This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where were you 14 years ago today?
    I was in school walking into homeroom when I heard some say "A plane hit the WTC". I thought nothing of it, I thought it was a small prop plane. On my way to 3rd period I heard someone yelling another plan hit the towers. Then I knew immediately it was some kind of attack. The school let us out early and most us stood on the benches of the baseball field, we could see the smoke. I'll never forget standing there, all the emotions, mostly rage.
    My dad lost a few close friends from the PD and FD. You can tell theyre all on his mind today.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Was in third grade. Sitting in math class ready to go home. Then I noticed a lot of the students being pulled out of class, parents getting them early. I was so mad because I wanted to go home early too. My mom eventually comes and is all hysterical. She's like "The world trade has collapsed!!" Literally, I was like ".................ok." Did not even gaf. Not one. Then my mom was like "no a very big explosion happened and the towers are collapsing." She did not know at the time it was a terror attack. Then my dumbass says "well did they call the fire department?" asdfgghkkahauek. Anyway, we go home and turned on the TV, and that's when I was like "oh ****." And my mom was getting calls from everyone asking about my dad. Dad worked 2 blocks from the building. They all evacuated but he actually went back to grab his camera. He said he took another route to the bridge because it was faster. He said debris was everywhere and it was so many people. He said he couldn't get signal anywhere until he reached the bridge and this lne guy was talking on the phone in this one little tiny spot. My dad asked if he could stand there to make a phone call and the guy said yes. Calls my mom and others to say he's okay. He was able to ****ing drive home?? I don't know what the **** this man is made from but you were able to evacuate, walk 30 minutes to the bridge and then go back to get a car? Holy ****. Anyway he also drove his friend which was nice of him. When he got home, only his bottom pants and shoes were covered with debris.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Who is Deflated Balls?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Who is Deflated Balls?
          Ryan12 here on the gmb..... I believe dezz

Comment

• Where was I 14 years ago?
            I was a stock broker on Long Island, I remember someone saying "a plane hit the tower"
            I thought it was a small plane and must of been a pilot malfunction. But then watching the monitors I saw it was no small plane.
            I left work early in a daze, everyone on the road looked like zombies. Seeing the smoke in the sky was an awful feeling.
            I happen to work at the WTC and showed my respect for all that were lost this morning. To see all the grieving families, fire fighters was hard to see.
            We will NEVER forget...
            9/11/01

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
              Ryan12 here on the gmb..... I believe dezz
              Thanks B

Comment

• No prob Dez

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                  Where were you 14 years ago today?
                  I was in school walking into homeroom when I heard some say "A plane hit the WTC". I thought nothing of it, I thought it was a small prop plane. On my way to 3rd period I heard someone yelling another plan hit the towers. Then I knew immediately it was some kind of attack. The school let us out early and most us stood on the benches of the baseball field, we could see the smoke. I'll never forget standing there, all the emotions, mostly rage.
                  My dad lost a few close friends from the PD and FD. You can tell theyre all on his mind today.
                  I got a call from my brother in San Fran who worked East Coast hours saying that a plane hit the WTC, telling me to be careful. I also thought it was a small passenger plane. I got to the office and everyone was standing in front. I look up and there was a big smoking hole in one of the towers and that's when it hit me. A while later, you heard a rumble, people started running, and gray smoke/dust following them. That's when the first one fell. The police herded us onto the FDR and even from there you couldn't see anything as the air was pretty much soot. That's when the second one fell. I walked to the exit by Canal Street and walked home to my apartment on 14th street. I listened to emotional phone messages left by my brother and my parents and I started bawling like a baby.
                  http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                    K1 arrived today. My accountant is pissed because now he has to pul all this **** together and file me by the 15th.

I wish they'd send it earlier but I've got plans this weekend so I won't spend any time thinking about this.

Sarcasman, selfish *****
                    The personal extension deadline is October 15. You only need to file your corporations and partnerships by Tuesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                      The personal extension deadline is October 15. You only need to file your corporations and partnerships by Tuesday.
                      That's good news for him.

That may also explain why he wasn't hassling me over it.

Comment

• Ok but why is it raining
                        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          Im serious, I see him playing a handful of games this year and being extremely mediocre. Hope Im wrong. Then again I can see the Giants giving him ANOTHER chance next year. The guy hasnt had a good season since 11. What are we paying for?
                          I wish I could disagree with this....

Still for the last WR spot, it was worth the shot. He'll be week to week in danger of losing his roster spot to waiver trash.

Comment

• best homer post wins

Comment

• Gronk is bae

Comment

• Word to mother^

Comment

Working...
                                X