This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    actually....if you took everything you owned and all the money you have (not much), as long as you could get to South America, you could live comfortably lol
    I cannot afford to move to South America and live comfortably.

So alas, I will continue to complain about the cold :-)
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
      I'm sure you're smart enough to realize that I cannot afford to move closer to the equator.
      You live in Virginia. That's close enough.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
        Your hopes weren't based on an estimation of his "plus skills"?

For the record, I really liked the pick, too.
        No, my hopes were on his production. He is big but not huge, he has poor vision, he's not quick, he's not fast, he's not elusive, he didn't catch the ball at all and still doesn't do it well, he runs with power but no more so than most backs his size. There really is nothing there that he is particularly good at, which is why I felt, like many other backs, he wouldn't be as good in the NFL as he looked in college. Now they did not spend a high pick on him, and he was productive and now a Giant, that is where my hopes came from, it is my knee-jerk optimism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          You live in Virginia. That's close enough.
          It's not because I'm cold.

Comment

I'm sure you're smart enough to realize that I cannot afford to move closer to the equator.
            You could afford to walk out the door right now with only the cash in your pocket and afford to move there. You can walk there if it comes down to it. You can live in an ally, many people do, what is there that you need to afford to move there?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
              No, my hopes were on his production. He is big but not huge, he has poor vision, he's not quick, he's not fast, he's not elusive, he didn't catch the ball at all and still doesn't do it well, he runs with power but no more so than most backs his size. There really is nothing there that he is particularly good at, which is why I felt, like many other backs, he wouldn't be as good in the NFL as he looked in college. Now they did not spend a high pick on him, and he was productive and now a Giant, that is where my hopes came from, it is my knee-jerk optimism.
              Yeah, that's where I stood with him, too. Athletic profile was good, and production was great. I thought he could be another Zac Stacy.

Turns out I wasn't that far off the mark. Zac Stacy sucks too.
              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Nobody trust Pizz
                Sound advice.....BUT....I'd like to think I'm fairly trust worthy, and a rather all around loyal guy. So I'm probably the least of your concerns.
                Andre Williams though.....don't trust him.

edit - He's from Poughkeepsie, in case that wasn't clear as to why I brought that up
                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

You could afford to walk out the door right now with only the cash in your pocket and afford to move there. You can walk there if it comes down to it. You can live in an ally, many people do, what is there that you need to afford to move there?
                  I don't have any cash in my pockets.

Comment

I cannot afford to move to South America and live comfortably.

So alas, I will continue to complain about the cold :-)
                    I guess that depends on what you consider comfort. There is no positives in being cold you said, so it seems you would be more comfortable living on the streets of Quito, Ecuador than your home in Virginia.

Comment

I don't have any cash in my pockets.
                      exactly

Comment

exactly
                        Exactly. So I cannot move.

Comment

I guess that depends on what you consider comfort. There is no positives in being cold you said, so it seems you would be more comfortable living on the streets of Quito, Ecuador than your home in Virginia.
                          I've been to Quito.....I went out and got a steak dinner, and 2 beers, and spent $10.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Yes, but getting there is not ideal. Which is why I'm still in Virginia. I'm not choosing to stay here, I'm forced to because of my current circumstances.

Comment

• Actually, I went to Quito for a week, and only spent $100 the whole time I was there -___-
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Exactly. So I cannot move.
                                You don't need money to move, you only need feet.

Comment

Working...
                                X