This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by byron View Post
    You like doing mock drafts nothing wrong with that ....for me mock drafting with a bunch of strangers tells me nothing much ... your league players are goanna draft different...
    Yeah, mock drafts are effective if you're drafting with a bunch of other people who do a boatload of mock drafts.

I don't find them to be very useful in sense other than to keep me pondering about strategy and players I like/dislike at their current ADPs. But now that I barely do snake drafts anymore, and mock auctions are incredibly inaccurate and a waste of time, I just avoid them altogether for the most part.

Plus, most of the time, the cpus take over for 50% of the mock draft, and defenses/kickers start going in the 6th round or so.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
      You like doing mock drafts nothing wrong with that ....for me mock drafting with a bunch of strangers tells me nothing much ... your league players are goanna draft different...
      Yup. Like I said, it's definitely not perfect, but it does give me an idea of player rankings and who is flying off the board and where.

It's not reliable. When you draft with different people with different draft strategies and agendas, you're going to get different results each time, so you aren't sure of how you drafted. Someone drafted ARodgers in the 2nd round for example and people were pissed because they know that would never happen in a real setting, and it just made the entire thing so unrealistic. You have bozo's like that.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• One day I'm going to break my nose when I fall face first into my desk as I fall asleep at work......it's going to be bloody.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          One day I'm going to break my nose when I fall face first into my desk as I fall asleep at work......it's going to be bloody.
          Alright

Comment

• Elsewhere in ailing RBs, LeSean McCoy has been limited by a toe injury at Bills camp: http://on.si.com/1MNeOMg

I feel like everyone is friggin' hurt this year

Comment

• McClain just got hurt. Don't know if it's serious. I hope not, Sheeesh
              1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
                McClain just got hurt. Don't know if it's serious. I hope not, Sheeesh
                Nah man, we gotta break more records!! Break the record for most players on IR!!!....which is held by us!!........which was previously held BY US!!
                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Nah man, we gotta break more records!! Break the record for most players on IR!!!....which is held by us!!........which was previously held BY US!!
                  What terrible coaching....

Comment

1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

There are some leagues where passing TDs are worth like 4 points, and the yardage bonuses suck, so it's near useless to draft one high....
                      This league pays a QB 6 for TD and a point for every 10 yards passing. That's ridiculous

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                        What terrible coaching....
                        Worst Trainer Ever

Comment

• "20 is steep"

Comment

• Tymezizhardyo.

Comment

• Linebacker Jameel McClain suffered a stinger in practice. Prince Amukamara has a groin injury, Weston Richburg has tendinitis in his knee, Nat Berhe has a calf injury and Ereck Flowers is still dealing with a hip flexor issue

Comment

• "....And after 1 on 1 drills, it appears dezzzR injured his vagina."

Comment

Working...
                                X