This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    It is a private school and they feel it is a way to attract some good young teachers. Almost all their current teachers have been there for 10+ years. She is the only faculty member under 30 and one of 4 under 50. Many are nearing retirement. Whenever I go see her there or if there is some event, I chuckle at how out of place she looks.
    That's a huge problem in my area. A lot of people who WANT to be teachers can't get jobs. The old timers have no motivation to retire because they make so much money over a 30-40 yr career, and their pension continues to grow. Kids can't get jobs anywhere north of the Bronx, it's crazy. Meanwhile, we have teachers making their way across our 1/2 mile high school using a walker.......
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      It is a private school and they feel it is a way to attract some good young teachers. Almost all their current teachers have been there for 10+ years. She is the only faculty member under 30 and one of 4 under 50. Many are nearing retirement. Whenever I go see her there or if there is some event, I chuckle at how out of place she looks.
      Well paying for their Master's will certainly attract teachers LOL.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        That's a huge problem in my area. A lot of people who WANT to be teachers can't get jobs. The old timers have no motivation to retire because they make so much money over a 30-40 yr career, and their pension continues to grow. Kids can't get jobs anywhere north of the Bronx, it's crazy. Meanwhile, we have teachers making their way across our 1/2 mile high school using a walker.......
        If they can still effectively teach the kids, I don't see a reason to push them out. Tell them to move to Philly area, there are a dearth of teachers, a lot of private and public schools are giving kids right out of school positions. The burbs are expanding so much that they seem to be adding extra classes all the time.

Comment

• Yea I dont know if Im happy here. Some days are good, others completely suck and I want nothing to do with it. Yea Im pretty much my own boss but its a lot of grinding and hustling and dealing with people Im not crazy about.
          As opposed to being a teacher knowing Ill have a paycheck no matter what and not having to worry about it seems nice.

ughhh I dont know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
            we barely even pass it down field that much anymore.
            We better start.

Comment

Well paying for their Master's will certainly attract teachers LOL.
              Yea, it made her decision very easy, bit of a commute but she loves it there and she just takes the train. Sucks to work in the burbs and still have to pay Phila wage tax and nearly 4%.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                We better start.
                Yeah, so Morehead can make more chuck and duck comments

Comment

Yea I dont know if Im happy here. Some days are good, others completely suck and I want nothing to do with it. Yea Im pretty much my own boss but its a lot of grinding and hustling and dealing with people Im not crazy about.
                  As opposed to being a teacher knowing Ill have a paycheck no matter what and not having to worry about it seems nice.

ughhh I dont know.
                  You are always going to deal with people you don't want to deal with no matter what. But if you think you'll be happy as teacher go for it bud. Teaching has changed and a lot more is expected from teachers today in regards to trainings, education that is required and results from students. Hopefully you can get in as a teacher at a good school district eventually. That's the key IMO.

Comment

MH can say whatever he likes when were winning.

Comment

He has issues with the so called Eli homers but is twice as bad and blind when analyzing Phil Simms. It's funny

Comment

MH can say whatever he likes when were winning.
                        He can also say whatever he likes when we are losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
                          You are always going to deal with people you don't want to deal with no matter what. But if you think you'll be happy as teacher go for it bud. Teaching has changed and a lot more is expected from teachers today in regards to trainings, education that is required and results from students. Hopefully you can get in as a teacher at a good school district eventually. That's the key IMO.
                          I think Im pretty friggin inspiring tbh.

Comment

I think Im pretty friggin inspiring tbh.
                            Haha well that's good. I mean are you looking to do primary or secondary education ?

Comment

He has issues with the so called Eli homers but is twice as bad and blind when analyzing Phil Simms. It's funny
                              Haters gonna hate

*incoming "you eli cutlists kill me"*

Comment

Yeah but those Eli kids are out of control.
                                http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                                http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                                http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Working...
                                X