This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
    Can you ****ing hurry up and get to mine?

Which one, love? I'm trying not to answer them all anymore...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      OK. I travel a lot, been to many, many cities, towns etc..all over the world.

About a decade or so ago I was drinking in some place in SF and got into an 'argument' with a girl from LA. She was telling me how LA was soon to become the new NY as the most important city in America. I told her that wasn't possible since LA wasn't even a city, let alone of the best ones in America.

This started a very long, animated discussion about what makes a city. The criteria is solely mine, it's completely subjective and since it's my system I have final say on all disagreements.

- A city needs a kind of center. Something central it doesn't have to be one place, but it can't be spread out all over southern California like LA. Same goes for places like Houston and Scottsdale.
      - Preferably you should be able to walk to **** in a city. Or cab. If you have to get in a car and drive 20 minutes.....
      - A city should have ethnic neighborhoods. A little Italy, a Chinatown, a slum where the irish live...that kind of thing.
      - A city can't roll up the sidewalks at 7pm because all the people have gone home and all the businesses have shut. That works in Dallas but that's precisely why it ain't a city.
      - A city should have a personality, even **** you is a personality, that's why Detroit is a city and Newport, RI isn't. Boring is not a personality.

As you might imagine, in my world there are very few cities in these United States. I'd be surprised if there's a dozen.

NY, Boston, SF, New Orleans, Chicago, Detroit, Philly, Las Vegas.....I'm running out....
      well that leaves out Hartford......
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        well that leaves out Hartford......

It does. But I still hope you get your Whalers back

Comment

It does. But I still hope you get your Whalers back
          From your lips to God's ears my friend.

Comment

Which one, love? I'm trying not to answer them all anymore...
            Idk I'm just teasing
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Connecticut is not a state

Comment

• T.A. is not a real person.

Comment

T.A. is not a real person.
                  Neither is Chris Cazalay

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                    Neither is Chris Cazalay
                    Real to a fault.

Comment

Real to a fault.
                      Mmmno

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                        New Jim Norton special on Netflix

brb
                        Jim Jefferies or gtfo....

I think I saw Jim Norton live locally about 7-8 yrs ago. Yes, I definitely did....
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

OK. I travel a lot, been to many, many cities, towns etc..all over the world.

About a decade or so ago I was drinking in some place in SF and got into an 'argument' with a girl from LA. She was telling me how LA was soon to become the new NY as the most important city in America. I told her that wasn't possible since LA wasn't even a city, let alone of the best ones in America.

This started a very long, animated discussion about what makes a city. The criteria is solely mine, it's completely subjective and since it's my system I have final say on all disagreements.

- A city needs a kind of center. Something central it doesn't have to be one place, but it can't be spread out all over southern California like LA. Same goes for places like Houston and Scottsdale.
                          - Preferably you should be able to walk to **** in a city. Or cab. If you have to get in a car and drive 20 minutes.....
                          - A city should have ethnic neighborhoods. A little Italy, a Chinatown, a slum where the irish live...that kind of thing.
                          - A city can't roll up the sidewalks at 7pm because all the people have gone home and all the businesses have shut. That works in Dallas but that's precisely why it ain't a city.
                          - A city should have a personality, even **** you is a personality, that's why Detroit is a city and Newport, RI isn't. Boring is not a personality.

As you might imagine, in my world there are very few cities in these United States. I'd be surprised if there's a dozen.

NY, Boston, SF, New Orleans, Chicago, Detroit, Philly, Las Vegas.....I'm running out....
                          All good points.
                          Interesting about Vegas though.....because Old Vegas is more city-like by your definition, but it's like a 15-20 min haul via cab from the strip.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

T.A. is not a real person.
                            Magnum T.A.??
                            Who is T.A.?
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                              Magnum T.A.??