know your plans for the first few months. I knew a guy that was moving within the month he was buying a new dog and the breeder wouldnt sell because they thought the dog should be a in a familiar setting for the first few months.

Comment

Yea some breeders are really strict and want to know your plans for the first few months. I knew a guy that was moving within the month he was buying a new dog and the breeder wouldnt sell because they thought the dog should be a in a familiar setting for the first few months.
                            We do that Dezz.... we don't want to see a puppy leave here to life in a crate for 8 hours a day......Idk man I feel a lot of responsibility for these pups... It would absolutely kill me to find out we placed a dog in an abusive situation....

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                              We do that Dezz.... we don't want to see a puppy leave here to life in a crate for 8 hours a day......Idk man I feel a lot of responsibility for these pups... It would absolutely kill me to find out we placed a dog in an abusive situation....
                              I hear you B.

Hows it going?

Comment

I'm more concerned about the overall health of the dogs to be honest.
                                My dad gets purebred Bull Mastiffs, which are amazing dogs....but they have a lot of issues from breeding, and its heartbreaking because they end up not living very long because of it.
                                I don't think there are too many problems with Dobermans. I really want a bulldog but the amount of illnesses they have is unreal.

Comment

Working...
                                X