Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I mentioned that BRMC is a friggin great band?
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      I know a lot of reggae fans won't believe this.....but the genre still wouldn't be a known thing if Bob Marley wasn't such a massive international success. So in that respect, he IS the only one that matters....
      Makes a kind of sense. Others matter, but wouldn't if not for him. Would you say Neil Armstrong doesn't matter because the Wright brothers were the first to fly and if not for them there would be no space program? So the Wrights are the only ones that matter. Keep going back like that and the only person who really matters was the first person to use a wheel. Or harness fire. Without that bacteria that existed on this planet as it cooled, life would not have flourished here, so nobody matters but bacteria....and Bob Marley.

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
        For a major city like Detroit 600,000 people is literally nothing
        Boston is only 650,000.
        It's the metropolitan area that matters, not the population inside the city limits.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
          I just don't see how it's reasonable to suggest that because he's the most popular reggae artist, that he's the only one that "matters." I see what you're saying, I just don't agree.
          ok, I don't want to use the word popular to describe it....I want to say THE ACTUAL INFLUENCE.

Like, you'd literally have to be a reggae fan in order to name more than 2-3 reggae artists. lol

ok let me rephrase:
          Matters to YOU, or....matters to the entire music industry and music fans in general?
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
            For a major city like Detroit 600,000 people is literally nothing
            Do you know what "literally" and "nothing" mean?

Comment

ok, I don't want to use the word popular to describe it....I want to say THE ACTUAL INFLUENCE.

Like, you'd literally have to be a reggae fan in order to name more than 2-3 reggae artists. lol

ok let me rephrase:
              Matters to YOU, or....matters to the entire music industry and music fans in general?
              In terms of popularity, yes, you are correct. He's the most popular. Saying he's the only one that matters just disrespects many other great reggae artists.
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Have I mentioned that BRMC is a friggin great band?
                Yes, and I agree. I couldn't name a lot of their tracks, but I have their whole collection on a playlist and can easily listen to song after song.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

In terms of popularity, yes, you are correct. He's the most popular. Saying he's the only one that matters just disrespects many other great reggae artists.
                  we have to be politically correct and acknowledge everyone as "great"??? **** that....those people wouldn't be in music if Bob Marley wasn't THE ONLY ONE WHO MATTERS
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• That's like saying oh Michael Jordan made basketball super popular in the 90's, so he's the only that matters. That's just not true.

Comment

we have to be politically correct and acknowledge everyone as "great"??? **** that....those people wouldn't be in music if Bob Marley wasn't THE ONLY ONE WHO MATTERS
                      I didn't say that. I did not auggest you have to acknowledge other reggae artists not named Bob Marley as great. I'm saying your wording suggests that Bob Marley is the only one that matters, and the rest do not. All I'm saying is that's not true. Sheesh lol

Comment

That's like saying oh Michael Jordan made basketball super popular in the 90's, so he's the only that matters. That's just not true.
                        lol....welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllll

Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I didn't say that. I did not auggest you have to acknowledge other reggae artists not named Bob Marley as great. I'm saying your wording suggests that Bob Marley is the only one that matters, and the rest do not. Sheesh lol
                          you're right....it's strongly worded to give that impression......but, I still do feel that way lol
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

lol....welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllll

terrible

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              Boston is only 650,000.
                              It's the metropolitan area that matters, not the population inside the city limits.
                              I know that. The point I was trying to make is that Detroit proper isn't a reflection of the metro area of Detroit.
                              "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                              - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

you're right....it's strongly worded to give that impression......but, I still do feel that way lol
                                Turrible

Comment

Working...
                                X