Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMO, the best definition of a hipster. Brought to you by Urban Dictionary lol

"Referring to young people of around 18-30 years of age, who drink cheap beer (most often Pabst Blue Ribbon, on occasion Budwiser), smoke Parliaments, Lucky Strikes or hard to obtain foreign cigarettes (such as Gauloises) and take recreational drugs, coke being the most popular. Use a great deal of sarcasm, claim to be ironic. Are usually less than 5% body fat, drink copious amounts of coffee and eat children's cereal. Listen to Indie Rock, rely heavily on Pitchfork Media to tell them what's cool. Don't dance at concerts. Wear a mixture of thrifted clothing and items bought at American Apparel (commonly Tri-blend v-necks) and Urban Outfitters. Extremely tight jeans worn by both sexes, pairing these with either a band or b-movie t shirt and a plaid shirt/v-neck and a cardigan along with Nike hi-tops/Vans/Keds. Females often wear retro style dresses and racerback tank tops without bras. Eschew public transport and instead choose to ride fixed-break bikes. Often claim to know about literature and film - will have googled a good deal of Vonnegut and French New Wave cinema."
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
      What is a hipster?

Comment

That's nice to call people names Rudy.
        It's not necessarily a bad thing to be a hipster? Lol sheesh.

Comment

It's a cheap beer. College kids have no money. That probably why. Don't let these hipsters or whatever you call them make this beer their own. These damn kids and terms/ groups.
          I don't make them make the beer their own, they do it themselves lol

Comment

• Corey Washington is working out for the Jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
              IMO, the best definition of a hipster. Brought to you by Urban Dictionary lol

"Referring to young people of around 18-30 years of age, who drink cheap beer (most often Pabst Blue Ribbon, on occasion Budwiser), smoke Parliaments, Lucky Strikes or hard to obtain foreign cigarettes (such as Gauloises) and take recreational drugs, coke being the most popular. Use a great deal of sarcasm, claim to be ironic. Are usually less than 5% body fat, drink copious amounts of coffee and eat children's cereal. Listen to Indie Rock, rely heavily on Pitchfork Media to tell them what's cool. Don't dance at concerts. Wear a mixture of thrifted clothing and items bought at American Apparel (commonly Tri-blend v-necks) and Urban Outfitters. Extremely tight jeans worn by both sexes, pairing these with either a band or b-movie t shirt and a plaid shirt/v-neck and a cardigan along with Nike hi-tops/Vans/Keds. Females often wear retro style dresses and racerback tank tops without bras. Eschew public transport and instead choose to ride fixed-break bikes. Often claim to know about literature and film - will have googled a good deal of Vonnegut and French New Wave cinema."
              People like this actually exist?!
              http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
              http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
              http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                What? Hell yeah lol, it's even worse when you meet them.

Their alternative indie music and their super super indie movies are just ****ing horrible lol
                One of my good friends is a hipster (he's majoring in film..big surprise lol). I have no idea what he's talking about half of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                  caffeine no long has any affect on me whatsoever. So I guess I should stop wasting money on it.

I could be 2 giant coffees and a can of monster in already.....and be on the verge of falling asleep on my desk
                  I started feeling my body becoming reliant on caffeine after taking it in pre workout shakes for a while. Caffeine dependency is a horrible feeling, dont know how you coffee drinkers live life like that
                  "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                  - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• How you feel about the trade gurjy
                    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                      JPizzack is a good example.
                      lol, what about me is hipster? My beard and glasses?
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                        Very much so. Anyone who wears a jacket/sweatshirt/sweater in the summer is immediately a hipster. they'll also be in the skinny jeans with those super plain shoes mentioned in the previous post. It's like a uniform for hipsters.

that post is pretty spot on.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

:-)

Comment

nah you have lenses in your glasses

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                              I started feeling my body becoming reliant on caffeine after taking it in pre workout shakes for a while. Caffeine dependency is a horrible feeling, dont know how you coffee drinkers live life like that
                              coffee doesn't have nearly as much caffeine as youd expect. That's why I feel the need to drink a lot of it.
                              Granted, I love the taste of coffee when its well-made, but, I'm sure I could go without it if the end result is the same as me NOT having caffeine....
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                                nah you have lenses in your glasses
                                true. they are fully functional.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X