This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
    Yeah i guess nobodies is too strong a term. I was a big fan of the Cullen Jenkins signing (and Mike Patterson when it happened). But he's no spring chicken. Same with Ayers. Let's hope Bromley works out. Re-signing Hankins will be big $$$.
    We wont. We'll draft another 2nd-3rd rounder, and Bromley will be the next guy. Idk if they plan on keeping Kuhn or what....but we need DTs still unless they want to break their own rule about signing those heavy 5th year contracts.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• That is what is killing the team. Bad draft picks and the ones that turn out well we let walk.

Comment

• Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
        How has bromley been playing ? Any reports on him ?
        Haven't seen enough of him to say.....
        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
          I think you missed my joke.....sigh
          You think? I DID
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            We wont. We'll draft another 2nd-3rd rounder, and Bromley will be the next guy. Idk if they plan on keeping Kuhn or what....but we need DTs still unless they want to break their own rule about signing those heavy 5th year contracts.
            I might have been seeing things but Kuhn was actually making plays yesterday.
            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• God I hope they don't let Hankins walk.

Comment

That is what is killing the team. Bad draft picks and the ones that turn out well we let walk.
                I don't agree. It's smart decision making to not overpay these guys coming off rookie contracts. hardly ever does a guy who leaves work out to be better than they were before. We're the team getting the 2nd slew of FA signings, not paying guys like Suh. We've built our team that way for a long time. One of our BEST underrated signings of all time was Kareem McKenzie. Came off his 4yr rookie contract we saw what we liked, and signed him for like 1mm a year or something.
                Michael Boley also comes to mind. He had his moments(2 of my favorites actually 1. him spiking the football on a pick 6 into that interns face on accident, 2. breaking Romo's collarbone.)
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
                  God I hope they don't let Hankins walk.
                  Me too, but history is against us.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    I don't agree. It's smart decision making to not overpay these guys coming off rookie contracts. hardly ever does a guy who leaves work out to be better than they were before. We're the team getting the 2nd slew of FA signings, not paying guys like Suh. We've built our team that way for a long time. One of our BEST underrated signings of all time was Kareem McKenzie. Came off his 4yr rookie contract we saw what we liked, and signed him for like 1mm a year or something.
                    Michael Boley also comes to mind. He had his moments(2 of my favorites actually 1. him spiking the football on a pick 6 into that interns face on accident, 2. breaking Romo's collarbone.)
                    You can't build a core if you let your best players walk in their contract year every time. This isn't NCAA, the bad picks cut themselves, the good picks leave in FA and we keep bring the mediocre players back because they are cheap and you are wondering why we miss the play-offs each year lately?

Comment

You can't build a core if you let your best players walk in their contract year every time. This isn't NCAA, the bad picks cut themselves, the good picks leave in FA and we keep bring the mediocre players back because they are cheap and you are wondering why we miss the play-offs each year lately?
                      You both make good points. The guys that have left here have not panned out elsewhere. I wonder if they would of been better if they stayed here. You are right though it's hard to build s core group this way

Comment

Me too, but history is against us.
                        It is but here is the thing we have had a solid replacement. When coefield left we had Joeseph and when we lost him we had Hankins. I know he hasn't played much so the jury is still out but Bromely is not close to Hankins. Hankins is the best DT we have had since Keith Hamilton. I know they are different players but just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                          The job I have now, I supervise and help those with extreme behavioral issues.
                          I'm talking bi-polar, manic depression, mood disorders and all that.
                          In other words....A cross section of the Giants message board.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                            I might have been seeing things but Kuhn was actually making plays yesterday.
                            Saw Hertz making plays too. Hes looking bigger and faster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              In other words....A cross section of the Giants message board.
                              pretty accurate indeed
                              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Maybe if there was a $200mm per year cap....but there's not. Wouldn't it be great to keep every great draft pick we've had? It'd be awesome.
                                But imagine all those contracts? It's just bad business decisions. Let's be honest: most players ARE NOT worth their contract. Each year teams pay more and more money for players who don't deserve it, just because the previous guy on some other team got a ridiculous contract.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X