• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    no
    I think it would explode.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
      yep I didn't do anything that didn't involve a beer ...I was so used to passing out and coming to that when I finally sobered up I had to relearn how to just go to sleep....learning how to live sober took quite awhile...hell I still struggle with some social situations.....anyhow a day at a time I've been sober since 89
      Damn B, good for you man.

Comment

No, beer with cray, just goes well. Steamed with some Cajun spice. Place I used to go to in Atlanta had them at happy hour. Was my dinner many a night there. I don't remember the name, but I could walk to it after work from the train station.
        My favorite place in Atlanta was Fado. Biggest damn Irish pub I've ever seen. Buckhead ave, off Peachtree I think.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

yea
          That stuff is awesome. Very little meat though.
          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

yep I didn't do anything that didn't involve a beer ...I was so used to passing out and coming to that when I finally sobered up I had to relearn how to just go to sleep....learning how to live sober took quite awhile...hell I still struggle with some social situations.....anyhow a day at a time I've been sober since 89
            Nice work....I quit when I was 22, sober since. Hard at times, some really scary stuff happened there at the end and my sister never really recovered from what I put her through. She still insists that I have a cell phone to the point that she pays for it and I am to always take her calls no matter what is going on or where I am.

I have tried to get her to let me take care of the cell phone...she says no everytime....it is her phone for her to reach me and could give a **** what else I use it for so long as I answer when she calls. Paraphrasing what she said, she wasn't that nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
              That stuff is awesome. Very little meat though.
              well they are very little animals

hell, they are bait in most places.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                Damn B, good for you man.
                you know what, I got lucky left to my own devices I just may have drank myself to death..The intervention and tough love given to me by people close to me was the game changer ... I truly didn't want to walk into that rehab... two weeks in I wanted out bad but I knew nobody would come and get me....I when to my room laid my head on the pillow and said these words " God help me make the right decision " The next day my life changed completely ... I was a member of the "blue group" we would all sit in a circle, the counselor would go around and ask everyone if they want to talk and how much time they wanted.....For two weeks everyday I'd say my name "no time"....But that morning I said my name I'll take two minutes....I took the whole hour going as far as calling the counselor a ****ing ******* I dumped everything....At the end he asked me how I felt I thought for second and I said I feel ****ing good and I truly did....pretty much the day I started walking the walk...The first year was tough but things got better as the years rolled by ...I went to the halls of AA three times a week for 15 years....

Anyhow.. sorry to bore you all with this little part of my story ..you were all talking the other day about whether it was an addiction or whatever...Doesn't matter much to me what it is .. Seems like the numbers were like one out of ten make it out and never drink again....I was very fortunate I found my bottom and to have had the love and support that was needed at a time.... I truly believe it could have gone either way..... I'll stop now......

Comment

• Byron for president.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Nice work....I quit when I was 22, sober since. Hard at times, some really scary stuff happened there at the end and my sister never really recovered from what I put her through. She still insists that I have a cell phone to the point that she pays for it and I am to always take her calls no matter what is going on or where I am.

I have tried to get her to let me take care of the cell phone...she says no everytime....it is her phone for her to reach me and could give a **** what else I use it for so long as I answer when she calls. Paraphrasing what she said, she wasn't that nice.
                    Good for you Jenn ...People don't worry about me any more they did in the beginning... they would hide their drinks and such when I was around ....

Comment

you know what, I got lucky left to my own devices I just may have drank myself to death..The intervention and tough love given to me by people close to me was the game changer ... I truly didn't want to walk into that rehab... two weeks in I wanted out bad but I knew nobody would come and get me....I when to my room laid my head on the pillow and said these words " God help me make the right decision " The next day my life changed completely ... I was a member of the "blue group" we would all sit in a circle, the counselor would go around and ask everyone if they want to talk and how much time they wanted.....For two weeks everyday I'd say my name "no time"....But that morning I said my name I'll take two minutes....I took the whole hour going as far as calling the counselor a ****ing ******* I dumped everything....At the end he asked me how I felt I thought for second and I said I feel ****ing good and I truly did....pretty much the day I started walking the walk...The first year was tough but things got better as the years rolled by ...I went to the halls of AA three times a week for 15 years....

Anyhow.. sorry to bore you all with this little part of my story ..you were all talking the other day about whether it was an addiction or whatever...Doesn't matter much to me what it is .. Seems like the numbers were like one out of ten make it out and never drink again....I was very fortunate I found my bottom and to have had the love and support that was needed at a time.... I truly believe it could have gone either way..... I'll stop now......
                      Not boring at all B, its inspiring actually because I do the same thing, if weeds not involved Im really not interested. Its everywhere I go, Im surrounded by it so its hard to get away from it.
                      Im done with all the hard stuff but still, Id like to be completely sober eventually. Saying it is good but doing it is the problem.

Comment

• What do I as a fan have to do to get the Yanks to fire Girardi and hire Donnie?

Comment

What do I as a fan have to do to get the Yanks to fire Girardi and hire Donnie?
                          Girardi actually did a good job this year IMO.
                          Last edited by alentown pa; 10-16-2015, 02:11 PM.

Comment

What do I as a fan have to do to get the Yanks to fire Girardi and hire Donnie?
                            I'm with ya but it would of been in our best interest that the Cubs do poorly. Now that they have Madeen it's unlikely Girardi will go there. I was hoping he would manage the Cubs, and that would open the door for Donnie baseball.

Comment

well they are very little animals

hell, they are bait in most places.
                              There's a place in Hoboken that serves them by the pound during the season. I remember eating some obscene amount $$$ wise because there just wasn't much there. Good stuff though.

If you want to try something that goes great with beer though, try Taka wasa. If you like wasabi, you'll love that. It's like preserved raw octopus in a wasabi sauce. Best thing ever with beer.

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/yama-...Vib5mDWhHBRHXQ
                              http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                              http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                              http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
                                Girardi actually did a good job this year IMO.
                                I know but Donnie is my childhood bae.

Comment

Working...
                                X