This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
    This also makes no sense as India is only a portion of what it's around. But you already know that...
    No, it makes sense as India is at least attached to it....putting "American" into the name at all has no relation to its geographic location. I can't say I know why they chose to name it the Indian Ocean, but it has been called that for a long time and changing it to "Native American Ocean" has no logical sense to it at all. If you are offended by its name call it something else, but your suggestion is just stupid.

Comment

• It's fine. I'm not optimistic about the treatment being successful, tbqh imo

Comment

Joseph Goldstein, "Mindfulness"
        That is a good book, I should read it again.

Comment

Sssshhhh, we're teaching her that literalism and pedantry are in general, ****-blockers to comedy.
          Depends on your point of view. If you wish to amuse others, you may be right, if you wish to amuse yourself, you may be very wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
            No, it makes sense as India is at least attached to it....putting "American" into the name at all has no relation to its geographic location. I can't say I know why they chose to name it the Indian Ocean, but it has been called that for a long time and changing it to "Native American Ocean" has no logical sense to it at all. If you are offended by its name call it something else, but your suggestion is just stupid.

By that logic it should be the Tasmanian Ocean or Somlian Ocean or even the China Ocean. But that logic is not only facile, it's not even slightly amusing, so....PASS.

Comment

Depends on your point of view. If you wish to amuse others, you may be right, if you wish to amuse yourself, you may be very wrong.
              what is this amusing others of which you speak?

Comment

By that logic it should be the Tasmanian Ocean or Somlian Ocean or even the China Ocean. But that logic is not only facile, it's not even slightly amusing, so....PASS.
                What?....You are suggesting renaming it...fine, rename it I don't care, but if you are going to do that don't name it related to something on the other side of the planet. Call it any one of those if you wish, but I don't see how that would be any better than just keeping the name the same.

Comment

what is this amusing others of which you speak?
                  That would be comedy is.

Comment

• My boogers are way too salty today
                    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

What?....You are suggesting renaming it...fine, rename it I don't care, but if you are going to do that don't name it related to something on the other side of the planet.

I thought you said you didn't care? Geez Louise, for someone who claims not to care, you really, really, really seem to care greatly tbph imo

Comment

• her name is Louise?? I would have never guessed that....
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

That would be comedy is.
                          no, no, no amusing oneself is paramount, amusing others? meh

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            her name is Louise?? I would have never guessed that....

of course, no one uses their real name on the imterwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                              her name is Louise?? I would have never guessed that....
                              Pitiful
                              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                                Pitiful
                                What??! I was trying to say something she would! =\
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Working...
                                X