This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    I think that definition of a hall of famer is way too lax. It should be, "is this player clearly among the top 5 of all time who played his position?" If he is, then you have to decide which player gets dropped out of the Hall of Fame to make a spot for him.
    I like that but we'll need to empty pretty much all of the HOFs if it's enacted

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      I like what jmike is saying, but she just isn't going far enough with it (give her a break -- she's a woman). There should only be one player from each position, and when someone usurps the incumbent HoFer, the guy leaving the HoF is obligated to kill himself within 36 hours of the new candidates induction.

Now we're getting some traction. Can we start with the baseball HOF since that's the one that is stocked with the most mediocrity?

Comment

• Did you know the RIAA will add streams to album certification?

Sad day.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
          Did you know the RIAA will add streams to album certification?

Sad day.
          Based on what streams?
          I don't really think it matters anymore since album sales have been down since the 1990s. Even digitally people are more likely to pay for a song they want than a whole album.

Pluuusssss who cares about album certifications. it's not like anyone bases their tastes on which album went double platinum.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            Based on what streams?
            I don't really think it matters anymore since album sales have been down since the 1990s. Even digitally people are more likely to pay for a song they want than a whole album.

Pluuusssss who cares about album certifications. it's not like anyone bases their tastes on which album went double platinum.
            Any streaming service. Spotify, Pandora..maybe even You Tube.

Because some idiot in Iowa might go double, triple platinum over a dumbass song. You already know how ****ty music is nowadays. For example, Nicki Minaj, whose album only sold 600K thus far, even though it came out in the beginning of last year, is now platinum. Justin Bieber's albums are probably DIAMOND. That's ridiculous.

It's cool for indy artists, but ****ty for artist who dgaf about music, they just want a hit.

Comment

Because some idiot in Iowa might go double, triple platinum over a dumbass song. You already know how ****ty music is nowadays. For example, Nicki Minaj, whose album only sold 600K thus far, even though it came out in the beginning of last year, is now platinum. Justin Bieber's albums are probably DIAMOND. That's ridiculous.

It's cool for indy artists, but ****ty for artist who dgaf about music, they just want a hit.
              hmm....that's weird. It's not as if people are paying for Spotify and Pandora streams really...so the income has gotta be tiny in comparison to direct album sales via CD or itunes or whatever....
              Last edited by JPizzack; 02-01-2016, 03:03 PM.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Oh yea mean like Drake who feels the need to release a new song practically every day? He's not looking for a quick buck? lol
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I don't know if they continued it, but, my favorite part about AC 2 was when you found those random caves/churches, etc that had one of the hidden rooms you had to access for an item, and they basically turned that part of the map into a puzzle. like "hmm how do I get to that next column?!" kind of thing.
                  I LOVED that stuff.
                  Theres so many sequels Im getting confused haha, but yea theres Mayan puzzles and treasure maps errrywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    Theres so many sequels Im getting confused haha, but yea theres Mayan puzzles and treasure maps errrywhere.
                    AC2 was literally the 2nd game. Instead of Altair being the main character, it was the Italian kid, Ezio.It took place in Italy obviously. Rome, Florence, etc. He was featured also in Brotherhood, and Revelations. Then in the AC3, the character was the native kid? I didn't play that one.
                    Last edited by JPizzack; 02-01-2016, 05:44 PM.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Staind or Creed? Asking for a friend.
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                        Staind or Creed? Asking for a friend.
                        Tell your friend to stab their eardrums.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Tell your friend to stab their eardrums.
                          and themselves in general.

Comment

• Favorite Mortal Kombat character?

Comment

Favorite Mortal Kombat character?
                              hmmm.....I played as Sub Zero a lot when I was a kid on the original SNES game
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

it's nice to see you

Comment

Working...
                                X