This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
    Why would they ban it again? Did she elaborate on why?

Apparently 70% of the country doesn't agree with you.
    What are the devestating social consequences of a harmless plant? Would they be as devestating as alcohol or cigarettes?
    Youre saying 70% want to legalize? Link?

Ohio just struck down a legalization bill with 65% opposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...s-60/74334808/

Close to 60%
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        The social consequences of use are far more devistating than the benefits from taxation....which are friggin minimal.

My daughter lives in Colorado and she says the opinions there regarding legalization have changed completely. She said if they had another referendum they would ban it again.
        Be careful what you ask for......
        I have heard nothing about that at all. Sounds like conservative mumbo jumbo.
        Social consequences being devastating? Jeez....embellish much....?
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Why would they ban it again? Did she elaborate on why?

Apparently 70% of the country doesn't agree with you.
          What are the devestating social consequences of a harmless plant? Would they be as devestating as alcohol or cigarettes?
          There are several consequences statewide.

The biggest is that while traffic deaths are down in Colorado....traffic deaths where the driver tested positive for marijuana have doubled. Twice as many people are dead in Colorado as a product of legalization.
          There is a double digit increase in criminal arrests where the perp tested positive for pot.
          There is a double digit increase in students being expelled from college who test positive for pot.

This is just a few. There are many, many more.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

So everyone's beef is that they do not believe drug cartels and hustlers would suffer greatly if Americans were able to produce their own marijuana?
            I don't see how that doesn't make sense, but you're entitled to your opinion.
            Because its too simplistic. You think people are going to start growing their own. lol Im sure as hell not. Im still going to Antonio because Im lazy. Where will people in cities grow?
            If the government legalized it and decided to tax it, dealers will just lower their prices, the gov and drug lords will be competing against each other.
            If they legalize it, it going to hurt cartels no doubt about it, but theyll adjust and focus on harder drugs.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              As I said...I support decriminalization. But Colorado has turned pot into big business. And now special interests are involved in lobbying the legislature.

No one gives a **** about people. It all turns into corrupt bull****.

Comment

There are several consequences statewide.

The biggest is that while traffic deaths are down in Colorado....traffic deaths where the driver tested positive for marijuana have doubled. Twice as many people are dead in Colorado as a product of legalization.
                There is a double digit increase in criminal arrests where the perp tested positive for pot.
                There is a double digit increase in students being expelled from college who test positive for pot.

This is just a few. There are many, many more.
                There's a system in where they can test for pot while driving?
                I'm actually quite curious about this. Are you sure accidents and deaths are caused by the actual marijuana themselves? What about other drugs in their system? Why is marijuana strictly to blame? You realize you can smoke on Monday, and it can stay in your system on Friday. Doesn't mean you're high though. So i'm skeptical about that.

I've never ever heard of someone being expelled for pot. They were expelled for..posession of it? Or being high?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Yea, but what does it say that those numbers are ALL OVER the board in this country? Just because it's opposed one place, doesn't mean that opinion is the same % everywhere necessarily.

It should come as no surprise that MOST people are uneducated on MOST issues, so....take those numbers with a grain of salt I suppose....
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    Right. All of this is extremely vague.

I love the classic "he had pot in his sytstem."

Comment

As I said...I support decriminalization. But Colorado has turned pot into big business. And now special interests are involved in lobbying the legislature.

No one gives a **** about people. It all turns into corrupt bull****.
                      I can agree with some of that lol.
                      Like I mentioned earlier, there's no way governments would allow it without trying to turn a profit somehow.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

There's a system in where they can test for pot while driving?
                        I'm actually quite curious about this. Are you sure accidents and deaths are caused by the actual marijuana themselves? What about other drugs in their system? Why is marijuana strictly to blame? You realize you can smoke on Monday, and it can stay in your system on Friday. Doesn't mean you're high though. So i'm skeptical about that.

I've never ever heard of someone being expelled for pot. They were expelled for..posession of it? Or being high?
                        When they're dead? yes there is. It's called an autopsy. But you have put your finger on the problem. People impaired by pot are fearless when they get behind the wheel...because it IS very difficult to test when stopped. One of the exploding industries in Colo. is lawyers defending people arrested for DUI because the cops have to use judgement instead of on site tests.
                        So they have a crapload of fearless drivers under the influence behind the wheel. Is that better or worse for society.

Comment

Right. All of this is extremely vague.

I love the classic "he had pot in his sytstem."
                          Which is precisely the problem. The only way is a blood test. Which they essentially can't do. But when they're dead, they can test obviously. That is where those stats come from.

Comment

When they're dead? yes there is. It's called an autopsy. But you have put your finger on the problem. People impaired by pot are fearless when they get behind the wheel...because it IS very difficult to test when stopped. One of the exploding industries in Colo. is lawyers defending people arrested for DUI because the cops have to use judgement instead of on site tests.
                            So they have a crapload of fearless drivers under the influence behind the wheel. Is that better or worse for society.
                            Let me rephrase.

Just because you have pot in your system does not mean pot caused you to crash your car.
                            You cannot prove that pot makes people "fearless." Do you have something that support that?

Comment

Which is precisely the problem. The only way is a blood test. Which they essentially can't do. But when they're dead, they can test obviously. That is where those stats come from.
                              Having pot in your system does not mean it caused an accident.
                              As I said. You can smoke on Monday, and not smoke for the rest of the week, and it can still be in your system.
                              If I smoke on Monday, and decide to go somewhere on Friday completely sober, weed will still be detected, but that doesn't mean it influenced my driving or that I'm high.

You don't know how marijuana works.

Comment

Let me rephrase.

Just because you have pot in your system does not mean pot caused you to crash your car.
                                You cannot prove that pot makes people "fearless." Do you have something that support that?
                                Pot doesn't make them fearless. The fact that there are no tests makes them fearless. They know they can beat DUI charges even if they're wasted.

Comment

Working...
                                X