• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    Whatever Ygritte.
    YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW!!!!!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW!!!!!
      So pissed about the ending of the last book. Is he ever coming out with the next?

Comment

Whatever Ygritte.
        Id pound that lass in thee ***.

Comment

So pissed about the ending of the last book. Is he ever coming out with the next?
          HBO already gave him a date. If it's not out, HBO is approaching unbooked territory and there's nothing he can do creatively to change their direction. That was in his contract.
          IMO, he's lazy. He already knows the ENTIRE ending of the series, despite him not actually writing it out. HBO knows how it ends from his telling. He's just not WRITING anything to get us there. So, it's all on him. Doesn't seem like he's holding up his end of the deal.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• And actually, there's another book AFTER "The Winds of Winter" called "A Dream of Spring"....so he's doubly ****ed lol

But wouldn't it be funny if he was like "HAHAHAAAAAA HERE ARE THE TWO BOOKS, MOTHER****ERS!!!!!" at the same time? lol
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

HBO already gave him a date. If it's not out, HBO is approaching unbooked territory and there's nothing he can do creatively to change their direction. That was in his contract.
              IMO, he's lazy. He already knows the ENTIRE ending of the series, despite him not actually writing it out. HBO knows how it ends from his telling. He's just not WRITING anything to get us there. So, it's all on him. Doesn't seem like he's holding up his end of the deal.
              IDC about the HBO series. I understand it is not in line with the books anyway. I want the next book. I only have 11 more books in the series I am on now, it better be done when I am or I will stamp my foot in outrage....and find another book.

Comment

And actually, there's another book AFTER "The Winds of Winter" called "A Dream of Spring"....so he's doubly ****ed lol

But wouldn't it be funny if he was like "HAHAHAAAAAA HERE ARE THE TWO BOOKS, MOTHER****ERS!!!!!" at the same time? lol
                No way would his publisher put out both at the same time.

Comment

• I heard the show doesnt follow the books 100%.

Comment

IDC about the HBO series. I understand it is not in line with the books anyway. I want the next book. I only have 11 more books in the series I am on now, it better be done when I am or I will stamp my foot in outrage....and find another book.
                    oh it's in line with the books.....UNTIL Martin stopped writing, and they had to go there own way to give the series continuity.
                    If the book isn't out soon, I'm just not going to read the last 2, I'll just stick with the show.

Oh, and please don't be one of those "it's not as good as the book" people. They are the worst, as if they have no concept of how 2 different art forms can vary to any degree.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

No way would his publisher put out both at the same time.
                      I know.....i'm just viewing him as being a troll.....since he looks like one.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                        I heard the show doesnt follow the books 100%.
                        first 3-4 seasons did for the most part.....meaning things that happened in the show happened in the books. they cant fit everything in the books into the show, so obviously things have to be left out.
                        After that though there was a lack of material from Martin, and since the last 2 seasons were based on "A Dance With Dragons", they gave Martin even MORE time to finish the next book, and he hasn't so....idk...
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• My guess is hes letting anticipation build by not doing anything.

Hes pulling a Maynard

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                            My guess is hes letting anticipation build by not doing anything.

Hes pulling a Maynard
                            idk what that means, but...probably not.

He basically is giving HBO complete control to "finish his books" before he does. And although there are going to be the book loyalists, soooooo many people are going to remember the show finished, and not read the last 2 books. You don't need 2 different forms of closure lol.
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

oh it's in line with the books.....UNTIL Martin stopped writing, and they had to go there own way to give the series continuity.
                              If the book isn't out soon, I'm just not going to read the last 2, I'll just stick with the show.

Oh, and please don't be one of those "it's not as good as the book" people. They are the worst, as if they have no concept of how 2 different art forms can vary to any degree.
                              I never watched the show, so I wouldn't know if it was better or not. I find most often that books are more enjoyable than movies, but I also enjoy reading more than watching a movie. But I enjoy listening to a book more than both. It all comes down to taste and preference. What I usually do is get copies of books on audio from my library and listen to them as I walk to and from work. Game of Thrones is the type of book I enjoy, but not the type of thing I watch on TV. If I had HBO, I might watch it anyway though, but I have no burning desire to do so.

Comment

first 3-4 seasons did for the most part.....meaning things that happened in the show happened in the books. they cant fit everything in the books into the show, so obviously things have to be left out.
                                After that though there was a lack of material from Martin, and since the last 2 seasons were based on "A Dance With Dragons", they gave Martin even MORE time to finish the next book, and he hasn't so....idk...
                                Looks like it will be out in early December based on a few rumors I just read.

Comment

Working...
                                X