Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Game should have never been that close. Refs ****ed us with the PI on Collins going for the ball in the 3rd and long in the 4th.
    We also should of only needed a field goal on the last drive. Why didn't they kick a field goal at the end of the first half !!!??

    Also Tye the science guy was a nice surprise last night.

    Comment


    • Morning, did you go to the game last night?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
        We also should of only needed a field goal on the last drive. Why didn't they kick a field goal at the end of the first half !!!??

        Also Tye the science guy was a nice surprise last night.
        It looked to me like OBJ was going to cut inside the DB on that INT and maybe Eli thought that as well which is why the pass was so terrible. He has to throw it before the cut and they didn't both read it the same way. Still to risky a throw in that situation but I won't bash them for trying.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jmike View Post
          Morning, did you go to the game last night?
          No :/ I wish I could've gone
          Boy that place was rocking though, that's the loudest I've heard the stadium in a while.


          Morehead was somewhere angry that Eli threw a game winning TD.
          Mood: WOOF!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rudy View Post
            No :/ I wish I could've gone
            Boy that place was rocking though, that's the loudest I've heard the stadium in a while.


            Morehead was somewhere angry that Eli threw a game winning TD.
            LOL

            I watched on an internet feed, a bit annoying but at least I didn't have to watch with my BiL, which is how I usually have to watch the games.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jmike View Post
              It looked to me like OBJ was going to cut inside the DB on that INT and maybe Eli thought that as well which is why the pass was so terrible. He has to throw it before the cut and they didn't both read it the same way. Still to risky a throw in that situation but I won't bash them for trying.
              That makes sense but too much can go wrong with running a play there they had no timeouts and were a little far out to take that shot IMO. I was annoyed with the call when I saw them not sending the FG unit out there. That changed the momentum in the game. Would of liked them to be up 16-6 at half.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
                That makes sense but too much can go wrong with running a play there they had no timeouts and were a little far out to take that shot IMO. I was annoyed with the call when I saw them not sending the FG unit out there. That changed the momentum in the game. Would of liked them to be up 16-6 at half.
                I disagree, you had the time to take one shot in the end zone and they should have. The decision on where to throw was bad, when everything was covered up right away he should have thrown it away. But if he did, he wouldn't be Eli, he thought his WR would make a play, if Eli thought differently, he would have never thrown that pass to Tyree. Take it or leave it, we have a QB that will take chances and trust his WRs, sometimes it makes wonderful things and others it leaves us shaking our head. Everyone's a Genius when it works. Imagine if that bomb to Nicks at the end of the half was intercepted? Everyone would be bashing how stupid it was to throw that, they should have been happy with the FG, but instead it basically put the game away before the half. It is all about results.

                Comment


                • Honestly, I didn't have a problem with the decision to go for it in the end zone. It was just a ****ty pass.
                  Mood: WOOF!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                    I disagree, you had the time to take one shot in the end zone and they should have. The decision on where to throw was bad, when everything was covered up right away he should have thrown it away. But if he did, he wouldn't be Eli, he thought his WR would make a play, if Eli thought differently, he would have never thrown that pass to Tyree. Take it or leave it, we have a QB that will take chances and trust his WRs, sometimes it makes wonderful things and others it leaves us shaking our head. Everyone's a Genius when it works. Imagine if that bomb to Nicks at the end of the half was intercepted? Everyone would be bashing how stupid it was to throw that, they should have been happy with the FG, but instead it basically put the game away before the half. It is all about results.
                    No no no bud, keep it relative to the game and situation. The tyree catch is a bad comparison in regards to Eli's decision making and the nicks play I think they were to far out to kick a FG. I agree what makes Eli great is he will make any throw at anytime to anyone. I like that about him and you have to take the good with the bad with him cause there has been far far more good. But honestly these decisions at the end of halves in these games have been hurting them. They needed to take the 3 there. It's on Eli and Coughlin, just like that pick late in the 4th in buffalo. Its dumb.

                    Comment


                    • You guys are typing a lot of words that I don't feel like reading
                      Mood: WOOF!

                      Comment


                      • I ate too many nachos last night while watching the game.

                        Comment


                        • Game analysis

                          I knew this was going be a tough game, playing a down and out team with pride is dangerous.
                          First, we need our injured players on the field asap
                          Beason, Kennard, Casillas, Selvie, Ayers, Cruz, I would say JPP but he's a long ways away.
                          Last night we say the kid Hyde run all over our depleted defense. Arm tackles don't work on the kid.
                          Hopefully next week most of them are back, we need them. And let's hope Randle and ODB play, we can't run out a practice squad player, a 6th round rookie and expect the same outcome.
                          Eli looked great, the interception was on him tough, poor decision, the defender was on Beckham the play should have been towards the back end of the end zone, only ODB can get it or it goes out of bounds. Other then that he was masterful, he made all the right throws, great pocket awareness, played great.
                          Defense played awful, but injuries was a factor to that.

                          Giants fan since the early 80s

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
                            I ate too many nachos last night while watching the game.
                            WWII in your bathroom coming up?
                            Mood: WOOF!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ny06 View Post
                              Game analysis

                              I knew this was going be a tough game, playing a down and out team with pride is dangerous.
                              First, we need our injured players on the field asap
                              Beason, Kennard, Casillas, Selvie, Ayers, Cruz, I would say JPP but he's a long ways away.
                              Last night we say the kid Hyde run all over our depleted defense. Arm tackles don't work on the kid.
                              Hopefully next week most of them are back, we need them. And let's hope Randle and ODB play, we can't run out a practice squad player, a 6th round rookie and expect the same outcome.
                              Eli looked great, the interception was on him tough, poor decision, the defender was on Beckham the play should have been towards the back end of the end zone, only ODB can get it or it goes out of bounds. Other then that he was masterful, he made all the right throws, great pocket awareness, played great.
                              Defense played awful, but injuries was a factor to that.
                              The defense was definitely suspect in the second half.
                              Mood: WOOF!

                              Comment


                              • So this happened lmao

                                Mood: WOOF!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X