• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    sooo defensive.
    well yeah, asthma isn't cheap.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
      Why? There are hundreds of articles and discussion that support the idea that drug cartels would lose a lot of its firepower. Nobody said criminals would be gone and all the cartels would leave. Who said that? I'm saying these drug wars, even in America would likely decrease because their won't be in high demand since it's already legal here. You certainly do not have to take my word for it.

And yes, let people do what the hell they want. That's always been more argument, but i'm using the cartel argument because 1. It makes sense, and 2. It's a real possibility. I'll let you believe what you want.
      Well, I don't need any convincing that there are plenty of people speciously theorizing to that effect. And tbh, it's harmless to do so, so I really don't care. Current policy today just seems too damn arbitrary.

From a health standpoint, you have cigarettes absolutely wrecking people.

From an impairment standpoint, there's still alcohol everywhere.

Frankly, we can't know what will happen (and I think it's very hard to make the case that bad **** will happen without falling prey to the narrative fallacy) until it happens. From a prospective and probabilistic standpoint, I think the case for legalization is fairly clean-cut and convex in terms of payoffs; low-risk, high-reward. That's just me, though.
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
        Well, I don't need any convincing that there are plenty of people speciously theorizing to that effect. And tbh, it's harmless to do so, so I really don't care. Current policy today just seems too damn arbitrary.

From a health standpoint, you have cigarettes absolutely wrecking people.

From an impairment standpoint, there's still alcohol everywhere.

Frankly, we can't know what will happen (and I think it's very hard to make the case that bad **** will happen without falling prey to the narrative fallacy) until it happens. From a prospective and probabilistic standpoint, I think it's fairly clean-cut and convex in terms of payoffs; low-risk, high-reward. That's just me, though.
        Fair enough.

Yes, I agree with all the obvious points above. In conclusion, I'm sick of the war on drugs.

**** isn't even a drug.

Comment

• HANNAH MONTANA

Comment

Well hold on...there are ways you can regulate it. Let's look at D.C.

If you're over 21, you are allowed to use it for recreational use on your own property, and you are allowed to have 3 plants minimum.
            If you are under 21 and are found with pot, the cops confiscate it and you have to show proof you are over age 21 to get it back If not, it's there's and you may be ticketed. .

If you're over 21 and the cops take your weed, in order to retrieve
            On what planet is that cheaper and simpler than just keeping it illegal? If you are going to make it legal to save money, make it legal. Don't make it legal and then spend more trying to control it than you were trying to stop it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
              On what planet is that cheaper and simpler than just keeping it illegal? If you are going to make it legal to save money, make it legal. Don't make it legal and then spend more trying to control it than you were trying to stop it.
              Oh

I didn't know that you knew

the cost of regulated marijuana use

in DC

never..never knew

infinite wisdom.

YOU'RE PROBABLY AN ANNOYING BABY BOOMER

Comment

• and yes, I agree..make it legal and leave it alone but that's more than likely not going to happen it the early stages. I highly doubt they would just make it legal everywhere without SOME form of regulation.......at first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  Just decriminalize.
                  But don't encourage. No friggin pot stores. The world is ****ed up enough.
                  Probably the best idea.

Comment

Probably the best idea.
                    hell no

i'm not paying a $100 fine because I smoked a blunt. Hell ****ing no.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                      I'd agree as long as people don;'t start showing up at work stoned and driving under the influence we should be good ....
                      They already do and they already are

Comment

well yeah, asthma isn't cheap.
                        You paid to get asthma? Most people get it for free.

Comment

hell no

Do you understand the concept of "decriminalize"?

You must be high.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

You paid to get asthma? Most people get it for free.
                            nah I pay for it, homie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              Do you understand the concept of "decriminalize"?

You must be high.
                              Jesus Christ

Decriminalization just means you won't be charged for possession. They can still issue a ticket.
                              Virginia recently decriminalized it, that means if I get caught with weed, I won't go to jail. However, they give out fines....$100 fines.
                              You only get charged if you have an ounce or more.

So yeah, I'm not paying a ****ing ticket for smoking either.

Comment

hell no

Then don't smoke the blunt. As you said, it is all about choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X