This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    I think i want to quit what Im doing, go to college, become a high school history teacher and hit on the seniors, possibly juniors.
    Ew don't teach High School. Be a professor. They can do whatever they want.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I think i want to quit what Im doing, go to college, become a high school history teacher and hit on the seniors, possibly juniors.
      I'd like to say that I'm shocked and appalled by that statement.....but quite honestly, I'm not shocked.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
        Ew don't teach High School. Be a professor. They can do whatever they want.
        Do you need your masters to teach college? Iv been out of the system for quite some time

Comment

Do you need your masters to teach college? Iv been out of the system for quite some time
          based on what youre saying, looks like youre going to be back in the system....just not the one you were thinking...lol
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            Well the argument back then was, Eli would throw 60 yard passes, sometimes we had a guy to catch them, other times the WR got beat while the ball was in the air, or he threw into double coverage.....so he's kind of always been high risk, high reward. aka a gunslinger. Not a lot of QBs play like that. Favre is the one that always comes up though.
            Some people would say Eli just makes terrible decisions
            Favre was the one I was thinking of. Usually QBs who play like that do not stay in the game long enough to be good. Few coaches have patience for bad decisions, high risk passes and costly interceptions from a young QB. Pretty much why Atlanta let Favre go(traded him), they didn't feel he had the work ethic and took too many risks in practice.

Eli and Favre are similar QBs in that way, but really only that way. They are polarizing because most people don't like different and the 2 are different than we have become accustomed.

I maintain that, with the exception of Favre, with any other QB I have ever seen play, we lose that 2007 Super Bowl without Eli. For that reason, I will always love Eli and will forgive most of his DA interceptions, because that confidence in his receivers, that attitude of you can't win without taking a chance won us a SB that we had no business winning. That game was my happiest sports moment, most excited I have ever been watching any sport.

Comment

You need your masters to teach anything, although i'm sure some schools will accept a BA or a BS, but typically you need to attain a Masters.

Everything after that is a bonus.

Comment

Eli has one of the quickest releases in the NFL, averaging 2.3 secs.

Gunslingahhhh
                You don't measure a release in seconds. you measure it in 10ths of seconds A QB's release isn't gauged from the snap. It's gauged from the moment he begins his throwing motion.

And guys who chuck and duck are disqualified from being called "gunslingers".
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                  Well, I "flunked" out of UGA my freshman year. drank too much, could never wake up in time for my 8am classes....just all the typical nonsense you'd expect from an undisciplined 18yo student I guess. Some people can pull it off, but, I think it was far too much far too fast for me to rebound from. So when I got my grades, my tuition was going to go up, my parents said, NOPE!! and made me come home.
                  Similar, I had some issues my freshman year and my scholarship was pulled. I might have been able to stay, I had the money, but I was too busy trying to drink myself to death to bother. 4 years later after being homeless, missing and presumed dead....I quit drinking and been sober since.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    You don't measure a release in seconds. you measure it in 10ths of seconds A QB's release isn't gauged from the snap. It's gauged from the moment he begins his throwing motion.

They weren't measuring his release, they were measure how long he held onto the ball, idk how it got twisted to say release.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I haven't seen much chucking and ducking this year. He's actually been getting destroyed when he throws.

And he dumps off like crazy now. Thanks Vereen!

Comment

I haven't seen much chucking and ducking this year. He's actually been getting destroyed when he throws.

And if anyone knows crazy dumps it's Rudy.

Comment

I hated the Vereen signing. So glad I was wrong ... he's a stud.
                          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

You need your masters to teach anything, although i'm sure some schools will accept a BA or a BS, but typically you need to attain a Masters.

Everything after that is a bonus.
                            hmmmm...

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                              I hated the Vereen signing. So glad I was wrong ... he's a stud.
                              You were in the minority in that one. We all loved the Vareen signing. Eli finally has a guy like he had in Tiki to dump it off to instead of throwing blindly into coverage.

Comment

hmmmm...
                                You don't need a masters to be a HS teacher. It helps if you get it at some point though.

Comment

Working...
                                X