This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    Philly is a gigantic ****ing dump. Worst I've ever seen.
    Well yeah. We can all agree Philly is pretty awful.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Philly is a gigantic ****ing dump. Worst I've ever seen.
      You need to visit more cities. Philly isn't great, but far from the worst. Detroit, New Orleans, Lawrence, Atlanta, Bridgeport, St. Louis, Oakland, Memphis, Birmingham, Baltimore, Stockton, Cleveland...to name a few

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
        No we can't

Comment

Last year I was on the Amtrack lines down to Baltimore, and the first half of Philly, they bring you through block after block of just vacant buildings. multiple streets of run down empty row houses. seemed to go on for miles. by the time you got to the "city" it was only a few blocks of normal looking areas, near U of Penn
          Last edited by JPizzack; 07-27-2015, 12:11 PM.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
            You need to visit more cities. Philly isn't great, but far from the worst. Detroit, New Orleans, Lawrence, Atlanta, Bridgeport, St. Louis, Oakland, Memphis, Birmingham, Baltimore, Stockton, Cleveland...to name a few
            I love Atlanta.
            Baltimore is much better than it was 15 yrs ago, I can say that much. It reminds me of Philly in that it's surrounded by terrible areas.
            The others I'm not too familiar with because I've never been to Cali. I've been to Cleveland, but I don't really remember it.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Last year I was on the Amtrack lines down to Baltimore, and the first half of Philly, they bring you through block after block of just vacant buildings. multiple streets of run down empty row houses. seemed to go on for miles. by the time you got to the "city" it was only a few blocks of normal looking areas, near U of Penn
              You are judging the city from your view from the train?

Comment

I love Atlanta.
                Baltimore is much better than it was 15 yrs ago, I can say that much. It reminds me of Philly in that it's surrounded by terrible areas.
                The others I'm not too familiar with because I've never been to Cali. I've been to Cleveland, but I don't really remember it.
                I lived in Atlanta and when you visit and when I first got there, thought it was nice. Doesn't take too long after living there to figure out it is a very dangerous place to live. You know I don't drive and I hate public transportation, so I walk through this city a lot and often at night as late as 3 or 4 am alone, usually around 1 or 2 though. I rarely have an issue. Philly isn't great and sometimes looks pretty bad, but it is not nearly as dangerous as many other cities.

Comment

You are judging the city from your view from the train?
                  Let me guess....youre from Philly....

I don't care, that city is a ****hole, and I'm sorry if that offends you. PA has more of the top 20 violent cities in the country than any other state.

edit - not county
                  Last edited by JPizzack; 07-27-2015, 12:46 PM.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

You know I don't drive and I hate public transportation,

Comment

no way. Philly is great.
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• New Orleans...now there's a freaking dump.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                          no way. Philly is great.
                          It's always sunny there, so it must be amazing.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            I've never been but my wife has been there many times for work. She says it's basically the worst place on earth.

Hot, dirty, disgusting and crime ridden.
                            Other than that it's fine.
                            Vouch. It's gross.

Comment

It's always sunny there, so it must be amazing.
                              Center City Philly is great. 19103 zip is wonderful. I could be there everyday. The outskirts, though, are pretty terrible, but I guess you can say that about any city. Anyway, I'm biased since I live so close and really enjoy getting out there. Rittenhouse Square is my happy place.
                              Last edited by gmen0820; 07-27-2015, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                                Center City Philly is great. 19103 zip is wonderful. I could be there everyday. The outskirts, though, are pretty terrible, but I guess you can say that about any city. Anyway, I'm biased since I love so close and really enjoy getting out there. Rittenhouse Square is my happy place.
                                Yea I was just gonna say that. Baltimore is the same way. Inner Harbor, Fells Point, Canton etc all really nice areas....the rest, not so much.
                                Atlanta is the same way
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X