This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    It means that across the NFL the running game isn't what it used to be. In the past, RB were a core component of the offensive attack. These days on many teams they are an afterthought. Instead of having one guy that will rack up 80 to 100 yards per game, RBs are used situationally and the work horse back has mostly vanished from the NFL. While you used to see 30+ rushing attempts a game it is not rare to find teams rushing fewer than 20 times. The NFL has changed and the run which used to be a staple of the NFL has become an afterthought or maybe a supporting role and not the key component of the game anymore. You really haven't been paying attention have you?
    Tell that to the Pitt, KC, ATL, Jets, Vikings, Dallas would be running heavy as well
    Tired of this myth that since rbs arent getting the carries they used to theyre are now irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      Right now I have to run to the bank and empty it.

I'll be back shortly with a poll about favorite deli meats. You don't want to miss that.
      Roast beef.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Tell that to the Pitt, KC, ATL, Jets, Vikings, Dallas would be running heavy as well
        Tired of this myth that since rbs arent getting the carries they used to theyre are now irrelevant.
        Just because dudes are breaking runs off doesn't mean they'd keep going back to the well if it didn't. It's working for them, and that's good.

PS - Jets run game is just as bad as ours, so I know youre just trying to make **** up.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          effin' A I hate Bill Burr......he's not funny, people just think he's hilarious because he screams all the time. So if that's part of your act, I get it....but you should probably be funny if your job is being a comedian. My friends are going to MSG to see him next week, and I've never been happier about saving that waste of money lol
          Bill Burr is great. Who are your favorite comedians?
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Aside from Dane Cook
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• If you like Dane Cook, kill yourself and then do it again.
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I didn't say they were irrelevant. Just not every team uses the running game as an offensive weapon anymore. The running game can be very effective, in fact moreso now because so many defenses are set up to stop the pass first these days. But there was a time not long ago that nearly every team had a primary back that carried the workload and was a key component of the offense. That just isn't the case anymore. You can call the reduced role of the running game a myth all you want, but it doesn't make it so.

Comment

• Dane Cook is horrendously unfunny.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    Just because dudes are breaking runs off doesn't mean they'd keep going back to the well if it didn't. It's working for them, and that's good.

PS - Jets run game is just as bad as ours, so I know youre just trying to make **** up.
                    Tell that to Ivory

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                      Bill Burr is great. Who are your favorite comedians?
                      I'd prob say Louis CK is my favorite in recent years.
                      Oh, and Jim Jefferies too.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

And in how many of those games did the defense score, like yesterday?

Defense kept them out of the endzone until the 4th and recovered two fumbles.

Yes it did. Once again the defense got fortunate/skillful breaks that served to ameliorate their poor play. Those TOs are not gifts for the offense or great game changing plays, they're more like sigh of relief, whew!-type moments.

Comment

Tell that to Ivory
                          Giants - Jets
                          Att: 229 - 241
                          Yards: 870 - 922
                          Y/A: 3.8 - 3.8
                          TD: 3 - 8
                          1st D: 45-48

Looks pretty comparable to me.

Comment

Tell that to Ivory
                            23 carries for 26 yards, Ivory? That guy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                              23 carries for 26 yards, Ivory? That guy?
                              He has a long of 54, but his numbers, 3.9 y/a, 77.7 y/g...not all that impressive, not bad, but not great either.

Comment

• SUN SUN SUN HERE WE COME
                                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X