X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Everybody knows that; we've all read Ball Four
    I had dinner with the author about 7 years ago. what a friggin lefty!
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I had dinner with the author about 7 years ago. what a friggin lefty!
      Yeah, he is.

Did you enjoy his company, other than his politics? I'd hope that he'd be funny, but I'd expect nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
        What kind of car
        heating system. It was actually the igniter. Idek if there are radiators in heating systems. Idek what a radiator is tbh.
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
          heating system. It was actually the igniter. Idek if there are radiators in heating systems. Idek what a radiator is tbh.
          most water systems today have baseboard fin type elements that disperse the heat, you could also you have a hot air system that simply heats air and blows it into the different rooms through registers .... either system could be gas, wood or oil fired and all need igniters .... two hundred bucks for matches would be a bit expensive....

igniters for gas or oil are fairly cheap say 20 to 30 dollars the rest would be labor ......
          Last edited by byron; 11-10-2015, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
            most water systems today have baseboard fin type elements that disperse the heat, you could also you have a hot air system that simply heats air and blows it into the different rooms through registers .... either system could be gas, wood or oil fired and all need igniters .... two hundred bucks for matches would be a bit expensive....
            i thought so too, that's why I talked him down to 197
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

igniters for gas or oil are fairly cheap say 20 to 30 dollars the rest would be labor ......
              I worked in Slant/Fin Engineering for 20 years. Hot surface or spark ignitors cost the manufacturer about 5 bucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                I worked in Slant/Fin Engineering for 20 years. Hot surface or spark ignitors cost the manufacturer about 5 bucks.
                yeah I looked quick on line I didn't want bum him out to bad ......haha

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                  i thought so too, that's why I talked him down to 197
                  haha good for you....I don't burn much oil 1/4 tank since last fall I do let them tune it up every couple years...

Comment

yeah I looked quick on line I didn't want bum him out to bad ......haha
                    Like many businesses, there's a whole racket going on with ripping off the end user, while the manufacturer and service company keep a lovely profit. With heating systems, it's extreme - due to most homeowners not taking an interest like they do in cars or other appliances. They just trust the service guy, and he gets free trips, ballgames and dinners from the manufactururs' reps. Along with $197 for brainless parts replacement that takes all of 10 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                      Like many businesses, there's a whole racket going on with ripping off the end user, while the manufacturer and service company keep a lovely profit. With heating systems, it's extreme - due to most homeowners not taking an interest like they do in cars or other appliances. They just trust the service guy, and he gets free trips, ballgames and dinners from the manufactururs' reps. Along with $197 for brainless parts replacement that takes all of 10 minutes.
                      Tell me about it.....I work for a bank, and the U.S. Dollar isn't even backed by anything. Tomorrow we could be told all that money youve saved is worth $0.00
                      talk about a racket!!
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Ban Starbucks because of their holiday cups!!!!!
                        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                          Yeah, he is.

Did you enjoy his company, other than his politics? I'd hope that he'd be funny, but I'd expect nothing.
                          My nephew helped him start an adult baseball league and he, his wife and me and my wife sat together for dinner at my nephew's police academy graduation party.
                          Jim and his wife were actually very nice people but it was about the time of Obama's first year in office. He was whining about "predatory lending" which is the dumbest thing in the world. The bank loans money, they refuse or can't pay it back and then the bank, which gets screwed is the bad guy.
                          But......I digress.......
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Slow West was a decent movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                              Ban Starbucks because of their holiday cups!!!!!
                              Is there really some sort of outrage about cups? What's the deal?
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                                Slow West was a decent movie.
                                I'll check it out. I'll watch anything with an IMDB rating over 6 lol
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X