X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    I don't even know where that is.
    If you ant to get to the stadium, you essentially have to use Rt. 17.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      If you ant to get to the stadium, you essentially have to use Rt. 17.
      Paterson plank road!

but yea I have to use 17 to get to Paterson Plank anyhow so the point still stands.

Comment

• riding a bicycle on rt 17 would be suicidal......its crazy enough in a car......
        Last edited by byron; 10-30-2015, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
          those idea's could "help" but the overlying problem is the entirety of the highway is bracketed by shopping area so people are constantly coming to a stop to get off the road meanwhile the other half of the drivers are using the road as the most direct route to work, most roads with rt17 like volume have nothing on the sides except the occasional rest stop... they are used to get from A to B and not to stop every half mile....17 is used to get from A to B by some people but other people are stopping every half mile to check out a store.

It's like a main street type road with interstate type volume and that's not gonna change unless they remove the majority of the business's that are along it.
          The people using it as a direct route could use the express highway underneath with exits only every 5 miles or so. Whatever makes sense for the area. That way people shopping and those using as apt A to B won't be on the same road. Basically you are putting 2 highways in the same place. This will allow the road to handle twice the traffic it does now. It won't eliminate all the traffic but it will greatly reduce it.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
            riding a bicycle on rt 17 would be suicidal......its crazy enough in a car......
            If it is a shopping area doesn't it have walking paths/bicycle paths along the side?

Comment

• So I'm at work listening to a guy talking to another discussing how great Eli Manning is. I want to come over and slap them upside the head.
              http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
              http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
              http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

If it is a shopping area doesn't it have walking paths/bicycle paths along the side?
                Swamp/ wetlands on both sides

Comment

• Who thinks JPP will have an impact next week?

Comment

I didn't see none of that ...I only visit down there I would not want to live there....its a very intriguing place to visit....know where your going and do it in the daylight

and maybe carry a big stick

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      Swamp/ wetlands on both sides
                      So do you need an airboat to get from the road to the shop?

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                        I didn't see none of that ...I only visit down there I would not want to live there....its a very intriguing place to visit....know where your going and do it in the daylight

and maybe carry a big stick
                        Meh, I find the right attitude keeps you safe in most situations. For the others I have throwing knives in the cuffs of my jacket and a balisong in my pocket.

Comment

• Boooooooooored.....
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

So do you need an airboat to get from the road to the shop?
                            I thought you wanted to ride your bike on the highway

Comment

• Holy **** Fonzie is 70!!!
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                Holy **** Fonzie is 70!!!
                                He's got ya beat by a year!
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Working...
                                X