This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by byron View Post
    Doing ok... waiting for the football season to start , we started getting our fire wood in for the winter....How's things with you....
    I'm great actually just bought a home nothing special but at least I own it lol. Wow I didn't know you had to start collecting the wood this early. How much do you need to get through a winter?

Comment

• Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
      I'm great actually just bought a home nothing special but at least I own it lol. Wow I didn't know you had to start collecting the wood this early. How much do you need to get through a winter?
      That's great man its nice to own your own home my wife and I started out in a trailer while I built this place 30 years ago now....Small ranch 1200 sq.ft with a daylight basement all we need .....We burnt about 5 cords last year I've got at least 6 for this year I also installed a new wood hot air furnace this past spring we'll see whats happens ....5 cords is good through that's about a 1000.00 cut, split and delivered.....we heat for about 6 months beats the price of oil by 1/2 and we like wood heat ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
        trying to see if it's JMike lolol
        Yeah thats her imo

Comment

sorry to hear that Rudy I know what its like I use advair twice daily , Spiriva and albuterol if I need it copd sucks
          I take advair every morning. Low dose.

Very strange I never had issues until we moved upstate 15 years ago. My Dr says its brought on by allergies and she's almost never wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
            It's definitely gotten worse in college. I'm allergic to almost every tree, and there are tons of them around campus, so I'm constantly sneezing and getting post nasal drip. But now I don't even need a trigger, my lungs just get so tight and close up randomly. I'm just like ugh, this never used to happen. I'm afraid of taking an X-Ray, because I know it's gonna show how friggin' weak my bronchial tubes are now.

We have these new inhalers now, they are blue. I think they are the Ventolin ones like you said. They help me out a lot. I don't like taking albuterol because it makes me jittery and my heart races, so you're right about that. Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna make an appointment with the school clinic on Monday.
            Are you taking treatment for the nasal allergies, dear?

If not, look into it please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
              I take advair every morning. Low dose.

Very strange I never had issues until we moved upstate 15 years ago. My Dr says its brought on by allergies and she's almost never wrong.
              yeah I don't doubt that there are a lot of hay fields up here...the golden rod, milk weed and such has been thick plus the heat its been tough...We get into Sept the air will get better up here

Comment

yeah I don't doubt that there are a lot of hay fields up here...the golden rod, milk weed and such has been thick plus the heat its been tough...We get into Sept the air will get better up here
                I certainly hope so, B. It's been a tough one this year.

Comment

That's great man its nice to own your own home my wife and I started out in a trailer while I built this place 30 years ago now....Small ranch 1200 sq.ft with a daylight basement all we need .....We burnt about 5 cords last year I've got at least 6 for this year I also installed a new wood hot air furnace this past spring we'll see whats happens ....5 cords is good through that's about a 1000.00 cut, split and delivered.....we heat for about 6 months beats the price of oil by 1/2 and we like wood heat ....
                  Yes I hear you about the saving on heat. The place I bought has a pellet stove in it. It's a modern style log cabin. I've had my eye on it forever. If I knew how to upload pics I would post some pics of it.
                  Last edited by alentown pa; 08-23-2015, 06:30 PM. Reason: Grammae

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                    Are you taking treatment for the nasal allergies, dear?

If not, look into it please.
                    I am not
                    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Yes I hear you about the saving on heat. They place I bought has a pellet stove in it. It's a modern style log cabin. I've had my eye on it forever. If I knew how to upload pics I would post some pics of it.
                      sounds nice man.....pellet stoves are nice lot less work than wood is the cost is a little higher...buy them in the off season when the price is down...the stove needs electricity to work so a generator is a must up here two cover yourself for power outrageous....

Comment

Yes I hear you about the saving on heat. The place I bought has a pellet stove in it. It's a modern style log cabin. I've had my eye on it forever. If I knew how to upload pics I would post some pics of it.
                        Jealous, wish I had a log cabin in the woods. Can't find them around these parts though.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                          Jealous, wish I had a log cabin in the woods. Can't find them around these parts though.
                          The coolest thing about it Jenn is that is off set from the road but it's not really in a rural setting. I kind of get the best of both worlds.
                          Last edited by alentown pa; 08-23-2015, 10:40 PM.

Comment

sounds nice man.....pellet stoves are nice lot less work than wood is the cost is a little higher...buy them in the off season when the price is down...the stove needs electricity to work so a generator is a must up here two cover yourself for power outrageous....
                            Yea its gonna be so much cheaper. My wife's uncle recommended we get rid of it because of the possible dangers. I have a 14 month old daughter who is at the point where she does exactly what she is told not do. The stove is in the downstairs living room so I'm concerned she will mess with it. My wife just thinks I'm paranoid.
                            Last edited by alentown pa; 08-24-2015, 02:46 AM.

Comment

• On an unrelated note the show house of cards on Netflix is great. Check it out people
                              Last edited by alentown pa; 08-23-2015, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• You guys see there was a thread about how nassib should be the starter? Gotta love this site lmao

Comment

Working...
                                X