X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
    I think I have asthma now and it sucks and I want to die

Are you serious? That sucks but it's very manageable, my sister has asthma and they put her on this thing called advair diskus. It's like an inhaler but it's taken daily and not for acute attacks. It's a steroid for your lungs. If you use it as directed you will be good in no time.

Comment

• Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
      Are you serious? That sucks but it's very manageable, my sister has asthma and they put her on this thing called advair diskus. It's like an inhaler but it's taken daily and not for acute attacks. It's a steroid for your lungs. If you use it as directed you will be good in no time.
      My brother uses advair and he has an inhaler. He's had asthma since he was a baby. I've only had acute bronchitis, but it switched to asthma so now I carry around my inhaler at ALL times instead of only sometimes. I need to get prescribed inhalers and advair like my brother does, because it's pretty chronic now.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Does she take albuterol? We have a pulmo-aide.

Comment

Does she take albuterol? We have a pulmo-aide.
          She used to use albuterol but that's no good for you. It's outdated, she uses a ventolion inhaler for acute attacks. I think I recall that you are in college, her asthma got worse when she went to Penn State. All those dusty old buildings and all the germ spreading people does not help. She started law school at temple last week and that place is even worse for someone with asthma.

My advice is get put on a ventolion inhaler it's better for your heart and will still treat acute attacks

Try the advair diskus

Don't smoke

And pay closer attention to perfumes you use along with what type of cologne your BF may use these things can trigger attacks.

Comment

My brother uses advair and he has an inhaler. He's had asthma since he was a baby. I've only had acute bronchitis, but it switched to asthma so now I carry around my inhaler at ALL times instead of only sometimes. I need to get prescribed inhalers and advair like my brother does, because it's pretty chronic now.
            sorry to hear that Rudy I know what its like I use advair twice daily , Spiriva and albuterol if I need it copd sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
              sorry to hear that Rudy I know what its like I use advair twice daily , Spiriva and albuterol if I need it copd sucks
              Sorry B! We are in this together man. How bad is yours?

Comment

She used to use albuterol but that's no good for you. It's outdated, she uses a ventolion inhaler for acute attacks. I think I recall that you are in college, her asthma got worse when she went to Penn State. All those dusty old buildings and all the germ spreading people does not help. She started law school at temple last week and that place is even worse for someone with asthma.

My advice is get put on a ventolion inhaler it's better for your heart and will still treat acute attacks

Try the advair diskus

Don't smoke

And pay closer attention to perfumes you use along with what type of cologne your BF may use these things can trigger attacks.
                It's definitely gotten worse in college. I'm allergic to almost every tree, and there are tons of them around campus, so I'm constantly sneezing and getting post nasal drip. But now I don't even need a trigger, my lungs just get so tight and close up randomly. I'm just like ugh, this never used to happen. I'm afraid of taking an X-Ray, because I know it's gonna show how friggin' weak my bronchial tubes are now.

We have these new inhalers now, they are blue. I think they are the Ventolin ones like you said. They help me out a lot. I don't like taking albuterol because it makes me jittery and my heart races, so you're right about that. Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna make an appointment with the school clinic on Monday.

Comment

Sorry B! We are in this together man. How bad is yours?
                  I'm embarrassed to say I have emphysema major cause was from cig smoking.....my bad ....you take care of yourself Rudy and of coarse don't smoke......

Comment

I'm embarrassed to say I have emphysema major cause was from cig smoking.....my bad ....you take care of yourself Rudy and of coarse don't smoke......
                    Gotcha. We all make mistakes, although I don't smoke cigs, any type of smoke isn't good for the lungs. I'm going to take a break.

Comment

• Y
                      Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                      It's definitely gotten worse in college. I'm allergic to almost every tree, and there are tons of them around campus, so I'm constantly sneezing and getting post nasal drip. But now I don't even need a trigger, my lungs just get so tight and close up randomly. I'm just like ugh, this never used to happen. I'm afraid of taking an X-Ray, because I know it's gonna show how friggin' weak my bronchial tubes are now.

We have these new inhalers now, they are blue. I think they are the Ventolin ones like you said. They help me out a lot. I don't like taking albuterol because it makes me jittery and my heart races, so you're right about that. Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna make an appointment with the school clinic on Monday.
                      Yea the blue ones are ventolion, they probably have a counter on them so you know how much is left. The only other inhaler you should ask about is called symbicort. It's the new wave inhaler that is like a steroid/ ventolion. But good luck Rudy I hope you get this treated. I know from watching my sister it can effect your everyday life significantly.

Comment

Gotcha. We all make mistakes, although I don't smoke cigs, any type of smoke isn't good for the lungs. I'm going to take a break.
                        drink beer

Comment

drink beer
                          Marijuiana actually helps in some instances of acute asthma attacks because the THC has been proven to be an effective bronchodilator, which means it relaxes and widens these airways, allowing oxygen to flow freely through them. Again this is for acute attacks and the long term effects on your lungs are much worse so don't smoke weed. I'm not a doctor but I stayed at a holiday inn express last night.

Comment

Marijuiana actually helps in some instances of acute asthma attacks because the THC has been proven to be an effective bronchodilator, which means it relaxes and widens these airways, allowing oxygen to flow freely through them. Again this is for acute attacks and the long term effects on your lungs are much worse so don't smoke weed. I'm not a doctor but I stayed at a holiday inn express last night.
                            I didn't know that...yeah I don't do smoke any more ....good to see you PA .....

Comment

I didn't know that...yeah I don't do smoke any more ....good to see you PA .....
                              Good to see you too Byron how have you been?

Comment

Good to see you too Byron how have you been?
                                Doing ok... waiting for the football season to start , we started getting our fire wood in for the winter....How's things with you....

Comment

Working...
                                X