• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That song is so hard

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Nobodies got **** on Adele.

dude, on youtube, there's this guy who recorded(meaning all vocals, guitars, drums) a metal-ish cover of that song......and I gotta say, it was phenomenal
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        popular music..or pop as you put it....is that way because labels have enough money to force feed the content. reach enough people, and you'll get a following that will piss away money on anything you put out. good example of capitalism I suppose. It's just horrible for the stale music industry, who for whatever reason doesn't understand that it's in their best interest to push out MULTIPLE artists/bands to reach those same amount of people, and hook more people on more content.
        Here is the REAL story about popular music.

Because all you thieving youngsters steal music, record companies can't afford to cultivate real talent anymore. With the emergence of Pro Tools, you can record a song cheaply. So they use formula oriented, market tested song structure and plug in (usually) talentless singers to play the part of "pop star"

These morons come and go and the music is incredibly unoriginal. No more bands like Queen. They are too expensive to invest in.

Instead you all get the crap you deserve. the crap you have all helped create.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Adele is overrated
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• No way, the gal can sing.

Comment

No way, the gal can sing.
              I never said she couldn't

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Here is the REAL story about popular music.

Because all you thieving youngsters steal music, record companies can't afford to cultivate real talent anymore. With the emergence of Pro Tools, you can record a song cheaply. So they use formula oriented, market tested song structure and plug in (usually) talentless singers to play the part of "pop star"

These morons come and go and the music is incredibly unoriginal. No more bands like Queen. They are too expensive to invest in.

Instead you all get the crap you deserve. the crap you have all helped create.
                I don't see how that's the fault of the fans. regardless of pirating(which is not as big of a problem as you'd think), they should be putting out quality if they want sales.

I don't see any legitimate band "following a formula oriented, market tested structure" to make music. Unless youre talking about Nickelback type garbage. I'd buy that that type of music would.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                  I don't see how that's the fault of the fans. regardless of pirating(which is not as big of a problem as you'd think), they should be putting out quality if they want sales.

I don't see any legitimate band "following a formula oriented, market tested structure" to make music. Unless youre talking about Nickelback type garbage. I'd buy that that type of music would.
                  I agree, talent is talent. Either record companies dont know real music, are lazy, or cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                    I never said she couldn't
                    She go hard yo. Harder than Tbunny.

Comment

I agree, talent is talent. Either record companies dont know real music, are lazy, or cheap.
                      pretty much.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• You know what needs to happen? Prem needs to pick a real good emcee or a few of them and do an album with them. Hes been sleeping lately and I find that unacceptable. He should do one every year.
                        He could single handily resurrect hip hop.

Comment

• Now I will say, when it comes to pop music, and mainstream hip-hop, Morehead is more than likely 100% correct. They are all about the money. So they take a person and throw them in a mold, and excrete "hit" singles that are written by an algorithm....
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• People buy music from people who are talented.

Look at Adele, although I think she is overrated, she's a talented singer. Went platinum the first week, and is the highest selling artist of 2015 (or one of them). The argument that it's the fans fault that music is the way it is, is a bit off base. People buy quality. If it's not quality, the ain't paying for it.

Comment

• I think there is too much elitist discussion on what "good" music is. If you enjoy listening to a 3 year old blow randomly into a ref's whistle, than listen to it and enjoy regardless of what others think.

Comment

• What REALLY set music back was the importance of "chart performance." Billboard chartcperformance and l of that stupidity. Which song is trending and the most popular. Nowadays people want to top the charts, and to top the charts, you need catchy songs people will repeatedly listen to over and over again. The trendier and catchier your song is, the faster it will climb up the charts and chart performance = more accolades and exposure for the artist.

Comment

Working...
                                X