This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    The Pittsburgh Steelers, Arizona Cardinals and like 10 other teams would disagree with you.....
    Yes...You cited 2 teams that may have a better #2 WR in the entire NFL.

The combination of Randle and Bechkam combined for 2200+ yards and 22 TD's.

How many WR duo's the the NFL are on that level? Maybe a few?
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      I understand where MHs coming fro mthough. Giants fans want a trio like 2011 and thats rare.
      Agreed. Randle is not an ideal #2 but it isn't like there are many others that have produced to his level available. The question is can you replace him with a cheaper option that can produce in this offense to the same level or better. I think they can, but to go cheaper you will have to get an aging vet or a younger player that hasn't done it yet but shows the ability to do so. Neither is a lock to be an improvement. A young FA with good production will be expensive no matter how you want to twist it and somebody will likely pay Randle well because of his age and production. So do you pay your own overpriced FA, somebody else's overpriced FA or roll the dice with the inexperienced or over the hill options.

That's what the pro scouts get paid for I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Does that really matter when one of them had double the yardage of the other??
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

I understand where MHs coming fro mthough. Giants fans want a trio like 2011 and thats rare.
          That will never happen again....

I'd like a guy where you can say "ODB is in double coverage...that's ok, THIS guy will get 150 and 2 scores today instead. name your poison."

You can't do that with Randle. Nobody respects him enough to try to stop him...
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Actually....Pittsburgh and AZ had 3 guys that can go off ay any time. That's scary.

Nobody is scared of Randle. We're lucky if he finishes a route, EVEN KNOWS the route, or holds onto the ball anyway.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Actually....Pittsburgh and AZ had 3 guys that can go off ay any time. That's scary.

Nobody is scared of Randle. We're lucky if he finishes a route, EVEN KNOWS the route, or holds onto the ball anyway.
              3 drops in 2015. Hasn't fumbled since 2013. So stop with that "if he even holds onto the ball" nonsense.

Secondly I will repeat....Eli has a higher completion % throwing to RR than ODB or Harris.

You make all these horrible comments about him about never finishing routes etc........And yet he produces.

How is this possible.

YOU SAY he always drops balls. THE FACTS are that he only had 3 drops all season. Harris had 4 drops in half the targets.
              YOU SAY he's a bum who doesn't try. THE FACTS are that his productivity suggests an above average #2 WR.

Comment

In 2015 the average production of the top 2 receivers in the NFL was 1893 yards and 13 TDs

Combined yards of top 2 receivers the Giants rank 6th with 2247 yards.

Combined TDs the Giants rank 3rd (behind only the Jets and Jaguars) with 21.

Overall the most productive were the Jets ranking 1st in TDs and 2nd in yards.

List: yards - TDs:

NYJ 2529 26
                JAX 2431 24
                PIT 2599 17
                NYG 2247 21

ARZ 2218 16
                HOU 2179 15
                NE 1868 18
                DET 2027 15

DEN 2439 12
                CIN 2113 14
                SEA 1754 19
                CAR 1843 17

OAK 1992 15
                CLE 2009 14
                ATL 2528 9
                NO 2122 12

WAS 1729 17
                KC 1963 13
                IND 1857 11
                GB 1719 14

PHI 1850 10
                MIA 1819 9
                SD 1480 13
                BUF 1599 12

TEN 1637 10
                TB 1767 7
                BAL 1614 8
                MIN 1215 9

SF 1452 8
                DAL 1553 6
                CHI 1271 5
                STL 1162 3

Comment

3 drops in 2015. Hasn't fumbled since 2013. So stop with that "if he even holds onto the ball" nonsense.

Secondly I will repeat....Eli has a higher completion % throwing to RR than ODB or Harris.

You make all these horrible comments about him about never finishing routes etc........And yet he produces.

How is this possible.

YOU SAY he always drops balls. THE FACTS are that he only had 3 drops all season. Harris had 4 drops in half the targets.
                  YOU SAY he's a bum who doesn't try. THE FACTS are that his productivity suggests an above average #2 WR.
                  WOW MOREHEAD!!! It's almost like the guy is polarizing because people actually have expectations. Crazy.
                  Ok, fine.....let's break it down another way.
                  How many of ODB's targets are within 15 yards?
                  How many of Randle's are within 15 yards?

Do you honestly think that ODB should have a higher completion percentage than Randle??? Think about it.
                  You're not asking them to be the same player, you're asking Randle to be reliable. His % should be MUCH higher than the 63% or whatever that he is.
                  (Btw, you quoted those stats as if they are crazy differences......literally 2%. 61 vs 63%....GETTHE****OUTTAHEREWITHTHAT****OLDMAAAAAAN!!!!)

edit - my point about not asking them to be the same player is because Beckham is clearly the deep threat, and Randle is not.
                  Last edited by JPizzack; 02-17-2016, 01:02 PM.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• jmike......careful using stats against MH. Like a typical republican, he only uses statistics when they advantage him.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

How is this possible.

completion % means nothing.
                      The Eli to Randle combo has the most ints out of any WR hes ever had.

Comment

jmike......careful using stats against MH. Like a typical republican, he only uses statistics when they advantage him.
                        yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

Comment

completion % means nothing.
                          The Eli to Randle combo has the most ints out of any WR hes ever had.
                          ugh don't remind me.
                          I think at one point I cried as multiple passes bounced off his hands and chest into the arms of a safety.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

jmike......careful using stats against MH. Like a typical republican, he only uses statistics when they advantage him.
                            well in this case they do support his claim. His method of arguing is simply repeating the same thing over and over again with little to no support and either doesn't read or doesn't comprehend the points of the person he is arguing with. I liken it to arguing with a drunk Eagles fan about how the Eagles have been better than the Giants since 2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                              I liken it to arguing with a drunk Eagles fan about how the Eagles have been better than the Giants since 2000.
                              Id say thats pretty low, but its possible Benedict might be an Eagles fan.

Comment

Her stats completely supported my view.
                                According to her numbers, the Giants WR duo is one of the best in the NFL.

How could her numbers suggest anything else?

Comment

Working...
                                X