This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    I think Iran is the biggest state sponsor of terror.
    I hear you, I wasnt implying that we do have friends over there. I was implying that we dont cause these people to hate us. They've hated us long before we started bombing terrorists, long before the 9/11, the USS Cole, Beirut, Iranians storming Embassies, ect. Hell, they probably hated the West before Lawrence of Arabia.
    When people say this, it sounds like they just want us to stop fighting and pretend the real bad guys dont exist and theyll never hurt us again, which is dumb.
    America does more for the people in this world than all other nations combined. Were not the bad guys as some would like others to believe.
    Edit: regarding Saudi, true but the Saudis listen to us and follow international law (human rights are joke though) for the most part. Theyre not starting **** with Isreal or anything like that. That wasnt so with Saddam.

Would you agree that scaling back is emboldening jihadist?
    Well I don't like Iran but I think Saudi is by far the bigger exporter of terrorism but we can leave that subject alone for now.

I also disagree with the notion that a guy somewhere in Yemen or Libya wants to commit suicide because a girl in Ohio is getting education or a guy in New Jersey is drinking alcohol. This notion that they hate you for your "freedom" has been debunked repeatedly by former CIA directors. They hate you for your meddling in their world, for supporting dictators like Mubarak, the Saudi monarchy, the Shah in Iran who treated his people like garbage (and then you wonder why they overthrew him and because a theocracy), and of course the unconditional support for Israel is the icing on the cake.

Iran, which American conservatives hate so much is a perfect example. They had a president named Mozadeh, he was moderate. But the US wanted to subsidize their oil so they supported a coup to overthrow him and put in the Shah who treated his ppl like crap but offered the US cheap oil. Eventually the Iranians felt like religion was the only way out and then you got the 79 revolution and the crazy ayatollahs now running the show.

Had the US never got involved Iran wouldn't be what it is today. I'm not blaming Americans, on the contrary, most Americans understand what's going on. It's the US government, the CIA, and neocon think tanks and politicians who are responsible for this mess.

At this point it's best to just leave and focus on paying back your 17 trillion dollars debt. At least on this point alone a conservative such as yourself should agree with a libertarian like me.
    Last edited by egyptian420; 11-25-2015, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• My mistake she wanted to ban people from using the word "bossy".

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
        Dude, Saudi Arabia is the single biggest exporter of global terrorism. Just because this isn't talked about in western media doesn't mean there isn't an international uproar about this. Do any basic research and you will see this.

Regardless of how evil Saddam and Gaddafi were, they kept their countries stable and free of terrorism. It's kind of hypocritical when you invade a regime because they're "evil" and then support even more evil regimes in the Gulf like Saudi Arabia.

Also, the "people" you supported in Libya, were they the ones who dragged Gaddafi out in the street and sodomized him and executed him on camera constituting a war crime? Or was it the Libyan rebel commander Hakeem whoever who is now a commander of ISIS in Syria? The truth is most of these "rebels" and so called freedom fighters (at least the ones who are armed) are international religious mercenaries waging jihad. They only get the West's support when they are overthrowing regimes not friendly to the West. If they messed with Israel I guarantee you they wouldn't be called "moderates".

Face it man, you have no friends over there. Take it from me, it's either religious madmen barbarians or military dictators. I personally prefer the latter.

In any case, it serves the US' best interest to stay the he'll out of there and let the people of that region sort it out among themselves. If Russia and it's terrible economy wants to get involved, let them pay the price they're already paying right now. Isn't this what being conservative should be? Apparently not with these neocons running for the GOP. Rand Paul is the only one on that stage who understands what the hell is going on out there.

Don't ever make another post like that again, regardless of how right you are.

I'm 'merican; I prefer to be strident and uninformed, thank you very much.

Politics is the work of the devil. Everybody knows that.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            To use some simple terminology, the US is like a bully. We show up wherever we feel there's a problem(though 90% of the time its because we have ulterior motives), we **** up a place's culture, or ignore it completely. We put our military everywhere we think these problems are, we then spend money to train "rebels" to overthrow the problem....and we leave, but in reality, all we really did was make more enemies for meddling in the affairs of others.
            So, now you have this bully who just kicked your ***.......but instead of being a little bizznatch, they are going to start using our own tactics against us. That's where extremists come in.
            So yea, I do feel we cause a lot of our own problems because our military presence and our "intelligence" makes horrible ****ing decisions just to further their agenda, and take what they want.
            You sir..... You give me hope

Comment

Oh come on, that score is way too high.

Comment

I think Iran is the biggest state sponsor of terror.
                I hear you, I wasnt implying that we do have friends over there. I was implying that we dont cause these people to hate us. They've hated us long before we started bombing terrorists, long before the 9/11, the USS Cole, Beirut, Iranians storming Embassies, ect. Hell, they probably hated the West before Lawrence of Arabia.
                When people say this, it sounds like they just want us to stop fighting and pretend the real bad guys dont exist and theyll never hurt us again, which is dumb.
                America does more for the people in this world than all other nations combined. Were not the bad guys as some would like others to believe.
                Edit: regarding Saudi, true but the Saudis listen to us and follow international law (human rights are joke though) for the most part. Theyre not starting **** with Isreal or anything like that. That wasnt so with Saddam.

Would you agree that scaling back is emboldening jihadist?

If all the rebels in the world all got together, what exactly could they do to the US? Throw rocks from the Middle East at us?

What realistic military threat did Iraq pose to the US when we declared war on it? None actually. We're a meddlesome people with imperialistic ideas. It's no wonder we're not popular with the other kids..

Comment

3s
                  How dare you?!?

(7s)

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                    I stand up everyday.
                    The floor around your toilet must be saturated.

Comment

You sir..... You give me hope

Now I understand your reluctance to declare your girlfriend you clever ******* you...

Comment

Well I don't like Iran but I think Saudi is by far the bigger exporter or terrorism but we can leave that subject alone for now.

I also disagree with the notion that a guy somewhere in Yemen or Libya wants to commit suicide because a girl in Ohio is getting education or a guy in New Jersey is drinking alcohol. This notion that they hate you for your "freedom" has been debunked repeatedly by former CIA directors. They hate you for your meddling in their world, for supporting dictators like Mubarak, the Saudi monarchy, the Shah in Iran who treated his people like garbage (and then you wonder why they overthrew him and because a theocracy), and of course the unconditional support for Israel is the icing on the cake.

Iran which American conservatives hate so much is a perfect example. They had a president named Mozadeh, he was moderate. But the US wanted to subsidize their oil so they supported a coup to overthrow him and put in the Shah who treated his ppl like crap but offered the US cheap oil. Eventually the Iranians felt like religion was the only way out and then you got the 79 revolution and the crazy ayatollahs now running the show.

Had the US never got involved Iran wouldn't be what it is today. I'm not blaming Americans, on the contrary, most Americans understand what's going on. It's the US government, the CIA, and neocon think tanks and politicians who are responsible for this mess.

At this point it's best to just leave and focus on paying back your 17 trillion dollars debt. At least on this point a conservative such as yourself should agree with a libertarian like me.
                        Thats not what Im saying. Like you said, they mostly hate us because of our support of Israel. Thats obvious. And it wasnt a neocon that was in charge when that coup took place, and it wasnt a neocon in charge during the revolution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                          If all the rebels in the world all got together, what exactly could they do to the US? Throw rocks from the Middle East at us?

What realistic military threat did Iraq pose to the US when we declared war on it? None actually. We're a meddlesome people with imperialistic ideas. It's no wonder we're not popular with the other kids..
                          Exactly what theyre trying to do now, infiltrate western countries, kill and cause as much chaos as possible.

Comment

My mistake she wanted to ban people from using the word "bossy".
                            Well excuuuuuuuse ME mrs. bossy pants!
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                              IMO, the worst part of ISIS, is that it ruined Archer lol
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

+7

Comment

Working...
                                X