This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
    Oh sorry, didn't know Bob Marley was the only reggae artist to ever exist ._.
    The only one that matters.

BTW...I do a mean one man "Redemption Song".
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

BTW...I do a mean one man "Redemption Song".
      I feel sorry for you then.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

1. I'm sure he does
        2.Depends who's doing it.
        3. Only if he's a complete moron
        4. Everybody likes Tom Petty
        5. How many times can anyone listen to "Jammin" and "I Shot The Sherrif" for God's sake?
        6.Given the MB filter I assume J**** means jock itch...and I'm sure he doesn't.
        Personally, "Is This Love?" is my favorite Bob Marley song.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

I know a lot of reggae fans won't believe this.....but the genre still wouldn't be a known thing if Bob Marley wasn't such a massive international success. So in that respect, he IS the only one that matters....
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            I know a lot of reggae fans won't believe this.....but the genre still wouldn't be a known thing if Bob Marley wasn't such a massive international success. So in that respect, he IS the only one that matters....
            No, he isn't. That logic doesn't even make sense.

Comment

• I'm in the Garden District now. Where the Manning's grew up.

Looks like hipster central.

Comment

No, he isn't. That logic doesn't even make sense.
                Can you elaborate? Because my point is pretty spot on as to why he's the only reggae artist that matters. Reggae isn't a popular music, so you can say whatever name you want on your opinion as to who is the "most important" or "only one that matters".....but guess what? It all leads back to Marley. The only one that matters.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                  No one actually lives in Detroit, and aside from gm there isn't any businesses in the city that people would need to get to. Suburban Detroit is really nice, Auburn Hills is probably one of the richest suburbs in the country.
                  Last census stated that 688,701 people live in Detroit. That was 2013, are you suggesting they all moved out since then? It is still rated the most populous city in Michigan. So if they all moved out and it is still the most populated city, does nobody live in Michigan now? Or did Canada expand and absorb it when no one was looking?

Comment

Comment

Can you elaborate? Because my point is pretty spot on as to why he's the only reggae artist that matters. Reggae isn't a popular music, so you can say whatever name you want on your opinion as to who is the "most important" or "only one that matters".....but guess what? It all leads back to Marley. The only one that matters.
                      I just don't see how it's reasonable to suggest that because he's the most popular reggae artist, that he's the only one that "matters." I see what you're saying, I just don't agree.

Comment

Please feel free. There's plenty wrong with me.

Comment

Please feel free. There's plenty wrong with me.
                          As demonstrated in this thread alone.

Comment

You could no BE more right. Reggae was just a local thing until Marley made it hip.

Comment

You could no BE more right. Reggae was just a local thing until Marley made it hip.
                              That does not mean (IMO) that he is the only one that matters. That's just dumb logic to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                                Last census stated that 688,701 people live in Detroit. That was 2013, are you suggesting they all moved out since then? It is still rated the most populous city in Michigan. So if they all moved out and it is still the most populated city, does nobody live in Michigan now? Or did Canada expand and absorb it when no one was looking?
                                For a major city like Detroit 600,000 people is literally nothing
                                "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                                - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

Working...
                                X