Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As it relates to the New York Giants, Smoot had quite a few interesting takes. Asked who was the toughest player he ever had to tackle, Smooth didn't hesitate with his answer.

"Brandon Jacobs legitimately hurt me," Smoot wrote.

But Jacobs wasn't the only Giants player Smoot had trouble with. And while he gives Randy Moss the nod for being the best wide receiver he ever covered, he also admits to having some serious battles — physically and verbally — with Plaxico Burress.

"I always had issues with Plaxico. We loved to talk s–t to each other," Smoot wrote, admitting he learned names of ex-girlfriends and dead pets of his opponents so he could use it against them on the field. "(Plax) hated me."

Still, neither Moss nor Burress were the hardest players to read, according to Smoot. Rather, that distinction went to Giants quarterback Eli Manning, who he referred to as "great."

"Not a wide receiver, but Eli had no tells. Dude just has no emotion," Smoot wrote. "Great quarterback."

Reddit AMA's with former athletes, particularly NFL athletes, are always interesting. And in Smoot's case, he did not disappoint. As he was in his playing days, he spoke bluntly and honestly. Kudos to him for taking the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      It's the only way I can prove your Bank tricksters aren't screwing me! You see?!? the money is right there, printed on the paper in my passbook....that makes it real
      HA! Well, I wrote down that I only deposited $100 for you. NOT the $10,000. "THANKS FOR THE MONEY STUUUUPIIIIID!"

Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Ghad I miss BJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          As it relates to the New York Giants, Smoot had quite a few interesting takes. Asked who was the toughest player he ever had to tackle, Smooth didn't hesitate with his answer.

"Brandon Jacobs legitimately hurt me," Smoot wrote.

But Jacobs wasn't the only Giants player Smoot had trouble with. And while he gives Randy Moss the nod for being the best wide receiver he ever covered, he also admits to having some serious battles — physically and verbally — with Plaxico Burress.

"I always had issues with Plaxico. We loved to talk s–t to each other," Smoot wrote, admitting he learned names of ex-girlfriends and dead pets of his opponents so he could use it against them on the field. "(Plax) hated me."

Still, neither Moss nor Burress were the hardest players to read, according to Smoot. Rather, that distinction went to Giants quarterback Eli Manning, who he referred to as "great."

"Not a wide receiver, but Eli had no tells. Dude just has no emotion," Smoot wrote. "Great quarterback."

Reddit AMA's with former athletes, particularly NFL athletes, are always interesting. And in Smoot's case, he did not disappoint. As he was in his playing days, he spoke bluntly and honestly. Kudos to him for taking the time.
          good on him for being so honest. I like when players do AMAs. It's pretty cool.

That said, Smoot was garbage lol
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Ghad I miss BJ.
            When they announced he was coming back to help in '13....I totally marked the **** out....
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

Yea, I like it. I dont like the dead pets thing. Thats weak. I hope Plax annihilated him after that.

Comment

Yea the article said he was good. lol

Comment

Yea, I like it. I dont like the dead pets thing. Thats weak. I hope Plax annihilated him after that.
                  wut? -____-
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

HA! Well, I wrote down that I only deposited $100 for you. NOT the $10,000. "THANKS FOR THE MONEY STUUUUPIIIIID!"

ARRGH!!!! I keep falling for that!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                      It's too hot

Going to die
                      Be Safe Rudy.
                      New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

ARRGH!!!! I keep falling for that!!
                        There's a sucker born every minute.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

There's a sucker born every minute.
                          You told me I was guaranteed to never lose money!

Comment

You told me I was guaranteed to never lose money!
                            I've also told every one of my previous girlfriends that I loved them.
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Antwuan View Post
                              Can I get another one?
                              heres what you do antwaun.
                              You watch a game with her and because of the old age, dementia etc she's gonna fall asleep during the game. It will be at this point that you insert your penas into her ear. once you do that you're basically married
                              "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                              - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                                heres what you do antwaun.
                                You watch a game with her and because of the old age, dementia etc she's gonna fall asleep during the game. It will be at this point that you insert your penas into her ear. once you do that you're basically married
                                more or less

but she's gonna fall asleep because of stress from high school
                                My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Working...
                                X