X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    We're the only ones that count.
    What is "Why do people hate the United States of America" ? Nevermind, we already had that answer.

typical republican answer though, that's for sure.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

No....we aren't.

Comment

OK this I can accept
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
            OK this I can accept
            Then why do you learn numbers first in Spanish class?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
              I don't recall my civil war history very well, why did Meade allow the army to retreat back across the Potomac? It may have been the wrong decision, but I am sure he had his reasons.
              Both he and McClellan had decision making "issues". McClellan was a brilliant general but he constantly over estimated his enemy. And Lincoln was livid when Meade didn't pursue Lee.
              Grant was the opposite. he attacked. If Grant was at Gettysburg the war would have been over before January 1964. He was far less of a strategist but he knew how to attack and win.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

No....we aren't.
                Maybe you can cite all the Argentinians who developed great life saving technology.....or the Bolivian who launched a technology revolution around the world.

American exceptionalism comes from our long standing political and economic systems that reward innovation. Our system appeals to the potential greatness in it's citizens.

Maybe you can show me where people are breaking down the walls to enter Mexico, Equador or Brazil.

It's HERE they want to come. because THEY know what some Americans forget. THIS is the greatest nation on earth.

Comment

And allowed him to flea back accross the Potomac.
                  Meade could have ended the war more than a year earlier and could have saved tens of thousands of lives if he had destroyed Lee's army when it was vulnerable.
                  Lincoln was pissed. Though, I have read a few places that once Lee crossed the Potomac, he set up defensive positions.
                  I agree with you he should have attacked but not attacking doesnt make him a "moron".

He also beat him in the Bristoe Campaign.
                  Last edited by dezzzR; 10-21-2015, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Then why do you learn numbers first in Spanish class?
                    That's not relevant

Comment

• People in Europe refer to us as Americans. It's also acceptable to say you are from the states when telling them where you are from.

Comment

Maybe you can cite all the Argentinians who developed great life saving technology.....or the Bolivian who launched a technology revolution around the world.

American exceptionalism comes from our long standing political and economic systems that reward innovation. Our system appeals to the potential greatness in it's citizens.

Maybe you can show me where people are breaking down the walls to enter Mexico, Equador or Brazil.

It's HERE they want to come. because THEY know what some Americans forget. THIS is the greatest nation on earth.
                        So....in order to count you must have accomplished something significant? So most of the people in the world don't count in your opinion? That isn't just right wing fanaticism speaking there, that goes way beyond rational.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                          That's not relevant
                          If they don't count, why would they have numbers? It is definitely relevant.

Comment

So....in order to count you must have accomplished something significant? So most of the people in the world don't count in your opinion? That isn't just right wing fanaticism speak there, that goes way beyond rational.
                            Spare me. It was tongue in cheek.

Comment

There's absolutely no evidence to support the statement that we're the greatest country in the world. We're 7th in literacy, 27th in math, 22nd in science, 49th in life expectancy, 178th in infant mortality, 3rd in median household income, number 4 in labor force, and number 4 in exports. We lead the world in only 3 categories: number of incarcerated citizens per capita, number of adults who believe angels are real, and defense spending, where we spend more than the next 26 countries combined. 25 of whom are allies. Now, none of this is the fault of a 20 year old college student. But you, nonetheless, are without a doubt a member of the worst. generation. ever. So when you ask, "what makes us the greatest country in the world?" I dunno know what the **** you're talking about.....
                              We sure used to be. We stood up for what was right. We fought for moral reasons. We passed laws, struck down laws for moral reasons. We waged wars on poverty, not poor people. We sacrificed, we cared about our neighbors. We put our money where our mouths were. And we never beat our chest. We built great big things, made ungodly technological advances, explored the universe, cured diseases, and we cultivated the world's greatest artists and the world's greatest economy. We reached for the stars, acted like men. We aspired to intelligence, we didn't belittle it, it didn't make us feel inferior. We didn't identify ourselves by who we voted for in our last election. And we didn't... we didn't scare so easy. We were able to be all these things, and to do all these things, because we were informed. By great men, men who were revered. First step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one. America is not the greatest country in the world anymore. Enough?

Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Spare me. It was tongue in cheek.
                                Oh....good....you really worried me on that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X