This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Pot doesn't make them fearless. The fact that there are no tests makes them fearless. They know they can beat DUI charges even if they're wasted.
    Yeah I don't agree with that. I don't agree that if pot is detected in your bloodstream that it caused the accident. Soo many things could have inflienced that. Speeding, drowsiness, mechanical problems..but strictly blaming pot in your system is a weak argument.

And I'm not getting your oh people are fearless behind the wheel because they can't get detected. Like...what lol.

More baby boomer whining.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• So on Tues. night, since we read that the Northern Lights might be visible, Nora and I went to find a clear spot to try to see.....we went to this park down near the Hudson river. There was a car at the bottom of the road. Turned out it was a park ranger. He immediately threw his little light bar on, and gets out of his car. He's like "you know you can't be here right?".
      she says "actually no we didn't, I just assumed since the gates were open we could"
      "Are you guys smoking?"
      I say "I have cigarettes"
      "You rollin something in there? Smells like pot in here"
      Nora laughs because 'rolling something' sounded funny since nobody says that, and says "no, we don't smoke that"
      "Are you sure you're not high? You reak of it right now. Maybe we should search for it."
      im like wtf? park rangers can search you? lmao
      She says to him "no. How about we just leave. It's not a big deal. You didn't even ask why we came down here. And if you did, you'd know that it was the nerdiest reason ever."
      "OK have a good night"

Most awkward interaction ever. Everything out of the guy's mouth was so cringe worthy lol

edit - neither of us smoke....maybe once a year, if that.

edit # 2 - it concerns me that a person in a position of authority cant tell the difference in smells between cig smoke and pot smoke. /sigh
      Last edited by JPizzack; 11-05-2015, 09:42 AM.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
        Yeah I don't agree with that. I don't agree that if pot is detected in your bloodstream that it caused the accident. Soo many things could have inflienced that. Speeding, drowsiness, mechanical problems..but strictly blaming pot in your system is a weak argument.

And I'm not getting your oh people are fearless behind the wheel because they can't get detected. Like...what lol.

So lets review this because you are not following me.
        Since legalization, traffic deaths where the driver had pot in their system have doubled. How do you explain this? Are there double the mechanical problems since 2009?
        It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          So on Tues. night, since we read that the Northern Lights might be visible, Nora and I went to find a clear spot to try to see.....we went to this park down near the Hudson river. There was a car at the bottom of the road. Turned out it was a park ranger. He immediately threw his little light bar on, and gets out of his car. He's like "you know you can't be here right?".
          she says "actually no we didn't, I just assumed since the gates were open we could"
          "Are you guys smoking?"
          I say "I have cigarettes"
          "You rollin something in there? Smells like pot in here"
          Nora laughs because 'rolling something' sounded funny since nobody says that, and says "no, we don't smoke that"
          "Are you sure you're not high? You reak of it right now. Maybe we should search for it."
          im like wtf? park rangers can search you? lmao
          She says to him "no. How about we just leave. It's not a big deal. You didn't even ask why we came down here. And if you did, you'd know that it was the nerdiest reason ever."
          "OK have a good night"

Most awkward interaction ever. Everything out of the guy's mouth was so cringe worthy lol

edit - neither of us smoke....maybe once a year, if that.

edit # 2 - it concerns me that a person in a position of authority cant tell the difference in smells between cig smoke and pot smoke. /sigh
          First of all cops can sense that you are a bad seed.

Secondly, you miss the point completely. As a matter of fact you are making my point for me. There IS no test for pot. Since this is the case, drivers in Colo. are far less concerned about being high and getting behind the wheel. Which makes driving in Colorado more dangerous.

Comment

First of all cops can sense that you are a bad seed.

Secondly, you miss the point completely. As a matter of fact you are making my point for me. There IS no test for pot. Since this is the case, drivers in Colo. are far less concerned about being high and getting behind the wheel. Which makes driving in Colorado more dangerous.
            lol maybe...but I'm one of the good guys! They should know that!
            I took it as more of a "wrong place wrong time" situation. But the guy didn't even ask what we were doing there....just asked if we were high lol. I've literally NEVER been asked that before in my life. I blame Nora's drug-dealer-looking Mercedes.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

So lets review this because you are not following me.
              Since legalization, traffic deaths where the driver had pot in their system have doubled. How do you explain this? Are there double the mechanical problems since 2009?
              You're trying to link car accidents with pot. And i'm going to say it again,

Just because one had pot in their system does not mean it caused an accident or caused them to crash. I don't know how else to tell you.
              correlation does not equal causation.
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Just because one had pot in their system does not mean it caused an accident or caused them to crash. I don't know how else to tell you.
                just because one has alcohol in their system does not mean it caused an accident or caused them to crash...maybe some wasted on pot driver ran a light in front of the drunk driver ?

Comment

I think he understands your point.....
                  but HIS point, is that regardless of the CAUSE of the accident, the people who are testing with it in their system has doubled, and it's likely due to increases use. Doesn't matter whos at fault, or if the person was high 4 days ago, just that the number of dead people who had it in their system has increased apparently.

Could be a statistically anomaly, OR it could mean that more stupid people are doing really stupid things.
                  And as they say....ya can't fix stupid.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• so it will come down to what level of THC in the blood stream is an acceptable level to operate motor vehicle ...or are they just going to let people drive stoned ? hell suck on one while driving will that be allowable ?

Comment

I think he understands your point.....
                      but HIS point, is that regardless of the CAUSE of the accident, the people who are testing with it in their system has doubled, and it's likely due to increases use. Doesn't matter whos at fault, or if the person was high 4 days ago, just that the number of dead people who had it in their system has increased apparently.

Could be a statistically anomaly, OR it could mean that more stupid people are doing really stupid things.
                      And as they say....ya can't fix stupid.
                      which is why they would have to have laws on the books and a way to test for its use ...

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                        so it will come down to what level of THC in the blood stream is an acceptable level to operate motor vehicle ...or are they just going to let people drive stoned ? hell suck on one while driving will that be allowable ?
                        Takes too long to test, so they can't do it on the fly. That's the problem, as MH was saying.
                        You could argue that it's a problem with ANY substance that causes a person to become intoxicated in one way or another though.
                        I might be hacking up a lung, and could drink a whole large bottle of ****ing Robutussin, and be tripping balls.....but it's not like you can test for that
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Takes too long to test, so they can't do it on the fly. That's the problem, as MH was saying.
                          You could argue that it's a problem with ANY substance that causes a person to become intoxicated in one way or another though.
                          I might be hacking up a lung, and could drink a whole large bottle of ****ing Robutussin, and be tripping balls.....but it's not like you can test for that
                          when I first started driving if they suspected you were under the influence they took you to the hospital for a blood test ...I'm not sure why that practice stopped

Comment

and the a pot head crying ... I want my maypo !!
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PI5fWtFHPU

Comment

Just because I drank a bottle of Jamie and caused a car accident doesnt mean it was the Jamie............ Do you hear how ridiculous you sound?

Comment

So what could explain the doubling of fatalities where pot is in the system of the dead driver?

Comment

Working...
                                X