This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    I mean, I'm glad he's on the roster I guess.....but I just don't see us using him at all unless we randomly went with 4 WR sets, which is not something we do often, if ever.
    Giants run some 4 wr sets. Well be able to run more now.
    And I wouldnt be surprised if we replaced Harris with Nicks near the goal line.

Comment

• Chooo POOWWW!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Giants run some 4 wr sets. Well be able to run more now.
        And I wouldnt be surprised if we replaced Harris with Nicks near the goal line.
        Why? He is behind both Davis and White on the depth chart. They could have gotten him instead of White earlier in the season. Loved Nicks but he is a shell of what he was now.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          Don't know why. I mean, I assume you'd see him about as much as you've seen Myles White lol.
          It was a depth signing, not someone whos going to take over for Randle or anything. Harris has been killing it, so the WR corps are solid at the moment.
          Here is why you are wrong. We aren't bringing in a guy to sit on the bench if he can't play ST's.
          Nicks was signed to get snaps.
          You know not of what you speak.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
            Why? He is behind both Davis and White on the depth chart.
            Is he though? We dont know that.

Comment

Is he though? We dont know that.
              If he was better than both of them, why didn't they sign him earlier in the season, at least over White.

Comment

If he was better than both of them, why didn't they sign him earlier in the season, at least over White.
                He is not behind those guys. You couldn't be more wrong. He wasn't signed because we were waiting for Cruz.
                Are you suggesting that it's a pure coincidence that Nicks was signed right after Cruz was put on IR?

Come on people. You don't bring in a veteran WR who doesn't play ST's unless you want him in your offense with a meaningful role.

Comment

Cause we thought Cruz would be back. Titans said he showed up to camp overweight but settled in and was making plays, then he hurt his leg again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    He is not behind those guys. You couldn't be more wrong. He wasn't signed because we were waiting for Cruz.
                    Are you suggesting that it's a pure coincidence that Nicks was signed right after Cruz was put on IR?

Come on people. You don't bring in a veteran WR who doesn't play ST's unless you want him in your offense with a meaningful role.
                    Ok, I get your logic here, but this isn't the first time the Giants are replacing a WR. Why not sign him to replace Parker when he was let go? Parker was the slot guy at the time, Cruz has been gone all year. Is Nicks ahead of Harris, Randle or OBJ? If he is, then signing not signing him earlier was dumb. If he isn't, he better play specials or he might not get a shirt on game day anyway.

Comment

Cause we thought Cruz would be back. Titans said he showed up to camp overweight but settled in and was making plays, then he hurt his leg again.
                      I don't see how Cruz matters here, not like Cruz was providing anything this season to be replaced. Unless you mean he is here to take Cruz's spot on the inactive list.

Comment

I don't see how Cruz matters here, not like Cruz was providing anything this season to be replaced. Unless you mean he is here to take Cruz's spot on the inactive list.
                        You dont see how Cruz matters? And like MH said the other two play STs. They had no need for him.

Comment

You dont see how Cruz matters? And like MH said the other two play STs. They had no need for him.
                          They still don't need him. The Giants generally dress 5 WRs. The top 3 and the other 2 play specials. If Nicks doesn't break the top 3 and doesn't play specials, when will he play? Right now he is insurance for injury. If he does break the top 3, the Giants were incredibly stupid for not signing him earlier in the season.

Comment

They still don't need him. The Giants generally dress 5 WRs. The top 3 and the other 2 play specials. If Nicks doesn't break the top 3 and doesn't play specials, when will he play? Right now he is insurance for injury. If he does break the top 3, the Giants were incredibly stupid for not signing him earlier in the season.
                            Like I said I think theyll bring him in when they get in the redzone.

Comment

Ok, I get your logic here, but this isn't the first time the Giants are replacing a WR. Why not sign him to replace Parker when he was let go? Parker was the slot guy at the time, Cruz has been gone all year. Is Nicks ahead of Harris, Randle or OBJ? If he is, then signing not signing him earlier was dumb. If he isn't, he better play specials or he might not get a shirt on game day anyway.
                              It's not a matter of being "ahead" of Harris. It's a matter of using 4WR packages that Nicks will undoubtedly be involved in. With Nicks leg problems I think it's reasonable to see him as a slot guy...where he doesn't have to beat press coverage. As soon as Cruz was lost, they signed Nicks. That's not a coincidence.
                              Who knows what's going to happen. Who knows if Nicks can stay healthy. But I promise you their plans are to get Nicks involved with the offense.

Comment

Like I said I think theyll bring him in when they get in the redzone.
                                Not if he doesn't dress. He has Corey Washington's role from last season.

Comment

Working...
                                X