This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    Then don't smoke the blunt. As you said, it is all about choices.
    No.

Legalize it. (it will be legalized in about 5 years anyway).
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Probably the best idea.
      yeah I agree I think that's the process the states will start taking eventually over time more and more states will legalize sale and of coarse tax it like they do cigs
      Last edited by byron; 11-04-2015, 10:47 PM.

Comment

They already do and they already are
        yeah its been going on since like forever.....

Comment

• #ban0820
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
            #ban0820
            Now

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              All this from the same girl who cant pay for fantasy because shes "sick" (addicted to marijuana)and needed her "medicine"
              idk why....but I laughed so hard at this lol.
              It would have been even funnier if you said "addicted to The Marijuana" instead.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                I'd agree as long as people don;'t start showing up at work stoned and driving under the influence we should be good ....
                lol, well, the social norms of not working under the influence would still be in place, as well as laws prohibiting driving under the influence.
                On that app Mobile Patrol I laugh when I see the arrests for Operating a motor vehicle under the influence of drugs.....because since they only ticket for small possession now, people are just arrested for actually BEING high instead. ......and people are dumb.....

edit - I mean in NY anyway, youre ticketed for possession as opposed to charged with a crime.(under a certain weight anyway)
                Last edited by JPizzack; 11-05-2015, 09:44 AM.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

On what planet is that cheaper and simpler than just keeping it illegal? If you are going to make it legal to save money, make it legal. Don't make it legal and then spend more trying to control it than you were trying to stop it.
                  because there is way too much money spent on trying to prevent the distribution of it, and that doesn't even scratch the surface of how much tax $ it costs to keep someone incarcerated for extended periods of time.
                  I obviously wouldn't know the hard numbers behind it, but safe to assume it would be significantly cheaper to regulate it if they were going that route.

I don't even know if I have a real stance on this issue. I'm mostly pro-legalization if there's income benefits, which appears to be the case in places it's legal.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                    and yes, I agree..make it legal and leave it alone but that's more than likely not going to happen it the early stages. I highly doubt they would just make it legal everywhere without SOME form of regulation.......at first.
                    There's no way our government would legalize without trying to profit on it.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                      There's no way our government would legalize without trying to profit on it.
                      Bingo. Which is why it remains illegal

Comment

Actually, I'd argue that's why they'd WANT to.....but hey...what do I know...
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

The social consequences of use are far more devistating than the benefits from taxation....which are friggin minimal.

My daughter lives in Colorado and she says the opinions there regarding legalization have changed completely. She said if they had another referendum they would ban it again.
                          Be careful what you ask for......
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                            I don't disagree with her stance. I disagree with how it's being framed and supported.

I just don't see any distinction between speculating on what will happen to cartels from legalization to what will happen to "family values," "our country's global standing," or any other big institution in this country. And, just in general, I have no faith in legislation to fix anything of note. Not substantially, at least.

I operate from the mafia maxim, "just work on removing the pebble in your shoe," so right now I see no purpose in incarcerating people over petty drug offenses, and accordingly wouldn't mind seeing some reform (despite my lack of faith in its viability). What happens afterwards? Who the hell knows. Decisions like that have ecological effects. I won't sit here an theorize to that effect, because I view it as an exercise in futility.

I'd imagine it's entertaining, doe.
                            Im on the fence. Could be good, could be bad. But like you said, rudy started the discussion by insinuating that drug cartels would disappear which I completely disagree with.
                            And please dont try and dispute that Rudes. "Now all the U.S. has to do is legalize it, and no more drug cartels and gang wars"

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              The social consequences of use are far more devistating than the benefits from taxation....which are friggin minimal.

My daughter lives in Colorado and she says the opinions there regarding legalization have changed completely. She said if they had another referendum they would ban it again.
                              Be careful what you ask for......
                              Why would they ban it again? Did she elaborate on why?

Apparently 70% of the country doesn't agree with you.
                              What are the devestating social consequences of a harmless plant? Would they be as devestating as alcohol or cigarettes?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                                Im on the fence. Could be good, could be bad. But like you said, rudy started the discussion by insinuating that drug cartels would disappear which I completely disagree with.
                                And please dont try and dispute that Rudes. "Now all the U.S. has to do is legalize it, and no more drug cartels and gang wars"
                                So everyone's beef is that they do not believe drug cartels and hustlers would suffer greatly if Americans were able to produce their own marijuana?
                                I don't see how that doesn't make sense, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X