This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
    Uh...that's not really rosy cozy, it's just common sense.

If I have the ability to grow my own weed in my own home, legally...why oh why would I have to go to a drug dealer? i have my own. And if the drug dealers can grow their own weed, why would they need to hook up with homies in Mexico? This is what i'm saying...keeping it illegal is just giving those drug cartels a reason to keep pushing it here.
    Yep, right...common sense. Legalize marijuana, cut into demand, vicious criminals just go away.

Just as lucid as Morehead's common sense "legalize pot, create more potheads, fall behind global competition" argument.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      Yep, right...common sense. Legalize marijuana, cut into demand, vicious criminals just go away.

Just as lucid as Morehead's common sense "legalize pot, create more potheads, fall behind global competition" argument.
      Keep putting words in my mouth. That makes the conversation fun.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

So if everyone is concerned about the aftermath of it's legality, blame your government for making it illegal AND putting it as a substance 1 drug in the first place, not the weed.
        I personally am not worried about the aftermath of it's legality at all. Naive or not, I can't see any drawbacks on the horizon from it's legalization.

I'm just against using speculated systemic effects as support for its legality. I think the potential revenue and easing of the overpopulated prisons is enough in and of itself. I really don't see any adverse effects at all. The only reason it hasn't been done is fear of alienating voters that have some "moral" (read: arbitrary) opposition to weed.

Comment

Keep putting words in my mouth. That makes the conversation fun.
          Did that significantly alter the meaning of this post at all?

Originally posted by Rudy View Post
          Strictly marijuana, those cartels would be **** down. Their entire lifeline is prohibition. And not just in the US either.
          Sorry for not using your words. Frankly, mine are better.

Comment

• All this from the same girl who cant pay for fantasy because shes "sick" (addicted to marijuana)and needed her "medicine"

Comment

I personally am not worried about the aftermath of it's legality at all. Naive or not, I can't see any drawbacks on the horizon from it's legalization.

I'm just against using speculated systemic effects as support for its legality. I think the potential revenue and easing of the overpopulated prisons is enough in and of itself. I really don't see any adverse effects at all. The only reason it hasn't been done is fear of alienating voters that have some "moral" (read: arbitrary) opposition to weed.
              Why? There are hundreds of articles and discussion that support the idea that drug cartels would lose a lot of its firepower. Nobody said criminals would be gone and all the cartels would leave. Who said that? I'm saying these drug wars, even in America would likely decrease because their won't be in high demand since it's already legal here. You certainly do not have to take my word for it.

And yes, let people do what the hell they want. That's always been more argument, but i'm using the cartel argument because 1. It makes sense, and 2. It's a real possibility. I'll let you believe what you want.

Comment

I'd agree as long as people don;'t start showing up at work stoned and driving under the influence we should be good ....

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                  I'd agree as long as people don;'t start showing up at work stoned and driving under the influence we should be good ....
                  or start saying "BRO, I AM SOOO HIGH MAN LOL 420 LOL"

potheads are lowkey annoying.
                  yes, me included.
                  shut up.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    All this from the same girl who cant pay for fantasy because shes "sick" (addicted to marijuana)and needed her "medicine"
                    I don't disagree with her stance. I disagree with how it's being framed and supported.

I just don't see any distinction between speculating on what will happen to cartels from legalization to what will happen to "family values," "our country's global standing," or any other big institution in this country. And, just in general, I have no faith in legislation to fix anything of note. Not substantially, at least.

I operate from the mafia maxim, "just work on removing the pebble in your shoe," so right now I see no purpose in incarcerating people over petty drug offenses, and accordingly wouldn't mind seeing some reform (despite my lack of faith in its viability). What happens afterwards? Who the hell knows. Decisions like that have ecological effects. I won't sit here an theorize to that effect, because I view it as an exercise in futility.

I'd imagine it's entertaining, doe.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                      I don't think it'd be a vastly bigger issue than it already is, or anymore than it already is with alcohol too.

Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                      or start saying "BRO, I AM SOOO HIGH MAN LOL 420 LOL"

potheads are lowkey annoying.
                      yes, me included.
                      shut up.
                      #myfear

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                        All this from the same girl who cant pay for fantasy because shes "sick" (addicted to marijuana)and needed her "medicine"
                        not to get into my medical history, but...

there are different types of inhalers for different needs...one of the ones I recently had to purchase and needed was $47 and that's with insurance. I paid out of pocket for that, not mommy and daddy.

and before some derp come and questions me about it...NO, WEED DOES NOT MAKE ASTHMA/BRONCHITIS WORSE. THIS IS ALL ABOUT ALLERGIES.

Comment

I don't disagree with her stance.
                          whew

Comment

• fun stuff :-)

Comment

• oh yeah, then I had to get prednisone, which blew my ****ing face up. God I hate steroids.
                              Then I got another inhaler and then some allergy medicine. My total came out to like...$58.

Comment

not to get into my medical history, but...

there are different types of inhalers for different needs...one of the ones I recently had to purchase and needed was $47 and that's with insurance. I paid out of pocket for that, not mommy and daddy.

and before some derp come and questions me about it...NO, WEED DOES NOT MAKE ASTHMA/BRONCHITIS WORSE. THIS IS ALL ABOUT ALLERGIES.
                                sooo defensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X