This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    Yea, but what does it say that those numbers are ALL OVER the board in this country? Just because it's opposed one place, doesn't mean that opinion is the same % everywhere necessarily.

It should come as no surprise that MOST people are uneducated on MOST issues, so....take those numbers with a grain of salt I suppose....
    Which is why it should be left up to the states imo

Comment

• My bottom line is that I think it should be decriminalized. That's the Libertarian in me.
      But the state has gone way beyond that. They are sanctioning pot stores and taxing it. They are contributing to the process. That is a bridge too far.
      That is potentially destructive. And the human toll can't be ignored in Colorado...no matter what rationalizations Rudy tries to employ.

Because that's all it is. The bottom line is that folks who smoke pot want it legal because they smoke pot. It's not about drug cartels, or increased tax revenues. They just want what they want. And the unintended consequences need to be dismissed because they.....well.....want what they want.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Nora definitely wears the pants js
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Just because I drank a bottle of Jamie and caused a car accident doesnt mean it was the Jamie............ Do you hear how ridiculous you sound?
          lmao....she's probably not wording it the way she wants to.
          Her point (and I'm not sure it's a good one cuz statistically it's a sound argument) is that since marijuana stays in your system for an extended period of time, doesn't mean you were high at the time of an accident.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

So on Tues. night, since we read that the Northern Lights might be visible, Nora and I went to find a clear spot to try to see.....we went to this park down near the Hudson river. There was a car at the bottom of the road. Turned out it was a park ranger. He immediately threw his little light bar on, and gets out of his car. He's like "you know you can't be here right?".
            she says "actually no we didn't, I just assumed since the gates were open we could"
            "Are you guys smoking?"
            I say "I have cigarettes"
            "You rollin something in there? Smells like pot in here"
            Nora laughs because 'rolling something' sounded funny since nobody says that, and says "no, we don't smoke that"
            "Are you sure you're not high? You reak of it right now. Maybe we should search for it."
            im like wtf? park rangers can search you? lmao
            She says to him "no. How about we just leave. It's not a big deal. You didn't even ask why we came down here. And if you did, you'd know that it was the nerdiest reason ever."
            "OK have a good night"

Most awkward interaction ever. Everything out of the guy's mouth was so cringe worthy lol

edit - neither of us smoke....maybe once a year, if that.

edit # 2 - it concerns me that a person in a position of authority cant tell the difference in smells between cig smoke and pot smoke. /sigh
            Pizz needs to keep reminding us hes getting snizz on the reg.

We get it!

Comment

Which is why it should be left up to the states imo
              which I agree with.....but it's still a strange concept to me that you have to change the rules you live by, depending on where you go within the same country.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Her point (and I'm not sure it's a good one cuz statistically it's a sound argument) is that since marijuana stays in your system for an extended period of time, doesn't mean you were high at the time of an accident.
                It's nothing but a rationalization Pizz.
                There is no reason that traffic deaths should double for people who have it in their system. One or two accidents can be dismissed as anomalies. 6 years of stats can't be. Unless your argument is that pot didn't stay in your system as long before 2009.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Pizz needs to keep reminding us hes getting snizz on the reg.

We get it!
                  haha....I just thought it fit in with our discussion.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I think he understands your point.....
                    but HIS point, is that regardless of the CAUSE of the accident, the people who are testing with it in their system has doubled, and it's likely due to increases use. Doesn't matter whos at fault, or if the person was high 4 days ago, just that the number of dead people who had it in their system has increased apparently.

Could be a statistically anomaly, OR it could mean that more stupid people are doing really stupid things.
                    And as they say....ya can't fix stupid.
                    Ok and so what? Ok people had pot in their system the time of the accident.

That tells us what? Are you telling me there is sufficient evidence to blame pot for these accidents?
                    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      There is no reason that traffic deaths should double for people who have it in their system. One or two accidents can be dismissed as anomalies. 6 years of stats can't be. Unless your argument is that pot didn't stay in your system as long before 2009.
                      And where are these stats BTW

Comment

lol i'm on your side of the argument. I think she's just looking for you to say "yes, it's not 100% accurate, but..." instead of just telling her she's wrong. Because she does make a point. Granted it's a point that is probably not valid since it honestly just makes sense to me that more undisciplined people smoking means more people making terrible decisions
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

My bottom line is that I think it should be decriminalized. That's the Libertarian in me.
                          But the state has gone way beyond that. They are sanctioning pot stores and taxing it. They are contributing to the process. That is a bridge too far.
                          That is potentially destructive. And the human toll can't be ignored in Colorado...no matter what rationalizations Rudy tries to employ.

Because that's all it is. The bottom line is that folks who smoke pot want it legal because they smoke pot. It's not about drug cartels, or increased tax revenues. They just want what they want. And the unintended consequences need to be dismissed because they.....well.....want what they want.
                          Lol you guys took ONE point I made and then went haywire. Jesus.

I want to smoke pot because I want to. That's clearly obvious and you guys already know that. The drug cartel thing is another point I was trying to make. I

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                            Nora definitely wears the pants js
                            fo sho

Comment

haha....I just thought it fit in with our discussion.
                              Did you see the northern lights, I forgot.

Comment

Morehead is saying car accidents have doubled in Colorado.
                                He's saying that those who caused the accidents had pot in their system.
                                Thus, he's coming to the conclusion that those who got in these accidents were the result of pot use.

Comment

Working...
                                X