Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
    The viability of streaming QBs has ample empirical backing. Bradford will start as a streamer, but he'll most likely be a plug and play guy in Philly's offense.
    Nobody STREAMS QBs unless you have a league that completely devalues the QB position.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      Nobody STREAMS QBs unless you have a league that completely devalues the QB position.
      You'd be surprised how popular streaming has become. It's basically the same philosophy of streaming defenses. There's been too much evidence to support how replaceable QB points are through streaming.

      I usually don't own high-end QBs for that reason, but Luck is a luxury guy I wouldn't mind owning for a change. I have a **** ton of WR depth, so I can dangle a guy like Randall Cobb.

      Had I been thinner at WR -- i.e., if Eric Decker was my WR2 -- then I undoubtedly would roll with Bradford/Cobb over Luck/Martavis.
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
        You'd be surprised how popular streaming has become. It's basically the same philosophy of streaming defenses. There's been too much evidence to support how replaceable QB points are through streaming.

        I usually don't own high-end QBs for that reason, but Luck is a luxury guy I wouldn't mind owning for a change. I have a **** ton of WR depth, so I can dangle a guy like Randall Cobb.

        Had I been thinner at WR -- i.e., if Eric Decker was my WR2 -- then I undoubtedly would roll with Bradford/Cobb over Luck/Martavis.
        I get your point, but you can't rely on that. It really depends on how your draft pans out. like last night I thought I wasn't going to get one of the top tier QBs because Luck, Rodgers, Brees, etc went early. Had Wilson not slipped a little bit to my late 4th round spot, I would have probably done what youre referring to, but it banks SO much on whether or not my RBs and WRs are "elite"...like, if I had 4 guys that would be worthy of ADP in the first 2 rounds, yea, I prob wouldn't care who my QB was....but, more often than not that's not the case.

        I certainly have no problems dropping defenses and kickers whenever I need to though. They are useless unless for some reason they are AVERAGING 20 points a week for you(which would likely be unreal)
        Oderint Dum Metuant

        It's too bad, I'm too good....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          I get your point, but you can't rely on that. It really depends on how your draft pans out. like last night I thought I wasn't going to get one of the top tier QBs because Luck, Rodgers, Brees, etc went early. Had Wilson not slipped a little bit to my late 4th round spot, I would have probably done what youre referring to, but it banks SO much on whether or not my RBs and WRs are "elite"...like, if I had 4 guys that would be worthy of ADP in the first 2 rounds, yea, I prob wouldn't care who my QB was....but, more often than not that's not the case.

          I certainly have no problems dropping defenses and kickers whenever I need to though. They are useless unless for some reason they are AVERAGING 20 points a week for you(which would likely be unreal)
          At that point, it's already a toss-up. I don't argue with going Wilson at that point, though I think he differentiates himself most when you're in really modest QB scoring leagues. That's where his legs really set him apart.

          Then again, all the top-tier QBs -- Rodgers and Luck -- add that ground element. Not as much, but it still boosts their totals. I don't think Peyton or Brees are top-tier anymore. If you're gonna pay up for a QB, I think it's Rodgers, Luck, or don't even consider until round 8-on if you can't get Peyton/Brees/Wilson in the 5th-ish.
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
            At that point, it's already a toss-up. I don't argue with going Wilson at that point, though I think he differentiates himself most when you're in really modest QB scoring leagues. That's where his legs really set him apart.

            Then again, all the top-tier QBs -- Rodgers and Luck -- add that ground element. Not as much, but it still boosts their totals. I don't think Peyton or Brees are top-tier anymore. If you're gonna pay up for a QB, I think it's Rodgers, Luck, or don't even consider until round 8-on if you can't get Peyton/Brees/Wilson in the 5th-ish.
            Yea, and I don't even LIKE Wilson lol

            I still like Peyton and Brees this year, but I think Wilson is just more valuable because of ground bonuses etc.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

            It's too bad, I'm too good....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              Besides Russel Wilson, who would you guys take with a first pick of the draft in a PPR league.
              Maybe Brees'zes depends on the scoring system

              Comment



              • who wore it better?

                Comment


                • Ok, so yesterday my boss says "Whatever active projects you have going, finish today or dump on somebody else. I need you to get going on something that will dominate your time for the next 3 weeks. We'll discuss tomorrow." So I did exactly that, took all day to reassign the projects and get those taking them over up to speed, and then complete the few things I couldn't pawn off on somebody else or were almost done anyway. So I am in today with nothing on my desk to work on, ready to get going on whatever he has for me AND....my boss took today off. WTF

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                    Ok, so yesterday my boss says "Whatever active projects you have going, finish today or dump on somebody else. I need you to get going on something that will dominate your time for the next 3 weeks. We'll discuss tomorrow." So I did exactly that, took all day to reassign the projects and get those taking them over up to speed, and then complete the few things I couldn't pawn off on somebody else or were almost done anyway. So I am in today with nothing on my desk to work on, ready to get going on whatever he has for me AND....my boss took today off. WTF
                    Lmao
                    Mood: WOOF!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                      Ok, so yesterday my boss says "Whatever active projects you have going, finish today or dump on somebody else. I need you to get going on something that will dominate your time for the next 3 weeks. We'll discuss tomorrow." So I did exactly that, took all day to reassign the projects and get those taking them over up to speed, and then complete the few things I couldn't pawn off on somebody else or were almost done anyway. So I am in today with nothing on my desk to work on, ready to get going on whatever he has for me AND....my boss took today off. WTF
                      "When you look annoyed all the time, people think youre busy"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                        Ok, so yesterday my boss says "Whatever active projects you have going, finish today or dump on somebody else. I need you to get going on something that will dominate your time for the next 3 weeks. We'll discuss tomorrow." So I did exactly that, took all day to reassign the projects and get those taking them over up to speed, and then complete the few things I couldn't pawn off on somebody else or were almost done anyway. So I am in today with nothing on my desk to work on, ready to get going on whatever he has for me AND....my boss took today off. WTF
                        Right around now I wish I had that problem lol.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

                        It's too bad, I'm too good....

                        Comment


                        • Trent Richardson, what a mess.

                          Comment


                          • Judge Mathis is the best judge show. Dudes as cool as a cucumber.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                              Judge Mathis is the best judge show.
                              WELL that must be a long long list of award winning court television....

                              You say the dumbest things sometimes....
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

                              It's too bad, I'm too good....

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                WELL that must be a long long list of award winning court television....

                                You say the dumbest things sometimes....
                                Have you seen how many court shows that are on during the afternoon?

                                Hey, drop the elitist attitude, guy. I aint having none of dat.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X