This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    That's why I said it'd be an exception if it were something I wanted.
    What I was more or less getting at is that I don't follow trend. So many people get caught up in who is flying off the board. There's always the guy that takes a QB in the 1st round, and then people panic, and then the 2nd round is wasted on QBs. Or the guy who randomly takes a defense in the 7th round, when there are still so many starters left on the board. And then all these other people panic and start drafting defenses. It's soooooo stupid. Or maybe I should say "they" are so stupid...
    That is VERY true.

It's the funniest when one person picks a D/ST and then the rest panic and follow suit. That happened to me, and I left quality players on the board.
    I like your idea though. I don't really like following the Yahoo rankings or the trend people are picking.

Having said that, value is still an important piece to the puzzle.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-05-2015, 01:10 PM.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

BPA....all that matters to me. I don't draft with the way the draft patterns out. Exception would be if there's a QB I REALLY wanted. Like Someone who would go first 3 rounds.
      pretty much the way I do it ...I don't waste time doing mock drafts I study the players look at a few dif player rankings ....take what he draft gives me.....of coarse there are players I like and target so of coarse I try not go to early on them

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
        pretty much the way I do it ...I don't waste time doing mock drafts I study the players look at a few dif player rankings ....take what he draft gives me.....of coarse there are players I like and target so of coarse I try not go to early on them
        never understood mock drafting. Seems like a literal waste of time. It's never going to go the way you've seen prior, and you have to know to just react the way you planned.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

never understood mock drafting. Seems like a literal waste of time. It's never going to go the way you've seen prior, and you have to know to just react the way you planned.
          just gives you an idea, it's not supposed to be perfect.

Comment

totally agree..... just keeping up on the players and such is quite time consuming as it is and really all I want to do ...

Comment

totally agree..... just keeping up on the players and such is quite time consuming as it is and really all I want to do ...
              That's all I do really....I read enough, and have enough general knowledge of football to know the deal....
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                just gives you an idea, it's not supposed to be perfect.
                there are sites where you can look a mocks done by others to get an idea....then look at ADP #'s

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  Out of surgery. Doc says everything went well. Said there was even more damage than the x Ray showed. Said she had to be in more pain than she let on. Sandi is one tough cookie.
                  Good news, very glad to hear.

Comment

there are sites where you can look a mocks done by others to get an idea....then look at ADP #'s
                    I don't want to look at someone else's mock, I'd just rather do my own. I still look at ADP numbers but I tend to ignore those because players get injured and they still aren't adjusted.

Comment

• Also, I hope I pick around 3 or 4 this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                        I over think. Plus wr vs rb.....so much pressure.....cant even.
                        What's the scoring system of the league and how do the available players between rb and wr compare from a standard deviation pov?

jesus, now I'm talking like 820, tbqh imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                          What's the scoring system of the league and how do the available players between rb and wr compare from a standard deviation pov?

jesus, now I'm talking like 820, tbqh imo
                          820 with a little 420.

So, your new name is 1240.

Comment

BPA....all that matters to me. I don't draft with the way the draft patterns out. Exception would be if there's a QB I REALLY wanted. Like Someone who would go first 3 rounds.

In my league QB are completely over rated from a scoring perspective. If I can get a top 5 qb I grab one. It's a stupid league with stupid scoring that no one studies which is why I've won it all 2 out of the past 3 years

sarcasman, reads the league rules

Comment

Also, I hope I pick around 3 or 4 this year.
                              Really? I haven't done many snake mocks since I'm only doing auction drafts (with the exception of the GMB leagues), but I don't think I'd want to pick in that range. Your main options are Lacy (prone to injuries and ineffective/low usage stretches) , AD (old), Bell (suspended), Charles (old). Or you can take Antonio Brown, but WR is so deep, that you have to wonder if you're getting value at that point. Or, you can be a little more progressive and take Gronk, but you can probably do that a little later as well, and position yourself with a better second pick.
                              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

820 with a little 420.

So, your new name is 1240.
                                Sweet. imo

Comment

Working...
                                X