This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    The same is true with Eli. You saw what the equiptment guys had to go through to get the balls to where he wanted.

You are assuming that Brady was asking them to deflate them below the requirement. It's just as possible (actually MORE possible because there were no texts or emails that suggested otherwise) that Tom wanted the balls at 12.5.
    Do the Giant staff tamper with the PSI?

McNally: You working
    Jastremski: Yup
    McNally: Nice dude....jimmy needs some kicks....lets make a deal.....come on help the deflator

McNally: Chill buddy im just ****in with you ....im not going to espn........yet
    Jastremski: I have a big needle for u this week
    McNally: Better be surrounded by cash and newkicks....or its a rugby sunday
    McNally: **** tom
    Jastremski: Maybe u will have some nice size 11s in ur locker
    McNally: Tom must really be working your balls hard this week
    McNally: The only thing deflating sun..is his passing rating

Brady: “You good Jonny boy?
    Brady: “You doing good?”
    Jastremski: “Still nervous; so far so good though”

and a few hours after the scandal broke.

Jastremski to Brady: Call me when you get a second

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Do the Giant staff tamper with the PSI?

McNally: You working
      Jastremski: Yup
      McNally: Nice dude....jimmy needs some kicks....lets make a deal.....come on help the deflator

McNally: Chill buddy im just ****in with you ....im not going to espn........yet
      Jastremski: I have a big needle for u this week
      McNally: Better be surrounded by cash and newkicks....or its a rugby sunday
      McNally: **** tom
      Jastremski: Maybe u will have some nice size 11s in ur locker
      McNally: Tom must really be working your balls hard this week
      McNally: The only thing deflating sun..is his passing rating

Brady: “You good Jonny boy?
      Brady: “You doing good?”
      Jastremski: “Still nervous; so far so good though”

and a few hours after the scandal broke.

Jastremski to Brady: Call me when you get a second
      So where is the evidence that Brady asked them to deflate the balls under 12.5?
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• When did you get so gullible? I expect this from Pizz. Not you.

Comment

When did you get so gullible? I expect this from Pizz. Not you.
          So....there isn't any. I assume that's what your deflection is suggesting.

Comment

• What I get from this ruling today is that it wasn't about Brady's guilt, innocence or even the evidence ....It all about the procedure that Goodell /Nfl used when they dished it out.....

From the report:

The Court finds that Brady had no notice that he could receive a four-game suspension for
            general awareness of ball deflation by others or participation in any scheme to deflate footballs,
            and non-cooperation with the ensuing Investigation. Brady also had no notice that his discipline
            would be the equivalent of the discipline imposed upon a player who used performance
            enhancing drugs.

Based on the "law of shop"
            It is the "law of the shop" to provide professional football players with (advance) notice of
            prohibited conduct and of potential discipline. ("Any disciplinary program requires that individuals subject to that program understand, with
            reasonable certainty, what results will occur if they breach established rules.").

the judge did not rule on guilt or innocence
            Last edited by byron; 09-03-2015, 06:20 PM.

Comment

So....there isn't any. I assume that's what your deflection is suggesting.
              Theres no deflection, read between the lines.

Comment

Theres no deflection, read between the lines.
                The bottom line is that you hate America and you believe that citizens can be deprived of their money and reputation without a fair and impartial process.
                And you also seem to believe that the 4th Amendment of the US Constitution is a load of crap.

Dezz hates America.

Comment

The bottom line is that you hate America and you believe that citizens can be deprived of their money and reputation without a fair and impartial process.
                  And you also seem to believe that the 4th Amendment of the US Constitution is a load of crap.

Dezz hates America.
                  If you owned your own business and believed someone was breaking your rules of the work place, dont you think you should be able to fire or suspend him or her? As vague as they may be those texts are proof in my personal opinion. Firing the two employees and paying the fine looks suspicious. Tom Brady lying at the press conference looks suspicious. Destroying the cell phone is suspicious. Dont you think so?

Probable cause!!!!!

Ima God damn Patriot, dont you forget it.

Comment

• Stfu Snorehead
                    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

If you owned your own business and believed someone was breaking your rules of the work place, dont you think you should be able to fire or suspend him or her? As vague as they may be those texts are proof in my personal opinion. Firing the two employees and paying the fine looks suspicious. Tom Brady lying at the press conference looks suspicious. Destroying the cell phone is suspicious. Dont you think so?

Probable cause!!!!!

Ima God damn Patriot, dont you forget it.
                      Probable Cause applies in matters of the state. Not investigations by private entities.....Like the NFL.
                      That's where you are losing your way. You are treating this like it's a police investigation. The NFL has no power to make anyone do anything.

Comment

Probable Cause applies in matters of the state. Not investigations by private entities.....Like the NFL.
                        That's where you are losing your way. You are treating this like it's a police investigation. The NFL has no power to make anyone do anything.
                        Wait.............You mean being accused of deflating footballs isn't a criminal offense??!?!?!
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

no Im treating this as if I were a business owner. I have the right to hire, fire, or suspend whoever I want especially if I suspect wrong doing.

One of many reason why unions suck. Those millionaires and their damn unions....its a joke.

Comment

no Im treating this as if I were a business owner. I have the right to hire, fire, or suspend whoever I want especially if I suspect wrong doing.

One of many reason why unions suck. Those millionaires and their damn unions....its a joke.
                            That's not how the NFL works. They aren't employees of the NFL. They are "independent contractors" for the players union. And union arguments aside, it's the way it HAS to be set up, because players are signed to independently owned teams. It just kind of reinforces the fact that they are not employees of the league.
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Not really actually. But that aside. The league doesn't hire or fire players. The team does. And I suspect the team isn't especially interested in firing Tom Brady.
                              Just a hunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                That's not how the NFL works. They aren't employees of the NFL. They are "independent contractors" for the players union. And union arguments aside, it's the way it HAS to be set up, because players are signed to independently owned teams. It just kind of reinforces the fact that they are not employees of the league.
                                Yea I know how it works. Its a ****ing joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X