X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
    Stfu Snorehead
    I knew you could say something funny if you kept at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Not really actually. But that aside. The league doesn't hire or fire players. The team does. And I suspect the team isn't especially interested in firing Tom Brady.
      Just a hunch.
      Of course they wont do ****.

The teams belong to the league, Rodger runs the league. It SHOULD be in his power, impho.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Yea I know how it works. Its a ****ing joke.
        How is it a joke? It's the only way for it to work. How can a player be a team employee and an NFL employee? If they were a league employee, they wouldn't even be able to negotiate their own contracts.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Of course they wont do ****.

The teams belong to the league, Rodger runs the league. It SHOULD be in his power, impho.
          I think you have a huge misconception of how professional sports leagues are set up....and that's ok Dezz....I still love you.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            How is it a joke? It's the only way for it to work. How can a player be a team employee and an NFL employee? If they were a league employee, they wouldn't even be able to negotiate their own contracts.
            The "joke" was the NFL spending $4MM on an investigation over a small matter, that should have been resolved with a letter to the team making them aware of it.
            Now they have egg on their face for it.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

The "joke" was the NFL spending $4MM on an investigation over a small matter, that should have been resolved with a letter to the team making them aware of it.
              Couldn't agree more. Well, I could agree more I guess, but...that'd be redundant.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I don't believe for a second that the two guys fired acted on their own without instructions to do so by somebody, Bill and Brady being the top suspects. Problem is, there is no evidence of either of them instructing them to do it. So you can't really punish anybody except the guys who did it and they don't seem willing to say who told them to do it. While I think the punishment was light for the infraction, I think the judge did the right thing because there is nothing specifically linking Brady. What if it was Bill, or the RBs coach? Would it be fair to stick Brady with the blame. As an expert in handling balls, Brady definitely knew it was happening, doesn't mean he was the one telling them to do it.

The team has been caught multiple times bending rules for their benefit and they have lost any benefit of doubt with me. Just like I don't believe the injury situation with the Giants is luck, I don't believe the lack of fumbling with the Patriots is luck either. Something is different, the deflated balls makes a lot of sense with the Pats, so I am inclined to believe that they have been doctoring balls for a while. Probably why they took their punishment and shut up. Brady shouldn't be the fall guy unless they can show he was the spearhead of it, they couldn't and I doubt he was, I think it was Bill.

Comment

It is my understanding that the league did send a letter and the Pats continued to do it. Might have had something to do with napoleon's overreaction.

Comment

"We know youre cheating, stop it.

Love,
                    Rodger"

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                      It is my understanding that the league did send a letter and the Pats continued to do it. Might have had something to do with napoleon's overreaction.
                      I believe you were misinformed.

Comment

I believe you were misinformed.
                        Actually, I am not. Though after checking, the letter was sent in January 2004 and so not related to this incident. I initially thought it was January 2014, so my recollection was a decade off.

http://nesn.com/2015/05/wells-report...per-footballs/

It seems emails were sent around between many league officials and a few other teams and not the Patriots prior to the "sting" operation set to catch them in the act.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                          Actually, I am not. Though after checking, the letter was sent in January 2004 and so not related to this incident. I initially thought it was January 2014, so my recollection was a decade off.

http://nesn.com/2015/05/wells-report...per-footballs/

It seems emails were sent around between many league officials and a few other teams and not the Patriots prior to the "sting" operation set to catch them in the act.
                          Um...What?

Comment

• Sting operation....lmao....

if that WERE true....what a bunch of self-important *******s lol
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Seems you are correct that I was misinformed. I recalled reading about a letter sent to the Patriots about under inflated balls, what I thought it said was January 2014. Though after your post I checked and saw that I was incorrect and it was January 2004, so it has nothing to do with this incident. Not really sure what you are confused by.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                Sting operation....lmao....

if that WERE true....what a bunch of self-important *******s lol
                                Wasn't sure what else to call it, since Mike Kensil went to the game to speak to the officials and also sent emails to Blandino and Riverson who brought the issue to Walt Anderson. Seems to me like they planned to let the Pats get the balls on the field and at some point in the game check the pressure. So call it whatever you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X