• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
    pretty accurate indeed
    Green as glass yo

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      Maybe if there was a $200mm per year cap....but there's not. Wouldn't it be great to keep every great draft pick we've had? It'd be awesome.
      But imagine all those contracts? It's just bad business decisions. Let's be honest: most players ARE NOT worth their contract. Each year teams pay more and more money for players who don't deserve it, just because the previous guy on some other team got a ridiculous contract.
      If you keep letting talent walk to keep mediocre players you will continue to be a mediocre team.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Saw Hertz making plays too. Hes looking bigger and faster.
        Are we talking about the same "Hertz"?? Because Mark Herzlich is a huge liability when we are forced to use him on defense. Sucks in coverage, weak against the run. He's borderline useless unless he has already been in position to make a tackle. He's not fast at all, I don't know which guy youre watching lol
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Are we talking about the same "Hertz"?? Because Mark Herzlich is a huge liability when we are forced to use him on defense. Sucks in coverage, weak against the run. He's borderline useless unless he has already been in position to make a tackle. He's not fast at all, I don't know which guy youre watching lol
          I'm happy for the guy for all he has been through but how is he still on an NFL roster?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
            If you keep letting talent walk to keep mediocre players you will continue to be a mediocre team.
            which mediocre talent do they keep? Because we're not spending money on crappy players. I mean, I can understand you(and I) would want the best players possible, but....do you understand how contracts and caps work? Because it's not like we're just saying FU to good players. It's business.....and keeping guys who want way too much, is bad business. It's not personal.
            JPP thinking he deserved more than we already offered is selfish, and for that I say **** em....let him waste away in Jacksonville or something. That's a lot of money spent on new guys instead.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Yes we are. Go rewatch the game.

Comment

which mediocre talent do they keep? Because we're not spending money on crappy players. I mean, I can understand you(and I) would want the best players possible, but....do you understand how contracts and caps work? Because it's not like we're just saying FU to good players. It's business.....and keeping guys who want way too much, is bad business. It's not personal.
                JPP thinking he deserved more than we already offered is selfish, and for that I say **** em....let him waste away in Jacksonville or something. That's a lot of money spent on new guys instead.
                Letting Joseph walk and spending on Beason is a mistake, for example. Yes the numbers are different, and I don't have the time to go through every decision they made, but there were a lot of obviously bad ones. Letting Joseph walk would be the worst and caused me to throw up my hands in disgust. I get not over paying, but if you have a good player you have spent money and resources to coach up and then let him walk on a market value contract, that is a mistake and all you are doing is spinning in place. I would not over pay, but I would pay market value. There were so many picks that didn't work out due to injury or just poor performance, when you have one that actually does work out exactly how you want it sickens me to see him walk. If they let Hankins walk on a market value contract, Reese will lose whatever support he has from me.

Comment

Letting Joseph walk and spending on Beason is a mistake, for example. Yes the numbers are different, and I don't have the time to go through every decision they made, but there were a lot of obviously bad ones. Letting Joseph walk would be the worst and caused me to throw up my hands in disgust. I get not over paying, but if you have a good player you have spent money and resources to coach up and then let him walk on a market value contract, that is a mistake and all you are doing is spinning in place. I would not over pay, but I would pay market value. There were so many picks that didn't work out due to injury or just poor performance, when you have one that actually does work out exactly how you want it sickens me to see him walk. If they let Hankins walk on a market value contract, Reese will lose whatever support he has from me.
                  It will be even worse because in the past we have had a replacement. Hankins is the best DT we have had under TC

Comment

• Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
                    I'm happy for the guy for all he has been through but how is he still on an NFL roster?
                    Yea, it's a great story....but that doesn't mean he still needs to play football lol.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• why isn't bELIever10 and Coughlin666 banned already? They make the exact same threads every 3 hours and they are the same person.
                      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I agree. But the Beason contract wasn't even that terrible considering some of the "worse spent" money. We prob COULD have re-signed Joseph, he's getting 6 mill a year though, and he's a NT so he could actually even make more than that. Wasn't that one of those situations where we initially offered him less, and he just took the higher offer? I don't recall, personally....
                        And your point about picks, its way too hard to predict whos going to pan out, so....I can't even dispute any of that. it's a crapshoot sometimes!!
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• And "market value" no longer exists. Too much of the "i'll go somewhere who will pay what I want" train of though exists in professional sports to have any realistic price tag on anyone. It's horse****, but, that's the truth.
                          Like, OTs should make good money, as should QBs, and even good CBs, but.....DL, LB, S, RBs......i'll replace yo ***!!
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I'm only saying that letting a pick that was good walk is a bad idea, especially if they get a market value contract. Sometimes it is worth overpaying a bit to keep a good player. The draft picks that seem to stick around are the ones that played below expectations. How long did Barden waste space? You could tell in his first camp he wasn't going to amount to much. Even he got a second contract and so did Moss. Utterly useless and replaceable players stay and Joseph walks....ugh.

Comment

And "market value" no longer exists. Too much of the "i'll go somewhere who will pay what I want" train of though exists in professional sports to have any realistic price tag on anyone. It's horse****, but, that's the truth.
                              Like, OTs should make good money, as should QBs, and even good CBs, but.....DL, LB, S, RBs......i'll replace yo ***!!
                              I disagree, it depends on the quality of the individual player. The only place I might let walk is RB, they fall off the cliff too quick. Dallas was smart letting Murray walk for example because he had so many carriers you knew this would be a down year for him and he might never be as good. Other positions, if you have a player that locks it down, you keep him unless some other team blows the doors off a contract. Renting washed up vets every year just keeps you treading water.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                                why isn't bELIever10 and Coughlin666 banned already? They make the exact same threads every 3 hours and they are the same person.
                                I think they're hilarious actually. The John Jerry love? Too funny.
                                http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                                http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                                http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Working...
                                X