This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
    I hated the Vereen signing. So glad I was wrong ... he's a stud.
    He's kinda cute, IDK if I'd call him a stud though....

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

I maintain that, with the exception of Favre, with any other QB I have ever seen play, we lose that 2007 Super Bowl without Eli. For that reason, I will always love Eli and will forgive most of his DA interceptions, because that confidence in his receivers, that attitude of you can't win without taking a chance won us a SB that we had no business winning. That game was my happiest sports moment, most excited I have ever been watching any sport.
      I will also share this sentiment. I had never, and still have never since, felt that way about the result of any game. It was quite a high.
      Last edited by JPizzack; 10-13-2015, 10:18 AM.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Really? I LOVED the signing. It was a much better deal than the Jennings one, and for, imo, a better player.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Uh why? Did you watch what he did with the Pats?
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            You don't need a masters to be a HS teacher. It helps if you get it at some point though.
            Most high school teachers I know have a Masters. Most BA students are teacher's assistants.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              hmmmm...
              So yeah, if you're really interested..gotta do a lot of schooling for little pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                Most high school teachers I know have a Masters. Most BA students are teacher's assistants.
                My step daughter was a high school teacher for 6 years before she got her masters.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

My step daughter was a high school teacher for 6 years before she got her masters.
                  Yes, she eventually got her Masters. As I said before, you can teach with your BA, but it's best you attain your Master's eventually.

And most teachers with a BA are working to get their Master's at the same time, which is what your step- daughter probably did.

Comment

• My partner is a teacher with a BA, part of being hired was the expectation of getting her masters, which the school is nice enough to pay for. It really isn't optional, if she wasn't working towards it she would be let go. She is almost done. Poor girl is stuck with a college drop out.

Comment

You don't measure a release in seconds. you measure it in 10ths of seconds A QB's release isn't gauged from the snap. It's gauged from the moment he begins his throwing motion.

And guys who chuck and duck are disqualified from being called "gunslingers".
                      Eli doesnt chuck and duck, be real.

Comment

Well you can make the case he was in the past, but I haven't seen any chuck and duck this year..we barely even pass it down field that much anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                          My partner is a teacher with a BA, part of being hired was the expectation of getting her masters, which the school is nice enough to pay for. It really isn't optional, if she wasn't working towards it she would be let go. She is almost done. Poor girl is stuck with a college drop out.
                          That was extremely generous of the school. And my mom got her Master's in teaching when she was preggers with me. She had her BS at the time and as soon as she graduated undergrad she went right ahead to grad school.

Comment

Not a very convincing argument. But don't bother, you aren't going to change his mind, he has felt this way for as long as I have been here and no matter what Eli does, he shoehorns it into whatever preconceived notions he already had on the matter. You know, just like everybody else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                              That was extremely generous of the school. And my mom got her Master's in teaching when she was preggers with me. She had her BS at the time and as soon as she graduated undergrad she went right ahead to grad school.
                              It is a private school and they feel it is a way to attract some good young teachers. Almost all their current teachers have been there for 10+ years. She is the only faculty member under 30 and one of 4 under 50. Many are nearing retirement. Whenever I go see her there or if there is some event, I chuckle at how out of place she looks.

Comment

• Oh, but she doesn't have a choice of where to get said masters. They are affiliated with a private college nearby and she has to get it there or pay for it her self. She's taking the free route since it is a good school and hey FREE!

Comment

Working...
                                X