Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Mara said he offered Tom Coughlin a job in the organization "in some capacity". Coughlin said he'd mull it over.

Comment

• Stephen A Smith is such a race baiting piece of ****.

Comment

• Mara just said "we are mostly standing here today because of our poor draft classes".

So lets fire the coach and keep the GM, makes perfect sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Besides his rookie year he never hit under .300 and only hit under 310 twice. lol whaaat the ****?
          bruh....they don't hit anymore.....baseball is weird.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• As he left the stage, Coughlin walked right by Mara, who stood up, with no eye contact.

Beefing?????

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              bruh....they don't hit anymore.....baseball is weird.
              Yea man, I hate it. His lack of homeruns is funny though. One year he bats .370, 7 homers, lol

Comment

Mara just said "we are mostly standing here today because of our poor draft classes".

So lets fire the coach and keep the GM, makes perfect sense.
                I think the last 3 we'll look back at as good drafts. We haven't really seen Odi,Owam Kenobi play yet.
                Bromley has been good, Richburg has been VERY good, Pugh has been good. Flowers was prob the best you could ever ask for out of a rookie LT. Collins was good, and will only get better. Kennard is aight. Hankins is legit.

It's our late picks that don't pan out. But I'd like to see what teams have had multiple really good late round picks come out of the drafts in those same 3 years.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Yea man, I hate it. His lack of homeruns is funny though. One year he bats .370, 7 homers, lol
                  Well, he wasn't a power hitter. Ever.
                  He was the best hitter in the game for YEARS.
                  He did LOOK like a power hitter at some points though lol
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Teammates used to rag on Ichiro because he was a contact hitter, and would just slap singles all day, but during exhibs and in BP, he would hit like 20 HRs in a row, just to **** with them lol.....like, "DUDE JUST SWING THE DAMN BAT!!! quit getting singles"
                    I could see how that would have been frustrating for the Mariners, because he would always get on base, but nobody else was ever getting hits. No runs scored lol
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I think the last 3 we'll look back at as good drafts. We haven't really seen Odi,Owam Kenobi play yet.
                      Bromley has been good, Richburg has been VERY good, Pugh has been good. Flowers was prob the best you could ever ask for out of a rookie LT. Collins was good, and will only get better. Kennard is aight. Hankins is legit.

It's our late picks that don't pan out. But I'd like to see what teams have had multiple really good late round picks come out of the drafts in those same 3 years.
                      Richburgs mehh, Collins was awful this year, Bromley been ok, Williams is trash.

Comment

Well, he wasn't a power hitter. Ever.
                        He was the best hitter in the game for YEARS.
                        He did LOOK like a power hitter at some points though lol
                        Obviously. Its just funny to me looking at amazing stats and you see .330 and only 4 homers.

Comment

Richburgs mehh, Collins was awful this year, Bromley been ok, Williams is trash.
                          Richburg is arguably the best center in the league already..

Comment

• If you had a lineup of:

C-Cochrane
                            1B-Rose
                            2B-Carew
                            3B-Boggs
                            SS-Jeter
                            OF-Gwynn
                            Ichiro
                            Yount
                            DH-Molitor

You may not hit a lot of home runs, but you would win a hell of a lot of games. I also think it would be more fun to watch than a few HRs here and there. Strikeouts and Home Runs are boring, I'd rather the ball be in play as often as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                              Richburg is arguably the best center in the league already..
                              because pff said so? He didnt have a good year at guard last year. Nagging injuries this year, terrible running game.

He gets a mehh from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                                If you had a lineup of:

C-Cochrane
                                1B-Rose
                                2B-Carew
                                3B-Boggs
                                SS-Jeter
                                OF-Gwynn
                                Ichiro
                                Yount
                                DH-Molitor

You may not hit a lot of home runs, but you would win a hell of a lot of games. I also think it would be more fun to watch than a few HRs here and there. Strikeouts and Home Runs are boring, I'd rather the ball be in play as often as possible.
                                Nice line up ya got there. haha
                                A lot of old coaches used to put their best hitter as clean up instead of the power guy.
                                I love seeing Yankee pitchers strike guys out. (PC richard whistle)

Comment

Working...
                                X