Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, I am not a world traveler at all, so maybe someone here can tell me if this is a realistic trip before I put any effort into it. Due to tax season being upon us, a 3 day weekend is the best I can muster until May. Would a trip to Milan be doable on a 3 day weekend? Looks like a 10 hour flight. So if I leave Thursday night after work and return late on Sunday night, with time change and everything will I get any real time there on Friday or Sunday or is it just a lot of travel for a day trip?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      Ok, I am not a world traveler at all, so maybe someone here can tell me if this is a realistic trip before I put any effort into it. Due to tax season being upon us, a 3 day weekend is the best I can muster until May. Would a trip to Milan be doable on a 3 day weekend? Looks like a 10 hour flight. So if I leave Thursday night after work and return late on Sunday night, with time change and everything will I get any real time there on Friday or Sunday or is it just a lot of travel for a day trip?

Thanks.
      Why dont you save some money and save Milan for May? Take a nice drive to Chicago or Boston or DC.

I believe Eastern Euro is 7-8 hours before us.

Comment

• Bill get banned again? lol
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Why dont you save some money and save Milan for May? Take a nice drive to Chicago or Boston or DC.

I believe Eastern Euro is 7-8 hours before us.
          Because she can't go in May, only early April, late March. Might wait for summer or not at all, but I thought it might be fun surprise for her spring break.

Comment

• Oh and I just got an alert for good price on tickets if I get them before Wednesday, so there is that.

Comment

Oh and I just got an alert for good price on tickets if I get them before Wednesday, so there is that.
              Seems like you don't need our advice
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I'm not going anywhere until May....going back to Vegas. For single dudes like myself it's like a buffet
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                  I'm not going anywhere until May....going back to Vegas. For single dudes like myself it's like a buffet
                  All the Zorkies you could ever dream of.

Comment

Seems like you don't need our advice
                    Actually, I do. I have never travelled that far and I'd do it for 2 days there, but if I am basically travelling for 2 of 3 and only getting a day, I won't.

Comment

All the Zorkies you could ever dream of.
                      ahh Zorkie the Yorkie....what a beaut! lol

But seriously....Vegas rocks. Last time I went, I wasn't single...seeing girls was like kryptonite....
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Actually, I do. I have never travelled that far and I'd do it for 2 days there, but if I am basically travelling for 2 of 3 and only getting a day, I won't.
                        Yea, you would only have Friday night, Saturday, and maybe catch breakfast on Sunday before you have to leave. I dont think its worth it.

Comment

I've never gone to Europe, sorry lady.

I can tell you all about Ecuador if you're ever interested, but...I wouldn't recommend going there. Unless youre going to a resort in the Galapagos
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Yea, you would only have Friday night, Saturday, and maybe catch breakfast on Sunday before you have to leave. I dont think its worth it.
                            What time local will I get there if I leave 7pm on Thursday? 12pm local? Then to be back here by say 1am local? 8am local? Am I calculating that right for a 10 hour flight?

Its a day and a half....but will we be up to doing anything on Friday afternoon evening after a flight that long?

Comment

I've never gone to Europe, sorry lady.

I can tell you all about Ecuador if you're ever interested, but...I wouldn't recommend going there. Unless youre going to a resort in the Galapagos
                              I don't think Ecuador will have what we are looking for. I promised to take her on a clothes shopping spree for Xmas, figured doing it in Milan would be fun. We talked about flying out to LA for it, but thought Europe might be more fun for her. We'll probably just do it locally or maybe take her up to NYC, she loves this kind of thing and I enjoy seeing her happy. I don't think Ecuador will have what we are looking for.

Comment

I don't think Ecuador will have what we are looking for. I promised to take her on a clothes shopping spree for Xmas, figured doing it in Milan would be fun. We talked about flying out to LA for it, but thought Europe might be more fun for her. We'll probably just do it locally or maybe take her up to NYC, she loves this kind of thing and I enjoy seeing her happy. I don't think Ecuador will have what we are looking for.
                                I was kidding about Ecuador.......I mean I have been there, but I never want to go back. I had a 6 day anxiety attack.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X